Calendar broken in 8.3.7

Hi Rowtan,

Thank you for the intel but i dont have a mass invite buttom but i did find an addon that helps me with that. Thank you for your time!

1 Like

I fear that this is linked to the planned server connections as when players are offline and therefore not showing as Invited/Accepted/Declined then if you try to re-invite them it tells you that they have already been invited but in our case here on Draenor that the player is on the Gnomeragan realm.

This is probably why they are silent on the issue, they aren’t easily able to fix it without rolling back the realm connection code changes for 9.0.

I sincerely hope that nobody at Blizzard is clueless enough to be thinking that living with this bug for three months or more before 9.0 hits is acceptable.

But the lack of any updates or a fix does make me concerned that it’s not a trivial matter.

1 Like

Been a full week now… Strange how this issue takes this long to solve when it happened with the maintenance from last week.
can we get an update please from blizz?

1 Like

Can we can and update on this, arranging community raids is becoming increasingly frustrating.

1 Like

It’s been more than a week since calendar signs are not visible … community raids affected. Still investigated …??

1 Like

I created a ticket in response to this and was told “We will reset the guild but you will need to waiting until reset for this to be fixed”.

Its reset. Hasn’t been fixed. Good one.

1 Like

This issue persists even after the EU reset.
Handling raid signups is quite difficult now.
A fix would be highly appreciated.

1 Like

I’m not sure why they told you they would reset your guild, it’s everyone and everywhere. The US realms has the same issue.

1 Like

This really needs to get fixed. It’s absurd that they didn’t try this latest patch out on the PTR first. Any guild that uses the in-game calendar is going to be feeling the pain of this. Each raid we go into, we have no idea if we’ll have enough or if we’ll be oversubscribed or any way to plan our roster for the night. It’s incredibly frustrating and Blizzard’s silence on the matter is worrying.

1 Like

Glad you’ve got it sorted. Perhaps we were talking about different things - i was talking about mass inviting those who had signed up to an event. I’m pretty sure the default calendar has/had a mass invite, because I remember getting frustrated about it mass inviting even those who had signed tentative, rather than just those who had been accepted. But perhaps I’m mis-remembering, or they changed it. To be honest, I use an addon anyway, because the default calendar, even when it works, isn’t fit for purpose. I use LOIHCal.

1 Like

We are having major issues with this. I’m doing my best to compile a list of who is going, based on who signs on the calendar (although of course that only works if I’m online at the same time as them) and if they tell me directly. But I suspect a lot of people will just see a very lightly attended event, at best, on the calendar, and just decide not to sign up. I’m having to spend a silly amount of extra time just to maintain something like our normal activity.

1 Like

Because there is no internal communication, probably a bunch of guys know what is going on and no one else.

Atm we are using a Google Form were people can reply and then before the next raid we collect the people that accepted but it’s still a mess considering mythic is 20 players only so its kinda hard to tell everyone that is set up to standby when they aren’t always online.

1 Like

Yup, happening to us too.

Can see the responses only from guild members currently online. Also, we have a glitch where some of the ‘Responded on’ dates don’t look like proper calendar dates - August 33, years all out, etc etc…

That causes chaos on raid day where our raid lead has already had to make adjustments after the calendar broke the first time!

We’re using Discord to get signups.

1 Like

whats the latest on this problem, raids are so much of a struggle now and everyone losing motivation as they cant see the signups, its getting really frustrating!!

2 Likes

Hi there, this was 9 days ago, and its still broken.

Do you have any sollution ready? Its making it really difficult to manage signups for raids, we are using discord at the moment but the in-game calendar is clearly better.

1 Like

Darn now its been 10 days since this bug :S i really hope there will be a fix soon

1 Like

Yep, this is still broken. By default it won’t show anyone that is not on your server and it doesn’t even always show those that are online.

Guild events are a complete headache to organize now and less people attend because they think that no one is signing up. This needs to be fixed asap as it’s killing community.

1 Like

Any chance of an update please? It’s been 11 days without fix or news.

Communities and guilds are losing cohesion because nobody knows who’s signed up, whether it’s worth them also signing up, who has priority if spaces are limited, etc. There is only so long that they can survive without actually hosting events to bring people together.

Are the devs aware that players may start drifting away if this isn’t resolved soon?

Also; see how many views this thread had vs everything else on this forum. It’s been a problem for 2 weeks and over 5000 people have come here looking for an answer.

2 Likes

Is there any update to this. Any solution in sight? Not to sound pissy or anything but people doing things together is kinda a big deal in a MMO. A broken calender might seem like low priority but its actually a significant issue for every guild that has any form of organised play. Be it raiding, M+, PvP or RP. This is a huge problem!
Please… Atleast let us know if its on the table to be fixed before Shadowlands :frowning:

3 Likes

Indeed. I’m not sure the dev team has realised that this is utterly crippling many raiding guilds/communities. Unless they very quickly out-of-gamed their scheduling, nobody knows who’s planning to attend, or who signed first.

It is flipping bad. Please fix, or at least let us know WHEN it will be fixed. If it’s not until Shadowlands, I can see a hecka lot of ‘casual raiders’ evaporating and never coming back…

1 Like