Cannot log into any realm WOW51900328

Same issue. WOW51900328 on login. Also running on linux.

1 Like

Also affected. Running a windows 10 virtual machine over linux. The problem appears to be some sort of packet fingerprinting filter (probably due to the recent DDoS) because passing through a USB WiFi dongle to the windows VM (instead of using the default virtual network interface) appears to work around the problem for me.

So if they could just undo whatever they did about 11 hours ago that would be pretty cool.

edit: it appars to lag sporadically for several seconds or drop me entirely every now and then, though. maybe that wasnā€™t a complete workaround after all.

1 Like

Also affected. Running game on Manjaro Linux through wine (Lutris). I guess they have ā€œfixedā€ something related to DDoS and this affected Linux users badly.

I cannot log in to my wifeā€™s account. On her win10 PC both accounts work.

4 Likes

I am running Linux too, I did get in after like 3 hours waiting and retrying yesterday. Did nothing special to get in.

Then I got kicked out again when using ā€˜Astral Recallā€™. And I am still stuck on the outside.

Hello,
I havenā€™t been able to log in to Classic WoW. I got disconnected and now Iā€™m stuck in ā€œlogging in to the serverā€. After this I get disconnected with a text WOW51900328. So I would like to know when Iā€™m able to get back in? I just got a new game subscription yesterday and its been +12 hours like this. I tried to reboot my computer and my internet and it didnā€™t work. My server: Zandalari Tribe My character: Thranok

Canā€™t login to realms using GNU/Linux either.

Edit: Ticking ā€œSystem -> Network -> Enable IPv6 when availableā€ worked for me. You can do so on the login screen, as thereā€™s a button to go to the game settings.

Same problem, running on Linux (via Lutris). Donā€™t have access to a Windows machine, neither physical or VM, so canā€™t check if things work from there. Mighty frustrating.

Update: I remembered I have a Mac Mini around, tried logging in from there, and I was in on first try. Waiting for scan & repair to finish on Linux, and Iā€™ll try logging in from there again.

Same here, stuck at ā€œLogging in to game serverā€.
Kinda of frustrating but oh well. itā€™s not the first time linux users were hit by these kind of thingsā€¦

/u/Data0x0 over on reddit made a quick ghetto fix video for people with IPv6, which at least worked for me (Vodafone Cable Germany / Kabel Deutschland).
Though letĀ“s hope they still fix whatever they / whoever screwed up for people without IPv6 can play it on Linux again.

Although I am using windows, I canā€™t login either. WOW51900328 is the error :(. Pls fix it.

Same thing here, WOW51900328 after trying to log in, Ubuntu 18.04 via lutris

Windows 10. WOW51900328. Tried vpn, ipv6, dns flush, etc

Same here, everyone else in my guild is online though.
Windows user.

I am one of those cases where trying to connect on linux wonā€™t work but dual booted to windows and it works fine. So I guess it is blizz blocking packets from linux or that look like is coming from linux, which blacklisted a whole lot of users who have been playing using this OS. I gotta say, this is a crappy solution to a DDOS attackā€¦ Just blocking all packets from everyone using linux OS!!! There are a lot of real people who play the game from linux, we are not all evilā€¦

This issue is happening cos theirs ddos protection system banned ipv4 addresses or specific packets, many of which is related to real wow players, so someone can log in, someone canā€™t, i assume ā€¦

Actually i think this is ip addresses, cos traceroute not working for me too

Manjaro Linux, playing via Lutris. Same problem: ā€œLogging in to game serverā€ hangs for 2mins and then it shows that Iā€™m disconnected (WOW51900328)

Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s the case. People have reported changing MAC-adress and changing IP (through VPN) has yielded no results.

If Blizzard were running a blacklist on their end you would expect using VPN and or changing MAC would allow you to get in again.

EDIT: didnā€™t see you mentioning ā€œspecific packetsā€ yes this would still be possible, as linux users most likely rely on gnutls for TLS-encryption. Which would be different in Windows. However Windows users have problems too, so it is unclear what they are actually blocking.

Ok i managed to get it working via ipv6 tunnel. (tunnelbroker)

For ubuntu 18, use this script (with your tunnelbroker data)
$ nmcli connection add
type ip-tunnel ifname he-sit
mode sit remote 216.66.86.114 ā€“
ipv4.method disabled ipv6.method manual
ipv6.address 2001:470:6c:dd3::2/64
ipv6.gateway 2001:470:6c:dd3::1

1 Like

Maybe this is the case, iā€™ve tried vpn yesterday, another IP also from my ISP, and got no results. But how can they filter linux traffic? traceroute does not send any specific linux packets, but still donā€™t work for me on blizz servers

Canā€™t connect either (WOW51900328), Archlinux/Lutris
I tried the router reset method, didnā€™t work. I assume itā€™s supposed to work by assigning me a new IP, which my provider doesnā€™t do.
Playing Path of Exile instead