Can't launch game

You’re clearly a lot more of a technophile than I am! But why on earth should the ordinary end user be expected to perform technical procedures in order to get the service they’ve paid for in the first place?!

If I take my car to a garage for a service and subsequently find there’s something that previously worked and now doesn’t then I don’t expect to have to fix it myself.

1 Like

i mean true

looks like the US region is getting an emergency maintenance which will last about an hour, will see if its about this issue

edit2: nvm US users say the maintenance didnt fix the issues, they still cannot play

Got the same problem, i really doubt blizzard will do anything soon about it, well lets hope they will fix it otherwise they will lose once more a lot of players because of their negligence. -.-

3 Likes

I added the missing dll from the site mentioned above (dll-files . com) and added it to my System 32 folder then followed the below instructions. Works now.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000319972

thing is, u are running the d11 version not the d12 version, unless u want to play now i would wait fro blizz to resolve this since they said on that bluepost that they are aware of this issue affecting windows 7 and its their highest priority

it works for me, gtx 770 win 7 64bit ultimate. thank u so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

This worked for me as well. Thank you!!

this doesn’t work for me sadly

2 Likes

Try to:
Go to Options->Game settings
set checkbox on the left site of “Aditional command line arguments”
lower You have customfield, type there:
-d3d11legacy

with -d3d11 doesn’t work

still not working

when I click on the posted link it says “page not found”, can you repost this instruction please? Thanks!

Me again, I had to reverse the drivers for my graphic card as it busted up my other programs that are crucial for my work… how pathetic it is to come back tomorrow and see that blizz didn’t do anything to fix it lol…

Ok I finally managed to do it.

Download the dll file from here:
https ://www. dll-files. com/download/d7b8393146723e73d8fb6b9e2da45c1e/api-ms-win-core-com-l1-1-0.dll.html?c=NFVWTHVxbVd3ak01QVVwb1c2N3RJUT09

(as I can’t copy links added spacing afters https and after www. and after files. so remove them)

Copy it from zip file to this path:

C:\Windows\System32\

Restart the PC.

Launch battle.net > settings wheel (next to big blue play button) > game settings > check the “additional command line arguments” > type “-d3d11legacy” > done > PLAY

Tried, im getting an access is denied message from Winrar whenever i try to extract into the System32 folder, unable to make any changes to that folder

Create a new administrator user profile and do it that way, should solve that problem, but dunno will it solve the rest we are having.

Made 0 difference, but if this doesnt even fix it then i dont see the point now anyway, this joke of a company should of had this fixed in 24 hours.

1 Like

I’ll say it again - it’s totally unreasonable to expect the ordinary end user to perform complicated technical procedures to try to resolve a problem that the host company caused in the first place.

1 Like

Hope they will fix it, i did not play few years, started back in 2006 so with this problem i had to resolve some other tech issues.
But if you say as a company it will work with win7 and Nvidia GC, then it should work.
A yellow warning sign should, not be a dead end sign, that i can agree.
And for Blizzard i think they would have no isusses in getting some older players to get back, hope they realise many cant afford new hardware.
What’s the point of making a patch, is it to recruit new players or continue something you have started years ago.
We shall see how all of this turns out, dunno from what i can see there’s a lot pathces here and updates to all sorts of stuff does not look simple! Hope for the best and that we Win7 and Nvidia users will be able to play.

Hello all, WIN7 and Geforce 9600 GT here.
Got the 2 missing dll’s, WIN CORE one and Kernel32 one, drivers are updated.
But then Legacy problem occured.
Solved that.
Then Worldofwarcraft…/_retail_Wow.exe came along.
Is there something i can do about this now?

Sorry for spaming, but i see many new players do NOT like the talent system idea!
It is in Blizzard’s interest to get to us older players that did use to play it out with talent tree’s!
XD

if blizzard doesnt fix this soon. i would rather have my refund of dragonflight and gametime…