Cata classic transmogrification

Ok, so I know that not everyone is looking forward to Classic Cata. I’m torn about it myself. There are some things I don’t like about it, and some things that I do like. Most of all I like the transmogrification feature. I’m really looking forward to that. So I’m wondering, do you think they will add the most recent version of transmog, where you can use grey/white items? For example the Eroded Mail set, and there are other grey sets that are very nice.
Tell you the truth, I’ve already started to collect those sets. I can’t help myself. Because I really really hope for that.

2 Likes

Nobody knows, we’ll find out soon if we can xmog legendary items too.

1 Like

They should skip straight to the retail version of transmog if they add it. Transmog was a late Cataclysm feature too, they might not add it in on launch but I guess we will find out.

3 Likes

“Cataclysm Classic - Pre-Patch Event, Worgen & Goblins, Guild Features, Account Wide Collections, Transmog”
Most likely will get exactly that.

1 Like

What’s the difference exactly between Cata transmog and Retail transmog?

The retail Version “remembers” every Item you ever got on any character and stores it in the transmog feature.

Cata you had to keep the item in the bank from before and could store it in the void storage. So every old item you had to farm again to be able to transmog it. Retail you can just vendor it and its in your collection.

3 Likes

Nice, well I vote for retail, collection all the way ya!

1 Like

i will be playing it no matter what :grin:

1 Like

Intressting. For me transmog is the absolute most despicable feature they added in.

They already added collection tab in WOTLK. So maybe transmogs in Cata will be retail like.

2 Likes

Ooo, I didn’t think about it that way. Of course, yes there is the collection tab. Good thought! Here’s hoping :star_struck:

Really hope we get accountwide titles as well ( the Insane). It feels like waste when changing main from the achiever to another char.

1 Like

My question is for example, if i have rogue with warglaive will be possible to trasmog then? If they use retail system

Holly molly, that would be great !

According to this: https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-cataclysm-system-strings-reforging-transmog-void-storage-337972?webhook

It will use the old school transmog system.

The strings below suggest that we might have the original implementation of transmog available in Cata Classic, which requires you to keep the items in your bags instead of the modern one that creates a collection. However, this is the first beta build, nothing is final.

Personally, I’d be fine with a mix; I don’t mind having to save the items in the bank/inventory/void storage, rather than just magically unlock them. But I’d also like to be able to transmog to grey/white items, and the ability to hide shoulders and gloves.

But they stated on their panel and on the features tab on the cata site that transmog will be accountwide.

Maybe it’s only the Beta build.

Clearly they are behind the schedule because of recent layoffs by Microsoft. They need to reintroduce all talents and skills and test them first, then deal with features promised in prepatch, like transmog, goblin and Worgen starting areas.

Yes ok is the old version, but about legendary will be some changes?

Imo there is zero reason why they would give us the old version, with all it’s restrictions. Back in cata they didn’t knew how tthis would explode in popularity, hence they changed the system a few times already, most recently in DF where you can now transmog grey and white items.

Why not gives us the last, most up-to-date version of this long-awaited feature? I know a lot of people saved their T3 or Corrupted Ashbringer, just to name a few, exactly for transmog in cata.

Another point I’d like to add is that they’ve added the retail version of the mount and pet tab, too. This suggests we’ll also get the retail collection tab for appearances.

2 Likes

Will mogging also be account wide - If yes, No thanks.

OK thanks. Final reason to not even touch Cata.