Calling: Scarshield Legion Community

Hey there everyone.

In August WoW Classic will be launched. Due to this event some older players from Scarshield Legion that played during Vanilla, TBC en WotLK are coming together again to reform that community we had back then.

I myself was playing Moofassa (Druid) and was in the guilds Illusion (TBC), Aftermath (TBC), The Risen (TBC/WotLK) and Completely Different (WotLK).

We managed to find some players and join up on discord:
Babbus: Druid and GM of Completely Different
Charlaine: Paladin and Officer in Completely Different
Zarlane: Priest and Officer in Completely Different
Trinny: Paladin and Officer in Completely Different
Scapegoat: Mage and Officer in Completely Different (better known from R O N I N)
Andros: DK in Completely Different
Vurnero: DK in Completely Different
Kalifno: Rogue in Completely Different
Groth: Warrior in Completely Different, The Risen
Thylos: Druid from The Risen, Aftermath

We are also still contacting a few players like Pindleskin, Zashema and many others.

We are mostly looking for the people from the Scarshield Legion community that want to reconnect and have some fun in Classic. It does not matter if you were in rival guilds. It does not matter if you canā€™t raid and just want to play Classic casually. Heck it is even fine if you just want to level professions. Leave a message if this appeals to you.

Some of the guilds we remembered and had close ties with (or rivalry):
Aftermath
Illusion
Ferus
Zenith
Lost
R O N I N (PvP)
Tainted
Northrend Exposure
The Risen

I also hope this message reaches a few players that either me and others really want to get in touch with but have not been able to like:
Weedor (Mage)
Katarsis (DK from Portugal)
Nickodemus (Mage)
Eradis (Warrior)
Dey (Druid)
Rend (Warrior)
Ferg (Warrior)
Squeezer (Warrior)
Grogar (Hunter)
Ahgrim (Shaman)
Jubilex (Priest)
Paindealer (Warrior)
Trid (DK or Rogue)
Rabican (Priest)

I remember a ton of other players though like Hid, Thaya, Ricardo (and his damn box), Giino, Coy, Atreyon, Secord and god knows how many more. If you google my name with Scarshield Legion you should even find a petition thread with tons of player names (when we petitioned for a realm merger).

So if you were that silent guy or we just missed you, donā€™t be shy and shout out.
Going to leave my contact: Kittycatus#2509

2 Likes

The classic hype has me actually coming back to WoW after all these years.
I quit playing a little bit before BC was released. I was a paladin in Sub Rosa (Character name Holius, canā€™t select him since I donā€™t have a subscription) during the Vanilla days, so obviously we were on alliance. Iā€™m quite certain we killed Chromaggus in BWL, but Iā€™m not sure if the guild ever downed Nefarion. I certainly donā€™t remember doing it myself. Back then I think we were ranked 5th in raid progression on SSL (which wasnā€™t too impressive at all), and we were mainly a roleplaying guild.
I remember my class officer was a paladin named Llira. Other people I remember are Gurnius, Scorchio, Taiqri and Aphrodite. I remember there was a male dwarf paladin or warrior on the server who organized ZG PUG raids in the early afternoon, because they couldnā€™t play when most of the server was raiding. I think his name was Kram (hug in swedish) or something to do with hugging.
I was a kid back then. I remember meeting the GM and a few other people at a roleplaying event IRL one summer, but they were all 18+ while I was in my early teens. While it would be fun to reconnect, Iā€™ve unfortunately forgotten most of the people I played with. I donā€™t think I even remember playing lots with anyone who wasnā€™t in Sub Rosa. SSL had PvE guilds who transferred (by making new characters and leveling up) and werenā€™t interested in RP at all, so I remember the community was split.

If anybody remembers me, Iā€™d love to meet up again once classic starts. Give me a high-five or something if you meet me again. Not sure if Iā€™m willing or able to raid, but Iā€™d at least want to check out many of the 5-mans or UBRS again.

Nice to meet you Holius. Sub Rosa actually rings a bell to me though I wasnā€™t as mega active in Classic as I was in TBC and WotLK. I must say that the Alliance community on SSL always felt a bit smaller and less active than Horde. Especially when we tried to organize some events but also PvE wise they seemed to have less raiding guilds. Though I do remember plenty of Alliance players. I know I have the GM of Echoes of Lorderon in my friendslist for example. She is still active.

We will be keeping this thread active until Classic comes out in August so there is plenty of time to get back in touch with specific community members from back then. And if not then you can always join us for the classic experience. Though we will be rolling horde. :wink:

Edit: No idea why my posting character just randomly changed.

Played on SSL from the the start, manā€¦ so glad to see those names up thereā€¦ would love to catch up with folk and am absolutely playing in classic, cannot wait!
All the best to ye and Rabican was the man, by the way!
Anyone remember Agriath? Manā€¦ badass warriorā€¦
Will spread the word about this, keep up with some folk from Aftermath IRL, would be great to see a community flourish in classic!
Best regards,
Garv.

1 Like

Hey Garviel I remember you.

I remember Agriath as well, I think I was in the same guild as him at some point (or few times even) because I remember him wrecking dps meters.

I needed Wowprogress to confirm but I remember you were in a RP guild first (Greywolf Tribe, I had a hard time coming up with the name, I believe they were a Tauren only guild also?). But joined the raiding scene later.

I left my battletag this time in the post.

1 Like

Aye manā€¦ Greywolf Tribe, many many moons ago!:wink:
Most excellent to hear from ye and thanks for the response:)

1 Like

Shameless bump. Looking for more from SSL!

1 Like

SSL was the first server I played, and settled on, before TBC rolled around. I was the night elf druid Kurith (the same character Iā€™m posting on actually) in the Circle of the Moon guild.

I doubt the server as a whole would remember me though Iā€™m sure a couple people from my old guild might.

Well anyway, Iā€™m going horde for Classic so Iā€™m sure youā€™ll see me around.

1 Like

Greetings Moofassa!

I apologize for the fact that I use your topic, but looking for my old brothers from Vanilla, I noticed that you are also looking for one of them - this is Weedor! =)
With your permission, I will leave info about myself, in the hope of finding my brothers!

Guild: Hidden
Realm: Scareshield Legion
Name: Gauss
Class: Priest

I miss you guys!
Coppy and add my btag - np0cT0#2317

Good luck Moofassa in your search!

No worries it is what this thread is for. We havenā€™t been able to track down Weedor though. :frowning:

The guild Hidden rings a bell to me. Hope you find some people.

1 Like

Hello!,

I was the druid classleader in Aftermath in vanilla. During BC i focused mainly on PVP and was one of the founding members of RONIN. The Guild name was actually my suggestion. RONIN started as a pvp guild for a bunch of friends who had gotten to know eachother in a different guild called ā€œThe Brotherhood of Fireā€.

I spent alot of fun times there with my friends Nickodemus and Dihem.

Anyway thanks for making this post. Made me quite nostalgic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just decided to give wow another shot (mainly through classic hype) i was a fairly small time player in the world of SSL by the name of Goshawk the troll hunter, was in Illusion for a little while, i moved away and came back as Calethal (hello) in the Descendants of Madness raid guild

Iā€™ll bump my brother (Eradis) IRL although I doubt heā€™ll be playing classic :slight_smile:

Ah cool I remember all of you actually. Narux, Goshawk (I was in Illusion too with Dey as GM) and Eradis ofc.

I bet you know Scapegoat very well Narux. He will be playing as well I believe or at least is in the discord.

Itā€™s nice to see some more people from SSL. Been part of it since TBC came out and still hanging out. \o/

Garviel , i think i remember you , i was also a member of the Greywolf Tribe pretty early on . It was the best , i dont remember all the names but some , like Silver , Gellion , Stubhorn , Coyote ā€¦ we use to RP a lot in Thunder Bluff on sunday nights .
I joined the Guild as Pinuzo but everyone called me Pin .
I would love to recreate some of those moments within the Tribe , get in contact with some other old members ā€¦ and why not , give it a try in Classic .
Thank you Moofassa for creating this post and sorry if i m going slightly ot .

2 Likes

My guild, Sang Real, used to RP with the Greywolf Tribe quite a lot (Though more when Kei was the guild leader and I played as Rezial)! A bit funny about the timing since Iā€™ve been planning on stationing SR in Thunder Bluff in an upcoming patch probably, depending on how the story evolves.

1 Like

So happy to have come across this post! Iā€™m feeling super nostalgic! I havenā€™t played WoW in around 7+ years and recently saw a trailer and felt the need to subscribe again. Did a little search on here for Scarshield Legion and this came up.
I played on Scarshield Legion for most of my time on WoW, until the last year that I played when the realm seemed to go very quiet. I made so many amazing friends on SSL, some I still keep in touch with today.
I played a Hunter named Sanixia and was part of < R O N I N >
Over the years Iā€™ve been in touch with Ricardos, Jonbull, vladutziu, Dennis M and Dennis F (can NOT remember their character names so that probably doesnā€™t mean much :sweat_smile:) and still have a lot of them on Facebook. Amazing how a game can create lifelong friends!

2 Likes

Hey all SSL veterans,

so happy to come across this post. Recalling so many familiar names hit me right in the feels. I would really love to reconnect with you even though most of you probably wonā€™t remember me. I played female human warrior named Adelaide since February 2006 until late WotLK when I switched to Horde.

Some alliance names/guilds I remember:

• Benedetta / Liberi Fatali
  • Fariano / Liberi Fatali
  • Skelos / Liberi Fatali
  • Jeren / Sub Rosa
  • Scorchio / Sub Rosa
  • Elena / Sub Rosa
  • Validus / Closed Circle
  • Jabari / Closed Circle
  • Felidra / Echoes of Lordaeron

From TBC days I mostly remember my old guildmates from guild Avatars of Torment. If anyone sees this, give me a shout!

Honorary mention goes to Darwinia / Aftermath who was pretty much the PvE legend on the server.

Letā€™s keep this going, guys. See you on Aug, 27 hopefully.

1 Like

Wow, nice to see the Sang Real guild tag still exists.

Nice to see Vlad mentioned, canā€™t believe I forgot about him. Recognize a lot more names too. I believe I still have Liesje on my friends list. She was GM from Echoes of Lordaeron.

Keep them posts coming. Nice to see all these familiar names.
One more month to go guys. :grin: