Censorship on forums

First world problems…

Somebody called ion a loser. Life changing offensive humiliating word. Lets ban everyone…

4 Likes

If posts are flagged for no reason, it is my understanding that a moderator will review and no ban or silence will be given in this case. So if I am wrong in this then I will apologise, but if it is reviewed and a ban/silence given, then I say it was deserved and people should re-read the posts they made and see why.

3 Likes

Odd, we’re looking into the reason attachment on silences :slight_smile:

I make no comment on the action itself, nor do I want this thread to turn into “Rejuvithorn Reviews,” but you were silenced for masking swearwords with numbers to bypass the swear filter.

Forum appeals can be submitted here:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/battlenet/665/1032/solution

Forum Code of Coduct:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/battlenet/665/1032/solution

13 Likes

It’s hilarious that the link for appeals has the word “solution” in it, when the solution at the end is always a copy-pasted response that doesn’t remotely address what the issue was about while the ticket is closed and marked as “solved” :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just engage in that classic British past-time of using regular words and innotation to dennote your intentions, without being obviously offensive. Ie Plank.

Really? For that?!

If you’re going to silence me, at least do it for the big one :stuck_out_tongue:, but thank you for clarifying.

2 Likes

Impudent Borbarsa :smile_cat:

1 Like

You’re now going to be investigated, having alerted Rejuvithorn to your misdeeds! :police_car:

3 Likes

Thanks for actually talking to us though 'juvi, most moderators would just close the topic, ban us all for discussing moderation and call it a day.

6 Likes

I deleted the post, there is no evidence of my misdeed!

Seriously though I don’t want to have to go through the silence again. Still don’t understand why that’s why it got flagged when so many people do it so regularly (the masking swears, not the elbow thing. I deserved it for that)

1 Like

That is painfully common on forums sadly…

3 Likes

Giving feedback during BfA alpha was like talking to a brick wall.

They have admitted this and are doing better now. Case closed.

Have a nice vacation.

3 Likes

You don’t know whether those other people also got silenced for it though…

3 Likes

Normally when a post is flagged it is withdrawn though isn’t it? But fair point, from now on I shall use {redacted} as opposed to leetspeak or asterisks, or as Telestrian said use less explicit language.#

I’ll shut up now and let the OP carry on lecturing us on how not being able to be a {redacted} is infringing on freedom of speech.

2 Likes

Yeah, there are a lot of people who complain that their posts are flagged/removed or that they were silenced because of their contraversial opinion, but when you look at the post there is often masked swearing. I’d guess it’s pretty common, but if silences are short you might not notice that the person is absent for a few hours.

6 Likes

I was engaged in the discussion Re: Boris on a different char and I wasn’t silenced. Then again my post didn’t mention elbows being put in places.

1 Like

Only way I know for certain a post gets flagged is if other people flag it for moderator review.

I’m not sure if it’s flagged if a moderator just happens to read through a forum thread on a “patrol”, and then silences you for it.

Only one way to find out, and I’m not doing it.

1 Like

Just be choosy I guess. One of the joys of vocabulary.

I’ve used words like tosspot and spanner colloquially here and never been slapped. Then again I never direct them at people, but they aren’t exactly nice ways to describe people. Certainly the kind of stuff i’d chastise my kids for if they did it.

1 Like

common misapprehension tbh.

1. the American freedom of speech is essentially worthless because you still have to face the consequences of that speech, thus it affords you no special protection to say what you like. In fact, based an americans ive met, they are the most repressed, socially engineered and silenced country in the world. Freedom of speech means absolutely nothing, just some verbiage to keep the stupid in line and confident that they aren’t being manipulated.

2. depends what you said.

3. its their game, not yours. Youre just renting it.

4. I like a lot of bits of bfa, though there is some glaring errors.

5. does anyone even play classic any more? I don’t know anyone who does.

6. pandaland was way worse, you’ve just got rose tinted glasses on.

7. would you quit a well paying job just because some random says youre bad at it?

honestly, you sound like an irritating spoilt brat and im not surprised with the amount of mutes you have gotten and will get.

oh and
8) don’t like it, leave

6 Likes