Can the alliance get revenge for once?

Just wondering…
We have forgiven Theramore. We have forgiven the night elf school in Stonetalon. We have forgiven the genocide of an entire race and the destruction of their lands in the War of Thorns.

When is it time for the alliance to strike back? How is it satisfying for either side when actions don’t have consequences? This is just dissatisfying writing.

We were told that there would be faction pride in BfA, where is it? Horde are mindless savages that are out for blood and need babysitting from the alliance every 2nd expansion, and the Alliance is the faction that gets bullied by the horde but never strikes back.

Also, imagine being a Night Elf fan in BfA. Seriously, how can they forgive the horde trying to wipe all of them out in a war that was unprovoked to begin with? Can’t wait for the next genocide in 2-3 years from now that will be forgiven, too.

Why can the alliance not be the bad guys for once? Or maybe not the bad guys, but the offenders maybe? We have been waiting since the war of thorns to get some kind of revenge for that event, instead we got nothing and have to side with the horde again because somehow, there’s a greater threat again.

7 Likes

Because that would prevent the horrible desaster of the faction war from finally ending.

3 Likes

And you will be the offenders next rejoice! …well the night elves will be at least.

Also just a reminder, the Scarlet Crusade was right.

Well, hopefully. They deserve to get some justice for almost being wiped out.

If I’m honest I doubt it though.

Boggles the mind that blue posters are clamoring for this when they need only open their eyes and look to the red team to see exactly what such “retribution” would bring them.

1 Like

I am glad you asked. No.

Cool glasses?

1 Like

Dainara has a point. In WoW, most of the factions who are seen clamoring for retribution are portrayed in a negative light and eventually play a villainous role.

1 Like

Still not over it. Vengeance for Theramore! Dismantle the Horde.

The Horde doesn’t need the Alliance to dismantle them. We’re perfectly capable of doing that by ourselves.

7 Likes

but we want to help … :wink:

1 Like

You can watch. That’ll have to do.

3 Likes

Can we exacerbate existing conflicts through deniable spy action?

Sorry, but if the Horde needs to be written as stupid and self destructive morons for the sake of storytelling, then so does the Alliance.

And self destructiveness induced by crippling, incongruous and twisted “moralism”, tends to cause the one suffering from it to turn off the basic instincts related to their own interests and preservation.

Short answer: Nope. You are never getting the “payback” you want. And if you do, you’ll be villainised for it. Like the Horde was.
Settle with the nothingness, trust me.
You don’t want that sort of attention.

1 Like

We got the payback we wanted? When was that? And what payback?

4 Likes

I mean… the horde always gets away with their atrocities, so if that’s how things in azeroth work then I wouldn’t mind being a villain.

I’d love to side with tyrande, not to be a villain, but to get justice for those thousands of innocents that were murdered for nothing.

Make the horde think twice about commiting a heinous crime next time

Like, we got to impale kids, drown puppies, spit on Jainas soup, and beat the Guinness record for the Biggs BBQ. “Payback”.

Yeah, can’t wait until Tyrande gets away with it after dying. You know, like Garrosh did. And Nazgrim. And the Korkron. And the chained loyalists in Orgrimmar.

7 Likes

I suppose I should be feeling a sense of accomplishment right now.

What exactly does the Horde want payback for? They lose plenty of times, it’s practically their thing, but the only time they’ve actually lost something was Undercity, and Sylvanas did that. It wasn’t the Alliance that planted blight bombs everywhere.

Outside of that, the Horde has kept nearly everything it ever took. What could they possibly want revenge on the Alliance for? Taurajo? That tiny little outpost in the Barrens? It’s seriously the only situation I can think of where the Alliance actually took anything that had previously been in Horde hands. They don’t even take back their own things. Just kind of shrug and forgive it.

6 Likes

So all our characters and the orc homeworld twice doesen’t count? Brill? Say what you want about the alliance but their internal power structure stays intact as long as stormwind stands, and no leader is killed.

the orcs destroyed their own homeworld twice that’s not a victory for the alliance

8 Likes