Can we please have our characters' identity/agency back?

There’s only male and female. It shouldn’t be the case that this is somehow a controversial statement.

But adding pronouns is perfectly fine to add into the game so we can be referred to our chosen gender in-game again.

3 Likes

Pronoun choice would be perfect IMO. And that can be reflected in the quest text/conversations again.

1 Like

I’m inspired to go into Tumblr again to see what I am.

This got a lot of likes and I’m glad about that.

3 Likes

not this again plz

1 Like

It doesn’t hurt anybody though… :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ll start choosing my adjectives since language seems to have become irrelevant when describing reality.

2 Likes

Personally I am already at that point.

Edit: For more clarity, that only means that people with specific identities fall in my eyes into their own categories instead of the “classic” male/female image. And that doesn’t mean I treat them unequal. I just differentiate them in a different way than they might expect.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, hadn’t even noticed the change, and personally don’t think it’s a big deal. But also don’t see why it can’t be an option.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but…

I’m pretty sure people in the US only want “they/them” pronouns because they don’t know the difference between your/you’re.

Anyhoo, more options = better, else keep what we had because numerically speaking, in total we now have one gender less and again, numerically speaking, less is not more.

1 Like

I don’t think you’re right, but especially considering my opinion about (a lot of) people from the US (which I won’t disclose here), I was laughing hard after reading that one. :joy:

Now imagine if the English language was highly inflected like some of the other languages that evolved from the Indo-European tree.

Please do not enforce German, Czech or French grammar rules on people.
Nobody deserves that kind of torture.

As if English wouldn’t have it’s own kinds of weirdness in grammar, spelling and pronunciation, being equally torturous. ^^

How about Swedish? (I’m not Swedish, but I think it is the most difficult and highly inflected language that uses the Latin script).

Anyone wonders why chineese version of WoW, does not have this? :crazy_face:

Really tired of that american “woke” agenda being pushed all over the west world into a FANTASY GAME.

EU should have a separate version of WoW without american agenda.

6 Likes

Absolutely.

I would like to be called lass, or human, or mage instead of champion. I hate hero/champion so much.

4 Likes

The male Dwarves seem to have the right idea…I just wish it expanded to my female toons as well.

3 Likes