Can't launch game

Thanks for the info, I supposed it is something like that as I searched forums and stumbled across similar posts regarding this error on beta servers. Kinda pissing off that Blliz keep ignoring so many stuff, this one is just another in the row… afterall, they are payed and yet we can’t play…

1 Like

Also having the same problem. Game worked fine yesterday then downloaded the patch today and wham, same error. Also on Windows 7 - and definitely NOT tech savvy, usually scream inside when things like this happen as I have no idea (even with child proof instructions) how to solve it. Let me know if anyone has a step by step fix! Hopefully Blizzard step in soon <3

Hey guys, I just updated Nvidia drivers for my graphic card Ge Force 1080 and it works

1 Like

Thank you Umbraa, i can confirm it works:)

Hi,
Driver update on my GTX 770 doesn’t help :frowning:

For me too. My geforce 880m won’t update lol.
Also win 7. Watin for patch)

Weird, downloaded and installed drivers from nvidia , restarted PC and it worked. I have a gtx 750 ti and windows 7 ultimate. Good luck!

I’ve downloaded and installed the latest driver for my GEForceGTX660. Restarted the PC. It still doesn’t work.

still not working. the drivers are the latest (for my 880m they released in 2015 lol).

Did You download oryginal drivers from nvidia site?

Yes, mine came from the official site.

What happens if your Graphics card isnt Nvidia? Im using AMD and all my drivers are up to date and still the same issue all day…

They had an entire day to fix this already after US launch. How long should we have to wait? If this is going to take a long time we should at the very least be compensated in game time.

3 Likes

Yes, from their site.

I’ve iven found missing libs. unforcunetly afretr putting them in proper place geme doesn’t show dll missing minit, just crush :frowning:

Hi,

This morning after patching, I logged into my character and checked out the UI. Went to Firelands to get disappointed by no-mount drops again and as I engaged the fire bird boss, the game crashed with an error about “memory cannot be written”. Since then, I can start the game and get to the character selection. Every single character I try to log on to makes the game crash at the end of the loading bar without any errors.

Things I have tried:

Repair game files (oops, something broke, try again)
Reinstall WoW
Update Windows
Update drivers
Restart PC (several times)

Same issue on Windows 7 64bit, I could play yesterday today just crashes.
How can the game be supported yesterday and less then 24hrs later it’s broke.

ok so i’ve been trying to figure this out all day since maintenance came to an end today. I have a pc with win7 and a gtx geforce from 2014. Game ran completely fine up until maintenance like everyone here and on the US forums claims.

From what i’ve gathered its a win7 issue, but it also affects a lot of win10 ppl as they are also getting the same dll missing error, even when they manually download and put the dll in the wow directory it gives me and others the “fatal error” message. Its not on our end, simply put they messed up with the win7 files or didnt pay much attention to oldies windows 7. It will get resolved tonight or tomorrow as the forums are filled with posts like this, both us and eu forums, 50% its fps issues posts, and 50% its posts about game not starting/launching. Simply too many ppl are being affected by it which is why there will be a hotfix very soon. Remember to not uninstall anything, its not on ur end and wont work.

1 Like

I have sent in a ticket:

After the pre-patch World of Warcraft will no longer launch, myself and many Windows 7 users are getting the error “api-ms-win-core-com-l1-1-0.dll missing”.

Dragonflight has Windows 7 listed as a supported OS, so I want to know is this actually being worked on? If so, when can we expect a fix?

We are very frustrated with this issue and lack of communication from Blizzard’s end in all of this.

If this isn’t resolved by the time I get an answer I will paste it in here.

2 Likes

I did few things to make game running but after I was finaly in game and I was trying to change my settings. I was also trying to change API to DX11 which I have before patch and game crashed same way like I was trying it after patch. So you can try to reset In-Game Options for World of Warcraft within Battle.net App settings. It will hopefuly change API DX12. But this way you can probably also lost all previous settings so do it at your own risk. To make game runing for me before I realized this problem was reinstaling game and updating graphic card drivers. This way I didn’t lost any in game options which I set before patch.