Can anybody explain to me, why guardian spirit doesnt work against assa rogues?

Just resubbed, I know, my bad, shouldnt do that, but wtf is with this ability not working against assa rogues? Like literally not working at all. Not restoring a single HP, not ignoring the hit that killed me, that ability does literally nothing. Why?

Perhaps it’s hemotoxin making it heal little on the proc

Do you have a combat log or details thing ?

Im aware of the mortal strike effect, but my hp literally doesnt move. No hp recovery at all. I just die like the buff wasnt on me at all. Thats why Im asking. I dont have a combat log or anything. Swapped a partner and since its a lock, nobody goes for me. I might get combat log, if they go for me again. It rly looks like it does nothing. Exactly like you would get killed by “massive damage”, against which the ability is not supposed to work.

Guardian works very well against Assassination Rogues. The claim that it does not is as false as it is unsupported.

1 Like

As Spektral said. Assassinations damage, combined with Shiv PvP talent. It probably did proc, but you just don’t realise it because of how fast it disappears from all the bleed and poison ticks with their tier set bonus

1 Like

If this is true, how can it even be in the game at this point? I know blizz is just bunch of monkeys, but cmon, they cant be this level of stupid.

Yeah, and this is with a 50% nerf to their tier set. Just goes to show how absolutely obscene the tier set is lol

you just die 3x your hp bar within seconds thanks to sepsis cheese :man_shrugging:

So for people who don’t watch patch notes as much, it does. The guardian spirit works as so, when its consumed it doesn’t remove the wings or anything. So its down to observation now since the healing increase effect remains for full duration regardless. Hemotoxin + healing fatigue is probably a huge factor (If I had to assume) on why it looks like Guardian spirit does nothing, keep in mind priests cant cleanse sepsis so if the rogue does its generic crit burst with vendetta and sepsis, its no shock they’re going to die through it.

Beause I am very nice and seeing so many complaints about Sepsis when most people at higher ratings have the required knowledge and/or IQ to survive it makes me a bit sad, I will tell you how to survive it in a guaranteed manner when playing Holy Priest.

Trinket, Ray of Hope, Guardian, and instant heals into it. The healing bonus is so high that you will outheal the damage with relative ease, and an Assa Rogue cannot press his Vendetta Sepsis more often than once every 1.5 min when you do not dispel it (since Holy can’t). Assuming you play without a partner that can peel for you (so, no Feral, no SV, etc because those could trinket dispel the go you don’t have your own trinket) then the first Sepsis Vendetta you sit the stun, press Guardian, your Kyrian potion autoprocs on 35% and dispels every bleed and poison, as well as heals you a great deal thanks to Guardian. It doesn’t proc, you survive. Next Vendetta Sepsis can be as early as 1min later since it was dispelled, your Guardian is back, trinket, Guardian Ray, you survive. Then 1.5min later you die, but hey revive legendary. Then 1min later of you died during Sepsis, or 1.5m later if you died after it expired, trinket Guardian Ray again. And 1.5min later you can finally actually die. At this point the game has been at least 5 minutes, and that is with the Assa Rogue willing and able to literally press every button on the exact timers I described, so you being near him, your partner and you having 0 CC, and me assuming your partner does a grant total of 0 peels the entire game. In other words in a perfect, ideal situation it takes 5mins for an NF Assa Rogue to kill a Holy Priest. In 5mins vs a class that does nothing outside of its big burst, a class you can run at and destroy during 5min, you should have won the game already.

There is a reason why there are some Assa Rogues at low ratings and few to none at high ratings. Just learn how to answer it and you’re good to go.

I can already smell the “bla bla stop defending” answers, but in the end my post give solutions that work and are used by people with rating, so, eh.

3 Likes

Thank you. I rly appreciate it. As I aleady mentioned, I just got back to wow and while I expected literally nothing from the game, Im still shocked in what state I just found it. And since I play with some randoms, I dont rly get dispels or peels. I get it, if I dont have the trinket, Im just dead.

Without peels if the go is done properly, very likely yes. The Kyrian autoproc and your Legendary give you some outs, but once they are out of the way you’d better win before you have no trinket again.

Following what I said if you play careful with positioning and CC when you are vulnerable you can sometimes gain one free go because the Rogue only has a 30s window during which he has his burst and you have no trinket. If you sometimes manage to elude him for that long, then you seriously hurt their kill potential. That requires help from your team though.

Im NF though. Cant say I would like the kyrian ability for pvp and I dont think I have enough gold to buy a new lege for swap either, lol. Do ppl actually play kyrian? I think Ive met like 2 today.

You don’t need to. Unity follows your Covenant automatically.

Yeah. Most do in 2v2.

I mean the ressurect lege. I never used it, so I dont have it.

Ah ! A false Holy Priest then !

This is true! Im an unfortunate disc forced into playing this garbanzo spec.

I play Disc. You can be successful as Disc.

You cant tell me this! I already mentally prepared for the fact that disc sux balls and holy is the only way, as everybody told me, when I got back! And mainly I spent all the money on a nice shiny ring for holy.

when u play what u like you have a hidden 30% buff on everything