Can we finally nerf the meta classes?

I am seriously asking if we finally can nerf the top specs, so other specs can also get the chance to shine and get some invites in m+?

Nope, buffing the struggling classes wont do anything because some classes have are so broken that some specs will never get close to them.

Its also quite boring… I mean, do Fmages really need to be completely broken in every kind of content for two expansions before you fix them?

Do we really have to see the same comps all over again in every kind of playing?

I dont get it why certain classes dont get any nerfs even when they are atleast 10% ahead of the rest… when the middle specs dont get anything and the worst ones get 3-5% flatbuffs that dont do anything.

17 Likes

someone has to be top, middle and bottom…

9 Likes

Right… that’s not OP’s point. OP’s point is that it’s usually the same people on top and the same people on bottom. Blizzard needs to deliberately mix it up.

I can’t remember the last time Demo Lock or Surv Hunter were even considered B tier meta picks.

6 Likes

It’s very simple: They do not care about M+ balance, never did. So don’t expect anything based on that.

Heck, they can barely be bothered to look at the raid-balance. The PvP one we do not even talk about.

11 Likes

What I don’t understand constantly is why do people act like players are god-bound to a class/spec and they HAVE to play the off-meta spec and qq blizz please nerf meta / buff off-meta

If you want to perform, play something that performs. If you deliberately choose to play something that is underpeforming, you’re doing that to yourself.

If you insist on doing that to yourself, than you gotta take all the baggage that comes with it - including getting denied for groups.

8 Likes

Essentially your argument is:
Why do players play for fun and want to play their favorite spec?
Either be off-meta or be good, you’re not allowed be be good and have fun in a video game.

Do you not see how ridiculous that is?

24 Likes

Perhaps they consider that spec fun to play? God forbid we play something for fun instead of for its performance.

19 Likes

If you have fun while playing an off-meta spec that is ok, but don’t expect blizzard to buff your spec just because you chose to play that spec.

2 Likes

But I do expect Blizzard to balance the game.
What exactly are you defending? why is the game better if Blizzard doesn’t balance the game better?

8 Likes

I am defending the notion that there always will be a meta, and that there always will be players who will whine because their classes don’t belong to the meta. And ALL players are allowed to play what they want

3 Likes

That notion isn’t the belief of either me or OP.
Nobody is saying there isn’t supposed to be a meta.

But it would be nice if Fire Mage wasn’t top tier meta for the past 4+ years now.

2 Likes

Also:

They don’t want to talk about the most important thing what a joke of a company

That was your response to Blizzcon Q&A not talking about class design. Yet here you are trying to shut me (and others) down on wanting to talk about the state of our under-performing specs. Explain the rationale here?

1 Like

Guess people like that their class/spec is op in every type of content in every expansion. This mindset is stupid.

I am not against Meta, like Altash allready said, I am against having the same meta specs for multiple years and patches.

Firemage is broken for years, their numbers are insane while also have strong utility.

Its disgusting that they have E-Sports like M+/Arena and dont balance for them, not to mention that you only see the same boring specs.

MDI was a joke.

2 Likes

Dude you made my day! That logic can only came from a dude playing a mage! #priceless :smiley:

9 Likes

Hey kid leave mages alone :fist_right:

as soon as fire gets nerfed…

It is completly broken in every kind of content

1 Like

okay. so multiple years…other than mage who do you mean? Boomie was average in BFA, MM was “fine” nothing special. VDH was considered midpack at best. holy palas were W.E it was all about the rdrood.

the only thing the same in this meta to BFA is firemage and Fmage was only really used in 8.2/3 so?

My issue with class design is not in the fact some classes are meta. Is the only problem with this thread that fire mage is one of the meta classes?

yea i kinda think this thead is just a shot at mages…