Change yards to meters

For sure. I’m increasingly finding younger people now have think of themselves in metric units - for their height and weight - while I still think in feet and stones for that. So that’s shifting for sure.

For weights and volumes of produce I think most people have shifted to metric. Certainly more so than the personal measurements.

The ones that are’t going anywhere for a long time of course is using miles on our road systems and inches on our (mostly men’s) clothing. That said the EU standard on clothing (for men) is even less logical. Why is a 42 inch chest jacket a size 52???

Its actually illegal in the uk to sell things with the imperial measurements being more prominent then the metric ones.

So it always makes me wonder how they get away with it for things like clothes and monitors xD

(There are a few exceptions, mainly alcohol and milk under certain situations)

I’m game for that. Dab hand with a pistol, good at sword and board, and spear, not shabby with paired daggers. No Rifles though, I have to draw a line there, and got told off last time I used one. or two rather, which is why I got told off…

1 Like

The rule on using metric only applies to volumes and weights. Dimensions aren’t covered. So clothes, televisions etc are fine in inches. The EU system for clothing doesn’t use a metric base anyway - for adults at least. Much as shoes don’t either.

Other interesting exceptions - you can still call a burger a ‘quarter pounder’. Any others?

Lived there my whole life (pretty much), I’m 45 and I was taught metric in school. Most people I know who are my age or younger use metric many of those who are older than myself use metric. It’s useful to know or be able to visualise an Inch but most of the rest of Imperial measurements are anachronisms.
Yes some people use Imperial but nowadays it’s mostly people who were taught in Imperial, people who like to ape Americans or people who want to not be “sheeple” (whatever that means).

german client uses metres. time for the rest to follow

Never mind yards, or metres, lets use chains.

1 Like

A yard is roughly 10% more than a meter. There isn’t much in it so you can just judge distance the same as in meters.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.