Cannot log into any realm WOW51900328

For Linux user, the TTL change method described here https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/linux-users-unable-to-log-in-wow51900328-329-error-after-logging-in/292402/160 perfectly works

I can confirm that

sudo sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl=80

worked for me.

Blizzard’s anti-DDOS hotfix is really not that strong…

2 Likes

The ttl fix works on windows 10 for me:
press the windows button and type ‘regedit’.
On the left side navigate to
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
Select that Parameters folder and on the right side there should be a key named DefaultTTL. For me it had value 40. Edit it and give it value 128 and select Base “Decimal” then press OK.
After restarting the system it worked and I could log in to my char.

2 Likes

THIS works (and feels more sane then the fix I saw with just echoing something into a config file). Many thanks!

This works, thank you

Steps to fix this for WIndows 10:

1. Run CMD as administrator.
  2. Run this command " netsh int ipv4 set glob defaultcurhoplimit=128 "
  3. Enjoy the game! Thanks to @Arekosandoru for sending me in the right direction to solve this.
4 Likes

That is because the other method is for Linux.
Wine does not honor the DefaultTTL registry parameter.

Same error message for me, I live in UK, Use the O2 network, (tether of a Android Sony phone), worked perfectly before the weekend. now wont let me get onto the char selection page.

Ye, Android tethering seems to modify the TTL. You’d have to change that on the phone, which must be rooted and you’ll need to know what you’re doing there.

Following instructions haven’t helped me to fix the issue!

I raised a ticket and have been assured this issue is generalized and is being worked on asap, as soon as there is an update they will post in all the usual places… hold tight ppl it sounds like Blizz are fully aware and doing what they can.

Could you ping 127.0.0.1 form your command prompt. let me know the number that appears at the end of each line. It should be 128 if you followed the instructions correctly.

i get 128, but still cannot connect to any realm

You may need to restart your PC.
If that does not work, go on the login screen for WoW open your settings. Select “Network” and enable “Enable IPv6 when available”. Try and login after that.

I’d say you are either using some mobile connection or your router/ISP modifies the TTL values (which is uncommon, but some ISPs do that).

Any updates or ETA for a fix?

You guys locked us out of the game - a game for which we PAY. This is not charity nor you need any considering the mountains of money you are sitting on. Get your **** together, ADMIT that there is something wrong and fix it ASAP like growns-up do.

Also, cut the crap about Linux and 4G because I’m on Win 10 and cable and still can’t get past “logging into game server”.

3 Likes

Have you tried the below? Seems to be working for those on Windows 10. There are several different issues all happening at the same time.

2 Likes

this worked for me

Same problem. Start at last night, and the problem looks like solved before 2 hours. But now still alive again, and cant log in. (Ragnaros EU)

it’s basically going to keep happening, for as long as the DDoS attackers are up and from the looks of it, it’s been going on for 2 days now since the 7th of September, according to Blizzard’s own Twitter.