Can’t cope with the Warband Character select

I have all my horde on one server and all my alliance on another.

There’s nearly 40 of them at lvl 70

They were all in the same order on each realms menu.

Now they’re all over the place, a total free for all

Need to trawl through the list to find characters amongst a list from all servers.

Is there no way to have a realm view as before? Rather than them all mixed in?

64 Likes

Nope.
Screw everyone that has more than a handful characters!

Looking at all the changes and bugs that went live today, I guess after one good and successful Expansion we’re back to “let’s see how much we can piss people off until they leave again”.

31 Likes

I agree, very annoying.

12 Likes

ah damn. this is very annoyin. and having all my chars starting with tesl will be a problem.
I know is a difficult task doin this kind of change ingame but is incredible noone thought about this.

3 Likes

I just wish we could at least make additional “folders” with custom made names, that could be opened/minimized like the warband tab which is now on top.

Then it would be up to us to decide if we want to split the list by servers, factions or whatever else.

This would also be interesting if different small groups/folders with a handful of toons could be eventually customized with different background/scenes!

Edit: if you like this idea support my thread!

16 Likes

Not a fan of this new login either. Its a damn mess.

Just give us the option of having it like it used to be.

16 Likes

Hey! There is search bar above your characters. Type there “horde” and there will be only horde characters.
I play on russian servers, but it works only in English :joy:
I found it myself, so maybe there is another word to filter them

7 Likes

You can’t filter by server with the search. And that’s a workaround at best.

5 Likes

would like to see the list of characters take up less space in general
in the old ui I could have a list of 12 characters visible

now its just the 4 characters in my warband and have to scroll down to get a list of at max 5 characters

I like the actual warband screen but man that character list takes up way too much screen space

7 Likes

I was excited for Warbands and the new character screen. In practice, it sucks bawlz when you have 60 toons horde and alliance and over 4-5 servers…

I like the idea of multiple, customisable tabs or being able to filter with a click (not typing) for horde, servers, classes, races.

And definitely smaller boxes. With the added info in the tooltip, i dont need to see where each character is, so thats an easy slice to take out

6 Likes

Fully agree and in the same boat - with over 40 characters. Also getting constant disconnections now as well.

3 Likes

I realy don’t like it how logging screen is made right now. I was making characters specifically under some realms. Now all of them are in one spot.

3 Likes

Yeah, its a bit annoying that the order list and separation of faction by realms is now nullified. Put quite a bit of thought in my character list order… but I’ll just have to do it again when I feel like it.

I’m happy with the changes but I’m also annoyed on how much work I have to do again with: add-ons, UI, talent specs and character order. But eh… I’ll get there. :stuck_out_tongue:

CBA atm as I feel I have a bit too much stuff I want to do in-game: Remix, Awakened raids (still haven’t done one) and that pre-patch stuff.

1 Like

This is driving me NUTS.

Is there a way to organize the characters that I’m not aware of? By groups/realms or something?

3 Likes

I hate to joke about mental health conditions but I got no other way of describing it.

I didn’t know I had OCD until I logged in 30 mins ago . Now I know.

4 Likes

You need to select the realm option at the top of the screen to set which realm you create characters on.

Too long a list and it’s not even sorted with characters from the same realm in blocks. I’ve been moving characters around to put them back in order but it’s slow going and I imagine it will screw up again when you switch your warband group.

The warband screen is nice but having the old appearance under the realm option would also be nice. It’s the old UI all over again. If you liked the old versions it’s just tough luck.

Whoever came up with this disaster needs sacking. I like alts and realms. This is now a nightmare and I haven’t even entered the game yet.
I don’t care where the character is so much, but being able to see what realm they are on would be nice. Now you have to hover over every character to find out the realm, this sucks.

8 Likes

all the changes to the character select screen are probably the WORST change they have ever made to WoW.

Who thought this was a good idea? They have literally killed 20 years of my character organisation in 1 update.

Revert this change immediately blizzard!

13 Likes

Utter nonsense - I’m seeing major issues with playability on over 60% of my characters now with constant DCs for any toons outside of Magtheridon. This is rubbish - switching realms doesn’t fix anything - Is having over 40 toons too much now for people that have played since Vanilla - and they want to add another race in next Expac - fix this first.

1 Like

I like the new warband campfire screen to look at, it’s very pretty. But it still needs to function as a character select screen, and as such, it just isn’t alt friendly at all. This seems ironic, given how much the alt-friendliness of TWW is being promoted. Then there’s Remix’s lightspeed levelling, where we’re virtually being begged to build an ‘army of alts’ to take into TWW.

IMHO we really need an option to sort our characters into different categories of our own choosing. Many people have suggested a player created folder system, which would be brilliant. It could be like the guild bank, where we could sort our characters into different tabbed categories of our choosing. If that’s too much to ask, maybe give us a dropdown menu under the search function with commonly used caterogies, eg sort by class, race, realm, faction, profession, etc etc.

If that’s beyond what Blizz is prepared to do, even an option to view all my characters on one screen would be better than having to spend half my play session scrolling through 70 toons to find the one I want to play!

After all the hype about the whole alt-friendly theme of TWW, I hope Blizz have plans to add more functionality to the sorting and selection of alts, because so far, this is a prime example of form over function.

3 Likes