Can't believe classic is over already

And just like Vanilla, people won’t farm Naxx as it makes no sense to from a gold point of view. Unless they announce TBC will come with a gold cap/reset, then maybe people will be more inclined to press on a bit longer in Naxx…

With a few exceptions (mainly due to OP set bonuses) Naxx gear is already replaced by TBC pre-raid gear.

On the server I was on, you’d be looking at 1k+ worth of consumables per raid week, I could count the number of people in my guild that could sustain that for any decent period of time on 1 hand.

If you think most people will farm naxx every week, instead of saving gold for TBC…
Most guilds will likely collapse after the first few kills, especially if the consume list is expensive.
I’d rather not farm for hours on end just for a single raid each week and a lot of others are likely of the same mentality as myself.

Sure, but no one forces you to spend so much on consumables. The consumables in Classic are the World Buffs unless you are in a min-max, tryhard guild.

I’m sure you’ll be able to do Naxx without consumes(protection potions etc) for the first few weeks.
That alone will burn people out.

It’s the triehards that might actually get away with less consumables as they’ll power through mechanics, do more damage, meaning the healers don’t have to worry about conserving their mana so much. Joe normal, like you and me, will not have that luxury, so we have to pop multiple protection potions (on cd on several fights) to keep people alive. World buffs don’t help much on progress if you die on new bosses.

A typical guild will be in Naxx 2 raids a week, also while farming (it’s 16 bosses), 2 flasks per night (mandatory in nearly every guild for Naxx), that’s already 700 gold. I’ll be conservative and say 200 gold for prot pots and another 200 for standard consumables… You get the idea…

That’s all at current prices, which are already going up.

The try hards do more DPS because of consumables and world buffs so it will cost them alot regardless of using protection potions or not plus you can’t simply stack warriors to clear it all as some fights do need ranged DPS unless there is some cheese strat I am unaware of.

I do think most the consumables will be unnecessary once players get used to tactics as alot of the damage is avoidable and gear from naxx will increase the performance of the raid making it easier as time progresses

What I mean is, fights will be shorter for the triehards, so they’ll have to repop less over the course of fights, hence saving gold.

It probably will get cheaper with gear, but even with gear relative costs will remain quite high most likely. Back in Vanilla many guilds actively made the choice not to raid Naxx due to these costs as TBC had already been announced. I think the same will happen now after an initial period. I know a lot of people in the guild I was in were planning to stop raiding Naxx as soon as the official TBC announcement comes (Blizzcon?) or as soon as Naxx was cleared, whatever comes first. Very few had intentions to farm Naxx till TBC is with us.

1 Like

kinda of a crappy move to stop as soon as you killed KT, dont think you wil have to count on main raid spot in TBC after doing that.

Guilds will disband and reform for TBC, you’re going from a 40-man roster to 25 man, so change is inevitable. Will also be a lot of rerolling going on as the (horrible word) meta changes immensely.

We’re also likely to see a large shift from Alliance to Horde with TBC.

Its sad but its truth. Many low pop servers struggle with numbers and blizzard puts many players in position to play transfer fee in order to kill KT, which is the main goal for many players in classic. :frowning:

Really don’t get what you expect.
TBC isn’t announced, people want to play shadowlands / save their gold “For TBC”

Throw in the fact, what exactly would the “gear” be for?
Don’t get me wrong, I’ll hate the fact that my guild is practically gonna disband, I’ve been with most of them for over a year(Friendships grow and such)

But at the end of the day, it comes down to whether people want to farm a raid just for the sake of farming it…?

People have whatever reasons to stop playing classic (check other threads here), and clearing last raid is logical point to do so.

Hu… Play until we’ve Naxx on farm ? It’s not because some world first happened that suddenly I have finished playing ?
Also I don’t understand the idea of “preparing” for BC. Isn’t the point to enjoy BC and not just rush it as fast as possible ?

You guys are weird. You lament about things ending too early but you seem intent to burn through them at max speed and then consider them a thing of the past when you haven’t even finished them.

7 Likes

Yeah TBC isn’t announced but the survey + some insider info shows you can practically bet all you have on them announcing it at the virtual Blizzcon event. There’s such a demand for it they would be stupid to just ignore that call, especially since TBC private servers are still a thing.

As for the gear, well a lot of Naxx gear is on par with pre-raid bis items in TBC. Stay powerful during your journey from 60 to 70 (fast lvling) and no need to grind normals at max level for gear (do the dungeon rep grind during lvling to save time effort and gold) and skip to HC’s and Kara. So yeah the value of Naxx gear is huge.

Actually, for most specs, Naxx gear gets replaced by level 68 rares. As said before, a few specs might keep a few pieces for the OP set bonus (resto druid T3 2-set for instance), but it isn’t the norm or really a requirement. The healing trinket from Visc also comes to mind as Blizz overlooked scaling it till sometime in Wrath, meaning it’s also on the BIS list for all healers during TBC.

Still playing, still levelling finally enjoying the not any longer overrun zones.
I LOVE Classic and want to stay here forever!

Mm, that comes down to whether people are wanting to just farm naxx non stop.

Especially with retail having a good expansion so far (Better start than legion(no artifact power)+BFA so far at least)

After seeing so many people leave guilds or just disappear i don’t have faith that there will be enough people left in the game to fully farm naxx.

Thousands upon thousands of players log in one or two days a week. To farm consumables for content which does not need consumables. To clear raids in hours which developers planned to take days/weeks/months to clear.

I know so many players who started Classic because they wanted to obtain those cool epics they never got as a kid.

When a guild kills Kel’Thuzad for the first time, they will see a LOT of players drop out. They achieved their target there and then, adios to the lot of you.

To say that Classic is dead would be inaccurate.

However it does feel soulless and unnatural.

It had a good run, for the first few months, and in the beta. For a short time it did feel like 2005 again.

must admit ive gone over to shadowlands and am having a blast. yeh classic was great but i got to where i wanted to get to i believe yeh there is more gear that I could get but ill wait to see if tbc comes out ans stay in sl.