Can't play 2 specs in shadowlands (time to unsub)

I’m not saying it’s a philosophy I agree with but that is their intention

I am starting to understand why SL will be more “alt friendly” tbh …

Cheers.

1 Like

Well, as far as I understand it, each covenant will have its own campaign, so to play all the content you’d need at least 4 alts. The good thing is that there’s no daily grind, so it’s quite possible for not world first raiders to do it.

1 Like

“Lol Pvp” - Blizzard and Mister Game Director “I have done every raid on mythic, but not a single arena throughout BfA” Ion

The only way to do it is to play two mages. But, hey you can pick your best PvP and best PvP race as well then!..

F***ing hell who came up with this system?

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s disgusting.

Their treatment of PVP is also a tragedy because PVP was as large or larger than PVE until they broke it, and because PVP is just a much better attraction for the players. If only they chose to focus on PVP, WoW could have been breaking records by player count. Alas, they chose to focus on PVE, mostly because their designers have been raiders, and these idiots drove WoW into what it is now - the population reduced to something like 2 mil, the features are at boring, expansions have very little to look forward to, etc.

I mean, what are the main features of BFA? Azerite gear / islands / warfronts. Very few things to list, all of them boring and badly done. And the main features of SL? Covenants / Torghast. Even fewer things to list, one already looks bad. It was miles better before, there were many more big features and their quality was way better.

Ah, well.

2 Likes

Seems their intention is PvE players being slightly handicaped in PvP and the other way around. Which isn’t as bad in the first place.

It is bad because community got used to be bis in every type of content with a simple switch of a button. It is too late to get rid of this habit.

I’ve made a statement in the PvP-forums in that regard and I will simply copy it because I’m lazy af today.

It’s especially baffling because PvP-player are, similar to roleplayers, a very easy to please crowd. I mean we’ve played Arathi Basin, Warsong and Eye of the Storm for the past 12 years and still we go in and have fun with them. (Okay admittedly Arathi and Warsong finally got a visual update not so long ago, but my point stands.)

We don’t need complicated boss mechanics. We don’t need long raid instances. We don’t need long roleplaying sections and voice acting from NPCs. Just give us a BG, a new or reworked arena, a good gearing system (simply copy MoP/WoD and you’re good to go, because these two expansions were the pinnacle of PvP-gearing), try to balance it here and there, though we all know we will never have perfectly balanced classes, and yeah you’re done.

You have a bunch of players who will be happy, and as soon as they geared up, maybe pushed the rating a bit they will simply switch over to their next character. I mean…I’ve played like 7 different classes in WoD. Nowadays I barely touch anything else than my rogue and paladin, because it’s too time consuming getting the other alts up to speed.

Outside of this: WoW PvP simply offers something no other MMO really offers. It feels so…how can I say it? Reactive? Every time I press a button, I have instant feedback. It’s fluent, it’s quick, there’s zero delay.

1 Like

I’m unsure if your a troll or not. You proclaim to be a 99% logger in mythic content and alsso a 2700+ rating behind a alt that youve intentionally unsynced from displaying achievements and more.

You seem to (while circumstances are very true) just once a day making a post based on the convenant systems to in someway get the community to repeatively tell you why the systems flawed.

Are you going for post count on people against convenant systems? Because doing it on the EU forums really won’t work.

We all know there’s glaring problems with the convenant system. But blizzard won’t hear us here

I dont have to prove 2700 raiting or 99% logger, if you dont want to believe it thats fine with me. I just want the answer to if I can play 2 specs optimal or not

OP just make two mages, for 2 specs its easier.

I’m aware but you also don’t have to state it.

Why make a thread based on it to then pull out when someone mentions it :stuck_out_tongue:

Wouldn’t help him if the only reason for raiding is to gear up for pvp.

3 Likes

No. You can be good in both.
You just won’t be ‘100% optimal’ in one of them. Which is not the same as ‘not being good’.

Soulbinds and conduits are freely swapable so you can adjust to pve/pvp accordingly. Covenant? Nope, not that easy. You can optimise everything outside of covenant abilities. How impactful it will be, who knows. So optimal? Yes. Bis? No

But PVE players aren’t handicapped in PVP and PVP players are greatly handicapped in PVE. Look at the ilvl numbers.

well tbh this is not an issue as long as I dont have to set my foot in a mythic raid to have the best gear in PVP.

I dont want to log into launch day and see that every single bis item for pvp is from the mythic raid, and that will be the case if they dont add PVP power to the items on the vendor

PvP is a side activity. Always has been.
:man_shrugging:

Disclaimer: That doesn’t mean, it can’t be YOUR main activity, but on the overal scale; it’s a side activity.

side activity for who? what about those who play wow only for arena?

Read my disclaimer.

So how do you think it feels when you only like pvp, and a PVE hero comes inside the arena with no experience and kill you straight up from superior gear

1 Like