Can you replace shadowmeld?

With something that actually works? It seems like half the time I’m trying to use it, it never drops me from combat.

1 Like

I haven’t had issues with it at all yet tbh

1 Like

Sounds like a l2p issue.

6 Likes

Are you in nazjatar with bodyguard? Doesn’t work. Works for me everywhere else tho… except guards.

The issue with SM is the same as with invisibility potion.
If your group does not coordinate it is useless most of the time :wink:

1 Like

Don’t use it as you are receiving hits.
Sometimes you get hit just as you use it. Instantly revealing you again. You’re a Druid.
Run away in travel/cat form.
Use shadowmeld when you aren’t in direct contact.
Use cat stealth.
Get to a safe area and active travel form.

It works when you have the bodyguard out in Nazjatar if you are fast enough.
I do it with my Druid all the time.
Especially straight up travel form from Shadowmeld.

5 Likes

That might be one of the only issues i have barely had with those guards tbh

You’re a Blood Elf, silly.

1 Like

And youre a tentacle elf

And yet I have an ability that sort of resembles Shadowmeld :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do not replace the best racial trait.
It saved my life more then once.

Check if you got dots on you op.
That brings you out of shadowmelt.

3 Likes

Shadowmeld is amazing, I miss it from when I was a Nelf.
When you’re trying to drop aggro you have to stand still to wait for the aggro to drop off. It isn’t instant

Shadowmeld works fine for me, also with Nazjatar bodyguard. There is things that can mess it, like having bleed or poison on you or having your bodyguard JUST performing some aoe when you press the button or someone else fighting right next to you and you ending up in unfortunate cleave by from random mob. Just have to time it right and avoid those things and it’s gold!

Think it as: it does take you out of combat but it does not prevent you returning to combat if anything procs that can cause it.

3 Likes

Depends on the situation. Where is it not working for you?

Why I hate having guardian NPCs

Don’t use it when you’re in melee as half the time you’ll be knocked right out of it again, and make sure you don’t have any dots on you.

When I play my nelves it works 99% of the time as long as I keep these two things in mind.

Wont work if you have DoTs or have a Bodyguard/pet.

Yeah, no. I was attacked by a dh and rogue, used roar to incapacitate them, shadowmelded and was going to go into flight form but I was kept in combat.

It regularly fails in instances as well when I’m going to pull mobs so we can skip them, run far away from the mobs even and then shadowmeld and they just come running up to me and kill me.

But is it supposed to remove you from combat though?

I know it does when you’re solo questing because the mobs reset, but is it even supposed to immediately remove you from combat in PvP?

Nope.
Pvp you remain in combat.
Shadowmelt remove all threat.
Players dont have threat.
It usealll take’s a few seconds before i am out of combat in pvp. Because of the pvp rules dropping you out of combat if you arent attacking or attacked. Shadowmelt doesnt work on players. Even if they dont see you they known you cant move and just cast a spell at your last know location.
In pvp it is beter to make the lose line of sight first before shadowmelting to ensure they think you escaped.

2 Likes

Yes.

Objectively false.