Can’t cope with the Warband Character select

Yanks are having the same issues

They complain about everything :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

My characters have usual the same name. It’s a total mess. I am amazed that there is space for “4” favourites…
Just expand the character cards and add realm by default. The hover doesn’t bring me anything in terms of visibility.

2 Likes

Who ever has designed this should be fired and who ever approved this stupid design should also be fired, I can’t understand how in 2024 YOU DO NOT HAVE A FILTER, guess everyone can remember D4 still doesn’t have a loot filter, guess all blizzard devs have some kind of rare alergy to filters…already starting the next expansion with a huge LLLLLLLLLLLL

5 Likes

so far every ui change made has been worse for me, worse character select screen, worse spellbook, worse hunter pet stable.

5 Likes

I can agree with this.

The spell book is now a horrible mess. It’s good that you can search it, and make it smaller, but the Old layout was far superior.

Also there are way too many different Quest icons now. In previous updates when they have added more Quest icons, it made sense. Now I have no idea what is going on and what quest does what.

Overall really bad update for User Experience.

5 Likes

Well that’ the point.

Players are just going to skip it, and log into the game. I hate to use this phrase, but the vast majority of people only going to spend 2 seconds switching from one character to another.

The mere fact that this is forced upon us, and there is no way to remove the favourites tab from our UI is a real misjudgement from Blizzard that they think enough players will be interested.

The reality is that it’s a niche feature that will only appeal to a small part of the player base on a long term basis.

Trust me, as soon as the new stuff honeymoon is over, players will forget about this feature and get back to focusing on playing the game.

2 Likes

Use favourites and get a grip.

4 Likes

It seemed random at first and I was annoyed aswell but I figured out the logic behind it, for whatever reason they decided to sort it by most recent login at top followed by the next recent login etc.

Its funny that WoW’s replayability is based on creating and playing multiple alts. Yet this new character selection is completely user unfriendly if you have more than a few alts.

One thing is how they mashed them all in a single list. Another is how the list scales with the in-game GUI if you use that feature. You can’t have bigger GUI and small character select, u gotta have bigger both and then u can see like 5 characters in total in that list lol.

6 Likes

I’m not even joking, but it’s affecting me so much I’m wondering if I should just delete all my characters that I haven’t played for a little while. It’s so overwhelming. Even after I spent an hour organising everything, it’s just a wall of scrolling.

4 Likes

They definitely should at least give us the option to have:

• 1 Favorite list with 4 slots for the Warband Screen.
  • 1 Favorite List for Alliance (Warband off-screen)
  • 1 Favorite List for Horde (Warband off-screen)

Give those favorite-lists the option to be expanded/collapsed visually, so you can easily navigate to the preferred list.

That way your problem would be solved and we others have a benefit from it.

2 Likes

I agree and as a GM I dont think my guild will survive this one, guildies will all be very pissed off and we are struggling ti keep numbers up as it is. Lamentable changes, what are they thinking.

2 Likes

I don’t think there is. :frowning:

I personally like the new character selection screen. I won’t complain about not having to switch realms to log onto different characters, but I wish we had more collapsible ordered lists and an advanced search option. Something like this:

Multiple Ordered Lists :ballot_box_with_check:     Drop Menu :stop_button:      One-Order List :stop_button:

Search (Character, Realm, Character - Realm)

Favorites [-]

Crisswyn
Outland
Level 70 Paladin - Alliance
Valdrakken

Suntsu
Silvermoon
Level 70 Monk - Alliance
Valdrakken

Nathanyel
Argent Dawn
Level 70 Priest - Alliance
Valdrakken

Mattmurdock
Kil’rogg
Level 70 Demon Hunter - Alliance
Valdrakken

Characters [-]

Outland [-] :email:

Alliance [-] :email:

Arthemyst
Outland
Level 70 Death Knight - Alliance
Valdrakken

Mattmurdhock :email:
Outland
Valdrakken

Astraceleste
Outland
Level 70 Druid - Alliance
Valdrakken

Horde [-]

Arhyon
Outland
Level 70 Shaman - Horde
Valdrakken

Colefyer
Outland
Level 70 Mage - Horde
Valdrakken

Argent Dawn [-] :email:

Alliance [-]

Crisswyn
Argent Dawn
Valdrakken

Horde [+] :email:

Silvermoon [+]

Draenor [+] :email:

or

Mixing old-style with the new one.

[Preview 1] :

Multiple Ordered Lists :stop_button:      Drop Menu :ballot_box_with_check:      One-Order List :stop_button:

Favorites [-]

Crisswyn
Outland
Valdrakken

Suntsu
Silvermoon
Level 70 Monk - Alliance
Valdrakken

Nathanyel
Argent Dawn
Level 70 Priest - Alliance
Valdrakken

Mattmurdock
Kil’rogg
Valdrakken

Realm:

Outland :arrow_down_small:

Characters [-]

Arthemyst
Outland
Valdrakken

Mattmurdhock
Outland
Valdrakken

Astraceleste
Outland
Valdrakken

Arhyon
Outland
Level 70 Shaman - Horde
Valdrakken

Colefyer
Outland
Level 70 Mage - Horde
Valdrakken

[Preview 2] :

• Click on the dropdown menu to expand it. A list of realms on which you have characters is displayed. Select a realm from the list. Characters from the selected realm will show up.

• The Favorites List is collapsed in this preview.

Multiple Ordered Lists :stop_button:      Drop Menu :ballot_box_with_check:      One-Order List :stop_button:

Favorites [+]

Realm:

Outland :arrow_down_small:

Silvermoon
Argent Dawn :email: :point_left:t2:
Draenor :email:
Kil’rogg

Characters [-]

Arthemyst
Outland
Valdrakken

Mattmurdhock
Outland
Valdrakken

Astraceleste
Outland
Valdrakken

Arhyon
Outland
Level 70 Shaman - Horde
Valdrakken

Colefyer
Outland
Level 70 Mage - Horde
Valdrakken

[Preview 3] :

• After selecting Argent Dawn in Preview 2
  • Only your characters on Argent Dawn shows up
  • The Favorites List is still collapsed in this preview

Favorites [+]

Realm:

Argent Dawn :email: :arrow_down_small:

Characters [-]

Crisswyn
Argent Dawn
Valdrakken

Arthemyst :email:
Argent Dawn
Level 70 Death Knight - Horde
Valdrakken

Maybe they will add it in the future

3 Likes

The new character select screen is a total, unmanageable mess that’s making me cry, especially with tons of alts that are using similar names across servers.

Please, for the love of gods, return the option to sort by server, or the option to swap back to the old, clear and perfect system!

(Should have never stuck my nose out of SoD again…)

5 Likes

The new screen is just crap sorry I hate to say that but whoever came up with it has no idea of the individual players preferences or for that matter that the player might have characters set up in a certain order of magnitude or reasoning, and then it messes that up mine was completely wrong on first log in had to spend 10 minutes getting it back to correct order.

Why also is the “warband” limited to a certain set of characters, all my alts matter to me and therefore all of them should be in that group. Who made the call as to which characters of mine were in and those that were not? Sorry it was really wrong in the order they had been put in and having to correct it was frustrating even if it is a minor thing.

Another grand idea implemented by Blizzard and poorly executed in reality…nice one Blizz keep it up*

• Was I being too sarcastic when I said that last line!
4 Likes

Seems strange they didn’t create a realm like page just for your warband? That is what i thought they were doing, it feels really odd seeing everything on one list, maybe ill get used to it.

I don’t like the warband background either its very plain and boring, did they say we would get others?

One plus i will say with them all on one page is that you can easily go through and delete old chars which is something i have been meaning to do for a while, it would have been better to add an option to organise them by level though, had to do it manually and it took ages :joy:

Yes this character menu screen is just a mess. I also have different realms for Alliance and Horde. I dont see them changing it, we’ll just be stuck with this mess. think im just going to unsub

3 Likes

It’s an accessibility issue as much as anything else. I have ADHD and had all my characters, per realm, exactly as I needed them set up. Now they’re all mashed onto one load screen, not even separated by server, with the random low-level alts at the top of the list (so the theory that it goes by login order is wrong), and it’s so overwhelming I can’t deal with it because I have around 60 characters - I can’t even work out which ones I need to delete.

Please for the love of everything, give us the option to switch back to the old view - or at least let us filter the new list by realm. I just need to be able to have my characters grouped by realm again and be able to see which characters are on which realm at a glance.

4 Likes

I just went and found a screenshot of my character select screen from before the patch.

Before the patch I could see the first 11 characters on the character list.

After the patch I can see 6.

Different people will have different UI-scaling, so numbers will vary, but that’s an almost 50% reduction.

What does it matter if I can mouseover and see how much gold my characters have if I can only see half the characters? It’s 1 step forward, 3 steps back.

5 Likes