Cant see my characters in era

Ok …its been almost a year since i quit wow…today my friend got me convinced to play classic era…and i was like ok ok lets play…just logged into era realm list…i saw the realm with character numbers next to it and just logged…and theres no any chars…then i googled a bit and heard blizzard removed uncloned chars…actually i had 3x lvl60 both full t3 other one with full t2 etc…i didnt know there was a time for clone i thought it was like indefinite whenever i wanna clone my pre tbc chars to era…now my acc is totally empty and i wonder if its possible to restore my chars?

4 Likes

No, it’s no longer possible to clone, you could either play them in WOTLK or level (a) new character(s).
Hopefully there will be fresh vanilla server or a new seasonal server where everyone will be starting from level 1.

1 Like

Your chars was moved to a TBC (now WotLK) realm, most likely the Mograine server. This happened just before WotLk was released, but was announced in advance that it would happen.

There’s nothing you can do, other than roll a new char (or play Wrath of the Lich King) - after all it is not Blizzards fault you didnt read up.

Jeez wtf Blizz fanboi Troll.
When im away i do not follow up what kind of insane ideas they came up whit. RL matters .
Do you realy think i had not acted if i knew ?

I repeat .
And the claim “Your World of Warcraft® account and characters have not been deleted. In the event that you return to the game, you can resume playing right where you left off.” Is a lie !
Read: “You can resume playing right where you left off”.

My time and effort i spend they just did’t give a … about.

5 Likes

This is exactly what happened: you are still on the classic expansion since you did NOT move your characters to ERA.

Sorry but this fault is on you, not Blizzard.

haha lol…wouldnt expect more from that indian company…its just bulls**t even worst private servers dont delete ppl chars etc

2 Likes

Too bad you can’t ignore posts from people like you. Like you use to. You just don’t get it and blame returning players for a Blizzard decision.

Nice going forum troll

indeed…i never get people who advocate blizzard hahaha

2 Likes

Yeah mate and so sorry for your loss. i wish you good luck from this. and take care.

Im outa here (i hobe) xD

The Blizzard decision was to let players follow the realm, so classic became TBC then WotLK. And the chars are still there and playable - just as you left them. And do you know what? You even quoted it yourself:

“Your World of Warcraft® account and characters have not been deleted. In the event that you return to the game, you can resume playing right where you left off.”

So what exactly did Blizzard do wrong? They let you play your character as you left them. In the mean time the expansion evolved into TBC - just like it did in 2007 and 2008.
You had the opportunity to go ERA, but you missed it. So I ask again: How can YOU missing the boat be Blizzards fault?

I know it’s easier to just blame Blizzard. They DO make mistakes - lot of them. But this one is your own fault really.

The problem is YOU never activated them in either Era or Wrath, so Blizzard are not to blame.

Just logging into them once in more than a year of opportunity would have fixed them to Era.

Edit: Actually now I think about it, it’s well over a year probably nearer a year and a half, since TBC Classic came out.

3 Likes

It’s just too bad that Blizz could not have sent an e-mail to all customers. When they can do this to announce coming expansions - like Dragonthings . they could have doenm the samen for the end of cloning and the ‘consolidation’. Both things concerning players in the same way.

5 Likes

Not a good ide, they are already spamming us (me, at least) with Dragonflight emails multiple times per week :frowning: - any important info from Blizzard could easily be missed in the “important” dragonflight or wotlk spam mails.

I also wonder what actually happened with this guy. He wrote he havent played almost a year. However, cloning services stopped in August so something is not correct. He had time to clone to TBC already a year ago.

And no e-mail is better than one that might drown. I do not agree.

3 Likes

It’s entirely Blizzard’s fault. When a person created a character on the classic server, there were no conditions that it would be necessary to clone. Blizzard should have warned about this at character creation, not when the person went on vacation.

3 Likes

No it isn’t Blizzards fault, they made an assumption, that is all. How could they have known what they were going to do when someone created their character three years ago?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.