Can level locked people join leveling bgs?

for the past month in the level 50~60 random battle ground bracket there is this super twink shadow priest (with a 3 letter name but cant post the name cause of forum rules) on the alliance team and hes always faaar on top with dps and no deaths ( which i must compliment him for that ) but he is clearly a very good geared twink and i was just wondering with him so long in the same bracket i wondered were exp locked players not forced into their own exp locked bgs?

Yeah there’s a bug that I won’t talk about here that lets them keep queueing in XPON BGs.

Before anyone gets their pitchforks out, please don’t hate on all twinks for this. It’s a pretty contentious issue in the community, with many hating and wanting it to be fixed too.

1 Like

i wont just was curios if blizz lifted the restriction or not since he was standing out very noticeable specially since im leveling some alts and around those level i always keep encountering him

was also why i made that rage post a wile ago since it is ofcourse legal i do find it a bit poor sports if your using this method and overly gear with exp just to steam roll the other team

Yeah, this new information doesn’t really change my opinion of the results of that game though, I just have to say. I still find the difference in numbers between people who decide to enchant their heirlooms + focus on doing damage and know how to, and those just in the BG for the experience, to be large enough to give a game like that without needing someone to be in full BiS.

i agree with you on end level with that but ( i can be wrong) for me it looks like if you do it on mid level bgs were there is no real rewards besides exp and just a bit exp the feeling of bgs your just in it to just steam roll

and i admit bgs should not be a relax hub but people who overly go for best of the best gear wise for that level and using a exploit and get in a leveling bg
are only there for the steam rolls. i call that still poor sportsman

if your really in it for the game play isnt that what rated is for?

I’m not sure how this relates to my statement. What I said was that performances that are comparative outliers to the average person in that bracket don’t have to come from gearing to the extreme, and that similar results can be achieved through abusing class / spec balance, and playing well mechanically on top of that.

The question of why these people do what they do is another one entirely. My point is only that performances like this do not require you to be a twink, they just require class knowledge and some throwaway enchants on heirlooms.

I’ve levelled through BGs before for alts, heirloom for every slot, put a decent enchant on each one and off you go. Very often the scoreboards look ridiculously skewed towards damage and kills, and I’m incentivised to make that happen, because the more BGs I win, and the faster we win them, the faster I get to level my alt.

Having played rated BGs at a high level, and twink v twink BGs, no. The two are barely comparable in terms of meta, gameplay, character progression, or community. But in this case it’s not twink v twink BGs, as you’ve said. It’s steamrolling levellers, and exploiting into games, which I’m heavily against.

Yes, but actually no.
There’s an ancient glitch used in Cataclysm for the XP-on queueing which was supposed to removed in MoP and it was, but apparently over the course of several expansions the corresponding restrictions were broken.
Those who seek to farm people and not here for a competition in different meta are using it. Wonder when they actually fix it.

1 Like

Ye, I know who you were talking about. The point is that though in this case it is a completely decked out 59 twink, carrying a BG on your back / doing ridiculous damage compared to the rest of your team doesn’t require you to be.

Also name and shame, I don’t care, I doubt anyone does, but rules are rules.

if you knew who i talking about why do a stament like " My point is only that performances like this do not require you to be a twink, they just require class knowledge and some throwaway enchants on heirlooms." and then go with the rules is rules? just curios

as you know that what i was talking about was in fact a twink and not some hypothesis.

and you knew i never could posted a link of the char

actually shadow priest was already one of the strongest Bg specs for dmg done and after their recent buffs they are even more broken

this cause was about a actual twink but like ellipsis mentioned cant share to many details about the char just that he/she had items like blade of eternal darkness on level 59 with + 25 int and mechanized snow googles of the fireflash etc that char was totally decked out and in that same bracket for months wile it is a leveling bg
and realistic he/she should already been leveled up in that time and the amount of bgs won as people with exp off have their own bgs

so what? shadow is still good. And obviously using appropriate gear for your level and class is of course going to make it even better ! :slight_smile:

true and nothing against people preparing but if you abuse the system to have a locked char enter a leveld bg using a exploit i think your heading the wrong way as its not a exploit you can do accidentally just like the zuldazar/kultira exp potion exploit

lol, I just did a bg in the 50-59 bracket, and a lvl 52 shadow priest, only with enchanted heirlooms was top dmg by far . Twice or triple as much dmg as the rest, and even more dmg than a twink. And also top killing blows and 0 deaths.

So I think in this case it must be a lot more about spec/skill/preparation than simply the “twink label”

im glad you agree on that and my apologies if i come arose a bit defensive
its just that this was clearly a well prepared kill farmer who abusing the system who i encounter a bit to much as im kinda a altaholic so i know hes in there for months and since im just there to have fun leveling bg im not overly prepared so me and my team literally have 0% against him it felt kinda depressing + the fact that you mentioned about know your class felt just as a bit of a gid gt slap in the face that i felt was a bit misplaced having the circumstances specially sicne i play already from 2008 burning crusade and even tough im definitely no top rated pvp or raider player i think i could say i atleast know my basics

you can also argue that xplocked players should be put back into the xpon queue without having to exploit. After all preparation and knowing your class is what makes you win anyway, they got nothing that nobody else can get. And if they have 10 strength more it doesn’t make a player good, but skill> a few stats.

mostly the reason you find some twinks waay too overtuned, that is when they play already overtuned broken classes and specs and combine it with berserker bg buff for 30% more dmg and saltwater potion for another 30% more dmg so 60% more dmg than normal and a ton of other consumables like food buffs, flasks etc. but they do pay for it. Just like showing up for a raid with all consumeables and enchants you expect to out dps the guy who shows up half naked without a clue on the tacts obviously.

Because though in this specific case it was a twink, you do not need to be a twink to do what he did in the particular game you’re referencing. I’m not defending him, the exploit is BS, it needs to be fixed. But I’m also well aware of the difference between technically proficient players on a spec they know well, and is strong in that bracket, and your average leveller, before you even consider gear.

I never said that being better prepared than your opponents doesn’t equal an advantage. That is obvious and in any place in life that is how it works. Especially in war, and bgs are small mini wars in a way :stuck_out_tongue: it is WARcraft after all.
You play to win.

Exploit or not, why not let everyone play together? I don’t get it, it is random bgs anyway, you don’t lose rating from losing. At end lvl random bgs are unbalanced too. Just look up maydie rank14 warr how he crushes anyone he meets in his way and that was endlvl pvp.

actually you answered it you self there with " a lvl 52 shadow priest, only with enchanted heirlooms was top dmg by far" and in your previos post " actually shadow priest was already one of the strongest Bg specs"

now if you take the broken op bg lveling spec + twink gear + some1 whos very skilled in his class + abusing the system to lock in a curtain bracket to battle unprepared people who go in the leveling bgs as just that then yea

the first 3 things are oke and are just smart game play but specially nr4 is what triggers me

you sometimes win bg and sometimes loses thats the game i dont have problems with that ( lose allot of bg) its more the way the game gos and how people play and i consider this not kinda of fair play as it does feels a pro wrestler with a baseball bat enters a armature training hall were the unarmed unprepared trainees are still growing and beats them up for " fun "

( also tough that was what the hidden ranking system was for so you get matched against players equal of your skill level? unless the system thinks im some kinda of pvp god which im definitively not )