Change the 26 Day Rule!

you have never played this game without being able to buy on AH or trade people. And saying am a newbie is a joke. This subscription is new but this account is 20 years old, with 5 max retail characters back in wrath

I can sell things on AH so I have been able to sell stuff to make gold but cant use it to buy anything

1 Like

when i use the term “newbie” i am referring to people who are either completely new to the game, or have just started.

its not the same term as “noob” if that’s what you think.

yes, there’s an actual gamer-definition for both these terms.

I challenge you to make a new subscription and play the full 26 days and get lv60. You will see and understand the frustration, especially around levelling professions.

See you in 27 days when you have experienced what i am experiencing and then tell me that a gold cap on daily AH spend is wrong.

This will kill all new players trying to genuinely play SoD

why would i torture myself needlessly just to prove a point to you?

i can definitely see how this is a problem for genuine players, but i already told you why it works this way.

its to fight bots and unfortunately new players suffering this way is collateral damage, but its worth it in the long run.

if you were able to buy stuff from AH at all bots would find a way to exploit it and benefit, even if its just 40g per day.

Businkaa already pointed out ways bots are exploiting the game. I understand they are an issue but they should not make it a very frustrating and irritating thing for any new player to deal with. It will genuinely be making a lot of new people want to quit and for a game that costs money each month its not a good experience

i agree with your sentiment but i am not willing to compromise if it favors bots at all.

even if it was just 1g per week i would say no, but luckily for you its not up to me.

maybe you can make blizzard change their minds.

It’s 26 days ! New players can also be returning players who haven’t played for years, and even if they were, you get to lvl 60 easily in a month now. Not being able to trade or use AH at all during leveling is tough.

true.
suck it up though.
its not the end of the world.

look at it this way; they’ll have all that gold ready for when they hit 60 because the temptation to use it while leveling is outright gone as that is impossible.

All that gold debt that I owe to guild members. I am racking up debt now having to get guild members to buy me flasks for raiding! I also cant enchant any of my items with random people without a member of the guild first transferring the random person the materials and gold for doing it, racking up more debt

that’s a choice you made bro.

get farming so you can pay them back when the time comes.

I have plenty of gold to pay them, and its not a choice its frustrating for both me and other guild members

then why is the debt a problem

Its the fact I am constantly having to bug them to stop what they are doing to help me for tasks that I shouldnt need help with

then don’t bother them every other minute.

maybe if you need enchants, get them all done in 1 setting instead of 1 enchant here and 1 enchant there.

maybe instead of getting 5 mongoose elixirs, get 15 so you’re covered for a while.

maybe instead of getting 1 flask, get 3-5.

You just dont get it.

i do, but alas there’s literally nothing i can do about it.

you complained that you have to bother your guildies all the time, as a result of this restriction.

i gave you advice on how to do that less.

what do you want lol.

Seeing the amount of bots ingame tells me they are unbothered :laughing:

Should be longer than 26 days.

I see a lot of things being said here, one thing most people seam to have missed is that its not just bots its there to target but gold buyers as well, a thing people used to do to make it “harder to track” was start a new sub and make new char on it launder the gold. So they get the gold from the seller on that new account and use it to buy something they put up on the AH their main account remains “clean”

No way…

This has been the best thing ever against combatting bots… KEEP IT
infact MAKE IT EVEN LONGER.