Can't fool around because of Spy Addon

Can’t you read the topic? his complaint is completely valid. You can’t fool around because everyone knows where you are with that OP addon. Simple.

2 Likes

Your the one that cant read friend, go back a few posts.

1 Like

Any issue you guys might have with Spy seems dwarfed by the issues that complainers have with wpvp in general hehe.

Ohh “it only warns people there’s an un detectable, invisible, player nearby”

HOW the heck is that NOT cheating already in itself?!!

Blizzard needs to ban this cheater addon as soon as possible!

2 Likes

Don’t need to cause you think the addon is fine lmfao. It ruins the element of surprise. No point.

Blizz like this addon, that’s why they won’t. But also, ye, no addon has ever been banned.

I play on PvE, but I feel for the poor fellow Rogues and Druids, who have to suffer because of it, takeing the best ability and core stategy of 2 classes and makeing them cripled by a cheater addon, UNACCEPTABLE! * Lemon Grab *

Calling it a cheat implies there’s a rule that says it can’t be done. Show us the rule. In other games, for things like aimbots, there’s rules.

Looking at combat log WILL DO THE SAME kid QQ more.

that’s a good point. it does become a lot more convenient though.

Aye, and that’s the point of most addons.
The difference is that the vast majority won’t bother making the adjustments and tinkering (or don’t know how) to do those things, but addons just need to be downloaded and you’re set.
That’s why addons like Spy are much more noticable.

Sure it’s a cheat! You will know there’s an invisible player nearby, you were not supposed to know about by game rules developers made when creating the game and how skills work!

What do you think why doesn’t every class have a “Detect Lesser Invisibility” spell like Warlock have?

Seriously anyone arguing about this and denying it’s a cheat is just a pathetic cheater.

Also this is not “other games” this is WoW Classic!

1 Like

A cheat defined by you. But not defined by the people that made the game. You don’t make the rules. Spy is 100% within the rules of WoW’s API, which Blizz, at any time… could disable the addons functionality. Breaking many addons in the process.

They made the rules by makeing the game like the way it is, by your logic flyhack is just another addon the game lets you use, that is something that can be used but you get banned for it! Same thing!

Game code lets you use both and both are cheating!

Cheating is cheating!

No one has ever been banned for using a wow addon.

You will know that because the combat log registers nearby enemy players going into stealth (not people just walking around in stealth, btw) or using other abilities. Spy just displays that information more noticeably.
So what you’re calling a cheat is already shown in your combat log (which you can already pull out to a separate window, filter to only show enemy player actions, and highlight with colours), with or without Spy.

Like this guy!
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/FBS2coyEDJc/maxresdefault.jpg

Ok I understand I’m not dense, but tell me any other “addon” that totally criples 2 classes core strategy other then this one!

No. There is no such thing such as undetectable players. Stealthed/invisible players can be detected by different means.

In addition, actions perfomed by stealthed or invisible players make sounds/noises that can be read in the combat log. It is an RPG thing and makes perfectably sense. This combat log is what the spy addon parses.

And, you don’t even need to use an addon. You can achieve exactly the same thing by creating a chat window with appropriate filters. It was practice during vanilla .

1 Like

What you wrote that you can do in combat log etc requires understanding the game even better most players won’t do, so the game is more skill based.

This “addon” is waaay to much because it really messes with 2 classes core game mechanic.

Cheating is breaking the game rules. Spy breaks no rules.