Cannot log into any realm WOW51900328

Anyway, i think this case is much simpler, they just banned a lot of ip addresses and subnetworks, i don’t think they have more complicated ddos-protection then that.

This is definitely not the case, because I can log in from Mac, while not from Linux. Same IP both of them.

They didn’t block ip addresses, I can play from windows with the same ip address as when I try to play from linux which doesnt work.

I looked at US forums and pretty much everyone who is complaining there who can’t play are trying to play from linux with a few windows users also affected. It might be that those windows users are behind a linux router or whatever that identify them as linux users and they get blocked that way…

1 Like

Ok, seems very logic, but how then they filter linux packets? Because traceroute program for example send simple requests, which are the same on windows too e.g. udp probe packets to check icmp ttl on hosts, and i am still not getting any trace to their servers, just hardware block

They obviously figured out a way…

My ISP supports IPv6, checking “Enable IPv6 when available” in the Network settings fixed it for me!

Deep packet inspection. When playing via wine, GnuTLS utils are being used - and TLS handshake is unique in this case. (this is from reddit thread)

Problem seems to be back again. Last night problem was gone eventually and I could play normal. Now it doesn’t work anymore. Can’t log in to any servers sigh…
I am windows user, using 4G mobile internet router…

Thanks a lot for this, it fixed it for me too. Just registered on tunnelbroker, set it up as explained on the Arch wiki (google it), set WoW to use ipv6 in the options and it works!

Thank you! This seems to have solved it for me as well…!!!

Same issue. Using a IPv6 tunnel with tunnelbroker did not resolve the problem. :frowning:

I use Windows 10 but have the same problem.

4 Likes

Seems we’re sitting up a problem here. Yes, I’m using Linux/wine to play, or used :D.

The people on Windows seem to be using some kind of mobile hotspot/connection if they can not connect to the game. Not sure how that would interfere with TLS, but well.

I’ve no IPv6 to home, my provider does not yet support this, so I guess I’m up for a break until Blizzard / the network providers solve this issues. Good part is that a portion of Windows users are affected by their connections / mobile hotspots, so they can’t completely ignore it.

Though, Linux/Wine are not supported, so we’re in for the long run obviously. I do not own a Windows license and am not planning on buying one / dual booting to one for this.

2 Likes

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined

6 Likes

Are you sure it is working correctly? Google ipv6test to see if you have an ipv6 address assigned. Also make sure you enabled ipv6 in the WoW options.

Ooookeeey Blizzard!

Despite this issue was fixed for me yeasterday, but today it is back again!

!!!
Any ideas, Blizzard???!!!

Used ipv6 tunnel, and enabled ipv6 - worked for me. But latency is far away from nice, cos of additional layer of transport… Blizzard u should fix your ddos protection system…

Win 10 user here same problem, my ISP does not support ipv6 yet and I am too much of a dummy to figure out the tunnelling thing, so here I am sitting here waiting for Blizz to do something… appreciate you guys trying to help while it really should be blizzard doing the sorting out here

Linux user here, chiming in. I was starting to pull my hair after troubleshooting. I even reinstalled the game.
Finally I rebooted into my windows installation and here it worked without any issues.
Although, reading this thread it seems to be some overlap to windows as well.

Even better, but CRAAAAAZY idea… seeing the backlash on every single forum (EU, EUFR, US, etc), maybe it’s time to release an official Linux client…

3 Likes