Camera zoom in/out

I guess this question was asked lots of times, but I couldn’t find the proper answer on google nor on blizzard forums.

Is it possible to zoom out the camera more than allowed? And if it is possible, is it LEGIT?

Thanks.
Dave.

Yes. Im not sure how tho. I know my elvui addon ui overhall lets me zoom out crazy far

You used to be able to do it with a console command.

1 Like

There used to be a way.

If there was one now, I’d be using it, legit or not.

With the current view disnce, I find it hard to play for more than about an hour at a time.

They even restricted it in Classic, of all the STUPID things to do! :angry:

I mean, I can take a picture of my character fully zoomef out later. Hes about an inch tall

Really? Even now? I don’t see an Overhall addon?

Unless what I have is the standard zoom out, but i dont remember it going that far. But ill get q picture later. Later being about 6 hours from now

1 Like

Thank you!

This isn’t just the usual forum opinion testing for me. This would actually let me play again.

Well. I’d like if there could be a “green” reply or something so I could know exactly if it’s bannable or not :confused: Would not like to get in a bad position only 'cause of zooming out :smiley: Thanks.

If it’s not allowed then how can it possibly be legit ?

‘Legit’ is short for ‘Legitimate’.

Legitimate means conforming to the law or to rules. In other words it’s something that’s allowed, if it’s not allowed then it’s not Legit

3 Likes

Green reply means nothing, they are just forum folk.

Bottom line is there was a console command that allowed max zoom to be way out there. It got disabled so you can’t anymore.

It got disabled because everybodies favorite game director Ion Hazikostas wanted us to stare at bosses crotches 24/7.

2 Likes

How does elvui allow you to zoom out that much? I use elvui and still have to use console command or “auto set max camera distance” addon to do this.

Its possible im totally missremembering as i dont actually play that zoomed out. Or maybe I did the command ages ago and forgot

thanks, was about to say that.

/console cameraDistanceMaxZoomFactor 2.6

thats the max zoom you can get in game legally. everything else is not allowed.

3 Likes

Green replies mean nothing.

Thanks to all of ya.

Peace.

Leatrix plus addon also has max cam range as a toggable option. handy because it’s always enabled on all characters then.

Can you tell me why? i’m just curious, because i don’t like far camera distance myself :stuck_out_tongue:

You can still get slightly further with commands than the standard distance. But they cut that distance down a lot :frowning:

I use simply addon that re-enables hidden commands in blizzard ui. Addon simply known as ‘Advanced Interface Options’. you see none of those options were not removed from game, just from player UI … for some reason.

This also has the camera slider up to that now allowed 2.6.

1 Like