Buying wrong item

Is there any reason for the policy of GMs not allowing you to refund an item if you equip it immediately? I just don’t see who this benefits, I reported that I bought the wrong item immediately but because I equipped it they aren’t able to refund.

If I had to guess it’s to discourage anyone from “borrowing gear” from the vendor and refunding it before timer expires. So let’s say you are saving for weapon but you buy two armor pieces to wear temporarily.

Another reason is probably business related, so that refunding items isn’t taking a big chunk of GM’s time.

5 Likes

I suspect it’s completely business related, which boils to what they actually care about - the best profit margins possible. But, maybe they should realise that annoying their players also damages their bottom line.

1 Like

Tries to buy item

Game: are you sure?

You: yes.

Tries to equip item

Game: are you sure you want to equip as you won’t get a refund?

You: Yes

… wahhhhhhh I bought the wrong item wahhhhhhhhh

10 Likes

Because the pop ups are so annoying people immidiately click them off.
It’s basically analogy to boy cried wolf kinda situation.

People should pay more attention then so they don’t make stupid QQ threads like this.

2 Likes

Or maybe GM’s could actually be GM’s and help players when something goes wrong.

I made a ticket almost immediately following and they say they are unable to help. What is the point to not make a player happy when it doesn’t harm anyone.

Next time I’m working I could be a jobsworth and be like ‘‘I could help you and it would cost me nothing but there’s nothing saying I should so I’ll just laugh at you’’. Then in this metaphor continued you’d be the guy waiting to be seen next and just be laughing that the first guy didn’t get helped. How does it even benefit you being nasty to me - oh yeah because maybe you’re a person who enjoys to see others have a bad time. I’m sure your friends and family appreciate that side of you immensely

But that’s not the same. I think it’s not that the GMs don’t want to fix your problem, but rather that they can’t (anymore). Whoever is in charge (the GM of GMs) removed many of the powers and liberties they had before, and there’s probably some very specific and strict guidelines for them now.

I mean… while i don’t have a high opinion about this guy he is actually right. Pop ups are annoying, yes, but they are there for a reason. :man_shrugging:

If they took away their powers and make them follow strict guidelines - that is still a decision they made. My point is they don’t really care about the player base.

It is exactly the same, love spreads love, being difficult for no reason → spreads the same.
Making a guideline then saying - well it’s the guideline’s fault is being a jobsworth. I mean ‘‘I was just following orders’’ is always a great excuse right?

Man its just like laws right? You keep on getting told you cant assault people or murder them or run them down or hit your wife or kill your kids. All of a sudden you just find yourself doing it because your getting so annoyed with all these pop-up rules. Happens to all of us! Like when I got caught gratifying myself in public. I was told so many times it was illegal so I went ahead and did it. Clear case of boy cried wolf !!

like ye its sad for u that they cant help.
but like said there are even pop ups warning u that the decision to equipp will make the item unrefundable. the positive at least is it probably wont happen to u again.

Well, there are signs to look both ways when you cross the road. Should the doc in the hospital tell you that instead of help you?

Trying to compare the ethics of a doctor to equipping an item in World of Warcraft. What a time to be alive.

Stop being an entitled baby. When you equipped your item, it would have been made VERY clear to you that you wouldn’t get a refund for it and it would be binded to you. If you decided to ignore the warnings then that’s your own fault. It’s called ‘responsibility for your own actions’.

The ethics of small things permeate through, so you chalk it up to human nature to not care about something small, maybe I choose to not care about something slightly bigger and so forth.

Tell me, did you never make a mistake and were you never given a bit of slack?

Yes, it’s my fault that I made a mistake. Maybe, when someone could help you with your next mistake you’ll be thankful that the person that day actually cares about you rather than just seeing you a ATM for their buisness.

I’m entileted to nothing, but am I not allowed to ask? ‘‘If you don’t ask you don’t get’’.

Irl I’ve made plenty of mistakes, all from which I have learned from and wouldn’t make again .

You did ask. You were told no and you were told why. You have come here, and everyone again, is saying no and why.

Imagine this scenario: a new raid comes out and some super busted BoEs are available on the Auction House. You buy the BoE’s, equip them and kill the bosses with your OP pieces. When you’ve finished, you try and get your money back. Should you be refunded? No, because you made a conscious decision to 1) purchase the item and 2) acknowledge that the piece would be binded to you and still equip it anyway.

Equipping the BoEs and then trying to sell them is abusing mechanics. Asking for a refund for an item that you have had equipped for 2 mins is a completely different scenario.

You take those apples - they aren’t oranges

People are just pretending to have accidentally bought the wrong item. In fact, they bought exactly the one they wanted, but they realized that it would be better if they bought some other, with other stats etc. Then they come here and whine.

Research a bit or simply ask before you buy.

2 Likes

Surely if the player is just pretending to have bought the incorrect item they can check how long they they had the item. There is no benefit for buying an item for 1 min then asking for help to change it to another one for the player. Hence, there is no reason for them not to help out in this scenario

For some reason you neglect to say the key thing here: not only did you equip the item, but you also upgraded it. Prove me wrong.