Cannot get rid of pirates day costume

Hello,

Last night I decided to go and try out pirates day and I did the quests and spoke to DeMeza for a pirate costume. However, I now no longer want to wear the costume but there is no buff for me to click and I can’t mog out of it. Using the costume item and then removing that buff seems to remove some pieces of the costume but it reappears the moment you log out and in again or transmog.

Is it intentional that you’re stuck looking like a pirate for the day?

6 Likes

Hey Trautfizzle,

The buff should last for 12 hours and cannot be removed by normal means, it should be removed after those 12 hours though. If you want to try and remove it now, you could do an Arena match and see if that helps out. That’s not a guaranteed fix though, but something you can try.

Note that either way, the costume will automatically be removed shortly. :slight_smile:

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

2 Likes

I have the same issue, made a new account yesterday (long time player trying to start afresh) and saw it was Pirates Day so made my way to Booty Bay - Got my costume ‘buff’ and carried on leveling.

Logged on this morning and saw I still had the costume, there is no icon to click to remove it, I tried killing myself but I still had it on respawn. I’ve tried visiting the Barber and changing my look but still no joy. I waited for Pirates Day to end just in case the end of the event would remove it but nothing.

My character select screen and dressing room screen both show my true inventory/look but in the game world I am still wearing the costume.

3 Likes

It’s been about… 20 hours or so for me and it’s still there.

8 Likes

Same for me, cant quite remember how long but it should be atleast been 14 hours or so for me pirate life for me i gues ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Same here aswell. This is more like a curse than a buff.

6 Likes

Same here to

2 Likes

It hasent been removed as i write this. No buff to remove with /cancelaura. What else do you suggest Nenyasqi?

3 Likes

Same problem here

3 Likes

Yup, i’m having the same problem aswell, i’m using [Savory Deviate Delight] just so i don’t have to see the look anymore >_> but it is even still there when that buff wears off…

3 Likes

Does the buff remain if your character dies? May be worth a try, otherwise I think Nenysaqi’s idea of entering a BG or Arena should clear it.

2 Likes

Same here! It’s so annoying I even tried to put on emergency pirate outfit and then put it off but after relog the costume is back again, or even when you enter dungeon…

2 Likes

dieing,areans and bg’s do not work either i’ve tried them myself

3 Likes

Just checked the US forums and it is happening there too. Looks like you may have to plunder on as best you can…
(Sorry, I could not think of a better pun)

2 Likes

Doing a rated arena works. I went into one and the costume was removed, persisted after the match had finished so it is a good fix for this year!

Thanks for testing and confirming that Trautfizzle! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, but what about us lowbies, we cannot do rated arenas yet.

2 Likes

You can do a Skirmish as well, it does not have to be rated.

As I mentioned earlier on though, the costume will automatically go away as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No Nenyasqi it will not - as mine is still on my char after Pirates’ Day ended.

1 Like

Also still a pirate here, I take a lot of screenshots, so I can confirm pretty accurately that I’ve been pirated for 25 hours now. Only thing that temporarily removes it, is applying another costume and then right click remove it. However as soon as I zone, I’m pirate again :confused: Not fun anymore.

4 Likes