Cata Classic is dead

I just wanted to celebrate everyone with that. 90k active characters, meaning probably around 50k players on the whole EU.
Less than the private servers. Thanks for Blizzard for doing it, classic players are the worst kind of idiots

11 Likes

What are you on about? Ironforge.pro shows 171k for Cata classic. And that’s just raidlogging. Actual number is higher since not every active player is raiding. But Blizzard doesn’t share real numbers, so all we can do is estimate. Yours seem way off though.

8 Likes

Everything wrong with your math brother. Please uninstall now.

Many players are raiding on 2 or 3 alts. So the population along with those who do not raid or pvp should be around 171k if not fewer.

1 Like

Cata is dying because blizz wants it do die, if theyd spend half as much effort into cata as they did into a single SoD phase, we would have more than twice as many active players

8 Likes

171k is EU + US, 90k EU only. Each “pro” raider is raiding with many characters so there’s the math

3 Likes

give use wart and tbc server u will see thos players return come on so bored classic classic and cata

1 Like

The amount of people that CBA parsing is also increasing imo. As for my guild, we don’t parse, and any of the pugs I occasionally join apparently also don’t parse.

And by parse I mean: bother to upload data in some way to WCR. I would actually think there is a bit more people occasionally playing than IF.pro is showing, compared to the past in WOTLK.

In WotLK, everything was parsed, even pugs doing no heroics at all.

OP stated that EU probably has around 50k players though, which is still way off.

If you can tweak the numbers however you please to suit your agenda, I can argue that WotLK peaked at 172k in EU, since the peak EU population was 344k, and half of them are probably alts.

So by that logic, WotLK peak is still “only” 120k raidloggers above Cata lowest point this far.

90k eu is total number of characters on wclogs
considering most of people who still play have 2-5 alts real number of players is much lower
and yes the most populated eu realm gehennas is dead, making a 25 people pug takes 5+ hours
cata sucks and it will become even worse, at this rate even mop classic unlikely to happen

Good kill it so we can get TBC classic again

12 Likes

They won’t kill it. They will progress into Mists of Dailieria at the least.

People are just bored with the current tier. They will come back for firelands as it is a very good raid.

1 Like

Yeah cata is dead, farming ± 2200 honors on 1 item when you get ± 200-300 honors from 1 bg is so bad … i dont remember this was so bad, they need higher honors gain, not that small honors for kill and win/lose BG. 4 honor for 1 kill is joke xD

On retail 1 piece is 975-1300, and you getting so much more honors.

Cata still has x2.5 the active players SoD has with a fresh phase just released. Cata is fine, but a lot of people stopped raiding and are just waiting for the next phase to release.

TBC was bad lol that’s when most realms died.

Em no. TBC had an average raider/pvp population that was very close to WoW Classic.

2 Likes

Just let Sod grow into Sod TBC.

3 Likes

Just delete cata at this point. Uninstall that cursed abomination.

6 Likes

Oh my. He broke character