Can no longer /spit on players

This is exactly why there should be NO changes, with Blizzard it’s a trend to always take one step forward and two backwards, until you end up with something like retail.

Are you serious? People have been spitting on each other since 2004. You can kill each other, but spitting here is where we now draw the line?

Might as well remove PvP servers here too, just like you did on retail, I mean afterall, we should be babied and not risk hurting anyone’s feelings, right?

/target Blizzard
/spit

18 Likes

Wanna bet this was due to people making that spit WA to auto spit on deluxe mount players?

This is what happens when people taking stuff way to serious and overreact.

4 Likes

Waiiiiiit, when was this removed?! I’m more than sure I did spit on someone who ninjad my mob!

Wednessday it happend. You can still spit but only on the ground. No longer on people.

Da-yum… I mean it’s not like I’m spitting on anyone, heck I even help other faction players if they have too many mobs in them, but still.

I don’t think it’s more insulting than say F you :thinking:

/point /spit

2 Likes

You can always “/emote spits on payer name”.

1 Like

/e spits on you.

I do this on both Alliance and Horde near the AH.
That way, everyone gets spat on equally. Very nice!

1 Like

Berny used to /spit on deal alli lowbies all time.

But now, stupid blizz remove /spit.

Berny just /cheer at dead alli now.

1 Like

That kind of logic is lost on the weak-minded and the perpetually offended.

1 Like

I’ll miss it… it was so essential for the DK starting quest chain, when you arrived at the capitals… I miss the old days…

2 Likes

It 100% is the reason.
It’s been used to be “toxic” for many, many years without needing a change.
But discouraging people from spending extra money on store mounts for TBCClassic suddenly made a change required.
There’s no other explanation.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me one bit, remove one of the most iconic emotes in the game just to protect the feelings of the “deluxe” payers.

Edit: and to be clear, not because they care about their feelings but their cash.

2 Likes

I’ve been using /e spits on %t and /e spits on you depending on the situation. Its a shame that this change was made but Blizzard isn’t what it was back in the day so w/e

1 Like

True and also pointless as there so many other emotes to be used which will send the same message.
Btw I hate the mount because it makes in-game acquired mounts less special, not the people spending money on a game to support Blizzard.

Well, for now.
Once /slap becomes the new WA they’ll change that.
Then /fart.
then /rasp

Soon there’ll be 0 emotes left.

I think Alliance won’t see it as a spit, just your char “makes strange gestures”.
I’m sure it still works on fellow Hordies.

1 Like

You can use /cringe /rasp /fart on alliance. It is what it is.

I’m not in favor of the spit change/removal BUUUUUUT, if that’s your go-to emote for PvP then you’re just telling everyone that the person got under your skin.

I think it’s on par with people relogging to the opposite faction on the same server (when that was a thing) and hurl insults at them. If someone is frothingly mad at you in whisper, you’ve objectively “won” the WPvP encounter, regardless of who died.

1 Like

Зокник spits on the ground.