Cataclysm Classic - too easy, needs buffs

Buying accounts are against the ToS.

They can make some kind of WotLK+ if they want to, probably wonā€™t affect me.

I think the main issue is thereā€™s no consensus on what constitutes a ā€˜+versionā€™. Iā€™ve read a lot of posts from people calling for this kind of thing, but most of what they want seems to consist of : ā€œA bunch of new, harder, tougher, more challenging raids pleaseā€.

Which is fine. More raids would get progression-focussed players to stick around for longer, but not certain if that really spells a WotLK+.

My notion of a ā€˜+versionā€™ would feature entirely new L80+ zones beyond Icecrown. There would be new quests, new factions, new dungeons, new battlegrounds and each of those would feature a new raid boss as the end game, but youā€™d not be able to just walk in at L80, there would be an attunement process of some kind, probably involving rep together with a lengthy quest chain.

Not that Blizzard would ever do such a thing, and even if they did the hardcore would still hoover it up in a month or less and then start raid logging.

1 Like

haha a bit early or?

1 Like

I want more Cataclysm now because nobody want to do the old raids content for HF, so i canā€™t end them.
Cataclysm means less dependence of others players and itā€™s finaly a good point.

Barking too Fido.

He will break 'em alright

Cata was the turning point because it not only changed the world, it fundamentally changed all mechanics of the game. When you say that Vanilla to WotLK was some kind of soft-D&D game, then Cataclysm started to be soft-action adventure. To name a few:

Increased OOC regen
Parry, Dodge, Miss became less meaningful
Resists became less meaningful
Removal of a lot of sandbox-y, ā€˜RPGā€™ skills
Changed zones from ā€˜adventure modeā€™ to rollercoaster ride from hub to hub
Most things got completely streamlined to be just like everything else, this made the game feel very ā€˜patternizedā€™ (much like FFXIV feels, canā€™t describe it, unless you know what I mean)

Cataclysm was the prototype of the new WoW. You might as well skip it and go straight to Pandaria, because at least that one is a lot more fleshed-out.

1 Like

if you want harder content then classic is not your game m8, retail raids are ,most ppl play classic just becous it is a simpler version, the bosses donā€™t have a ton of mecanicā€™s if thatā€™s your game retail raids are the place to be.

Ok so i can say ā€œif you want more social then Wotlk is not your game and go Classic ERA ?ā€

If people are saying wotlk is low on players then they are in for a treat with cata. There is a handful of people that thought that dumpster fire of an expansion was good.

Because things change.
Assassinā€™s Creed 1 was awesome in 2007, but with an horrible gameplay in 2022 at the end.
This is the same for Classic, awesone in 2004, horrible for many players in 2022.
At the end because of that, Cataclysm is finaly not really bad.

The king is back! I thought you left when tbc came out

1 Like

Agree to disagree. Cata was sht back and will be sht again if they even bring it back. World was great back then and is still great now.

2 Likes

The good thing is who wanted the old game still have Classic ERA.

Fire mage

Legendary staff

Alysrazor

2 mln dps

I will roll fire mage when Firelands comes out.

1 Like

No, why on earth would I have done that?

And what about those who want to play WotLK? Donā€™t we count?

1 Like

You can play WoTLK though? You are playing WoTLK, just without RDF.

Do you realize that you are suggesting to make the content even easier than it was? 4.3.4 vs 4.0 - focus on this phrase - I will repeat this on and on.

Maybe it was a ā€œdumpster fire of an expansionā€ alright, but people will be starved for new content, people who didnā€™t play, will want to play, and for Blizzard to re-release this (with #somechanges) itā€™s so easy, like setting up a pserver.

Cool video, but I suggest Blizzard should nerf legendary staves. They bring much imbalance into the game and into the social aspect (!) of the game.

1 Like

If they gonna screw with Cata like they screw with WOTLKā€¦I want them to stop their classic stuff at WOTLK.