Can we trust Shadowlands promises?

Sadly I have to say “no” but I really want to believe they will make it good this time :confused:

… No ?

That’s a class order hall with a set of talent trees you unlock with a currency, couldn’t be farther from the truth

At some point you should be able to know if what’s offered is enough for you or not. I won’t pre order shadowlands but I know I’ll play it because i’m pretty sure torghast will be the best thing ever added to the game.

Now just ask yourself if what’s announced is worth buying the expansion for you and if what’s announced is tangible enough to be believed.

Spoiler alert : the class design isn’t, but the m+ chest seems pretty satisfying.

Now as for whether “Blizz can be trusted”, for wow ? Fk yeah, they showed so little at Blizzcon that anything that made it to the screen is believable enough. What you should worry about is what wasn’t shown or talked about at Blizzcon.

Like PvP, gearing, class design (beside adding flavour stuff that do not change anything to the gameplay), pathfinder and allied races acquisition, the future or warmode or sharding stability issues.

What was announced sounded nice and is enough for me to try it out, now just wait for beta and make up your own mind.

Essences are basically like talents, and whether you need reputation or currency to upgrade those essences/talents doesn’t matter: it’s still a grind. Unless they add back tabards that allow you do progress through running dungeons, I’m going to call this feature out as a boring grind.

Blizzard said that you won’t be able to just switch between covenants instantly without repercussions. We’ll have to invest time in them (grind) and we’ll probably lose that investment if we switch covenants. We are still lacking a lot of details, but in the worst case, this system will be even more annoying than essences, because every time we want to switch to something else, we’ll have to re-grind stuff. :face_vomiting:

Sure as hell you can’t trust.

Yet, knowing this, I have preordered SL. Thats because I can be sure of one thing and that is that I’m going to still play wow at least at the begining of SL. Question remains will I continue to do so. That is entirely another matter.

Trust no one you do not have any leverage to or is not within punching distance.
Unless they have an incredibly good reputation as virtuous and transparent people.
CDPR who are actually trustworthy also do not incentivize pre ordering with any exclusive stuff.

1 Like

Bfa is literally the worst expansion i’ve ever played. Terribly time-gated, bad class design, the story is all over the place… Literally the best i can call it is garbage.

Yet i have preordered SL, but trust me…this is the last time i will put my faith in actiblizzard…if they fail with shadowlands then i’m done with WoW for good.

2 Likes

I seriously dont want to give another penny to Blizzard after what they did with Wc3 reforged.

Two months left on sub.

Glad i didnt buy that rat.

Between 2007 and 2013, Activision and Blizzard were under Vivendi, since it was the number 1 share holder (50%). They asked blizzard to implement their ideas un wotlk, cata and MoP. I do like Cata and MoP, but the vast part of the community hate these expansion. Also, vivendi is being held by mister Bolloré, a very greedy billionaire. I’m not defending Kotick, I’m just saying that if Blizzard started it’s “downfall”, it was actually during Wotlk’s development. Since many people love wotlk, they won’t spit on Vivendi…Even if it is a shareholder that behaves the same way Kotick is.

/spit. Either wotlk, cata or MoP, but not that garbage game.

Update, fixed. I got my refund yesterday.

I’m sure if anyone can make a mess of it, it’s Blizzard. I mean, they somehow managed to mess up Warcraft 3 Reforged and all they had to do was improve on the original game.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.