Changes to Hunter pet resurrection cast time (Shadowlands)

???
sensible nerfs are more than fine, if they had nerfed bm general damage this patch (in pve) I’d be more than ok with it and even in favour.

taking a cast time back to vanilla duration after 15 years is not an ok nerf. This is not a case of git gud, killing a the pet is a viable strategy and will render the hunter useless until he can bring him back.

not what i said.

that’s another way of doing it, actually give us a toolkit that let’s us keep our pet alive, sure, but right now they didn’t give us anything so until they do all the feedback we can give is that this is a bad change.

this was just me taking the piss at how bad pets ai still is in this game, wasn’t meant as an excuse or anything relevant to the nerfs discussion, but I admit it might have seemed like it from your perspective.

3 Likes

In wotlk there wasn’t so much passive cleave and aoe from basically every class. People had to actively focus the pet to kill it, and it also took 90% reduced aoe damage and was a lot more tanky.
Now the pet dies even if no one looks at it just from passive cleave. Tell your healer to waste 2x mana to keep both you and your pet up all the time because if it dies good luck getting off a 6s cast

2 Likes

Back then pet death didnt mean you are locked out from all of your damage

5 Likes

the legedery cape allowes u use abiltyes while moveing so u can jump around kiteing while ressing pet :stuck_out_tongue: Finerly can cast aimed shot while moveing .

1 Like

This thread has turned into ridtur vs others because of

But to be fair I think we’re all on the same page here because of what comes next.

Ridtur likes the idea of killing the pet being a viable strategy which I can agree to be honest. Pets constantly dying and constantly getting rez 50 times in a BG is meaningless in my opinion.

Ridtur later agreed that something can be done about the squishy pets.

Nobody likes the idea of pets getting killed fast while the rez time is 6 seconds(as long as a greater pyroblast) which can be kicked, stunned, knockbacked, cc’ed etc in the last second.

Instead of fighting, maybe we can give feedback about how to make pets tankier so that 6 seconds rez time is acceptable?

1 Like

Agreed. Killing pets as a strategy is a good way of disabling Hunters and I think it’s important for all classes to have weaknesses but it’s not the only answer. There does need to be a more practical solution that balances temporarily impeding Hunters but not making them solely reliable on that long cooldown. Aspect of the Heart would be good but either Mend Pet needs to be more effective to mitigate damage, pets made tankier, or the res cooldown reduced.

1 Like

That mend pet CD should be reduced or heal better.

1 Like

I don’t think reducing the CD of it would have an effect because it doesn’t stack so you’re only extending it by a few seconds. The healing output is very weak and can be a battle in itself to try and heal your pet up so I think that buffing the healing would perhaps help.

1 Like

maybee blizzard doing on porpose they want u to play Marksman ?

1 Like

I don’t think you fully understand, but you will when SL comes around and your faced with the choice of spending more mana than wanted on the pet to keep it alive or speniding crap tons on the hunter under focus becuase his pet is dead and can’t get the 6 second cast off.

You think it will be fine later because it’s fine now, it’s fine because it’s two seconds. Anyways, let me know about how good it is that the class you dont play has to deal with players going ham on the pet because they know how it will gimp him, but YOU will have to deal with that yourself. Yeah, let me know how that goes eh fam…

This guy really talking about 6 second rez promoting skill, on a class where its pet is half the spec for two specs. Every other class does NOT have to deal with this, not even the other pet classes. But yeah, promote skill, LMFAO…

The only way they can make this viable is if:

• Mend pet CD gets reduced to 8 seconds and lasts 15 seconds and heals for 15% HP per tick. effected by your haste.

• Make pet HP and Armor double what yours is, reduce magic damage by 30% and reduce all AoE INCLUDING cleave by 90%.

Yeah do any of those two things and you can give me a 6 second rez, fck it.

1 Like

for 5 seconds MAX after standing still for 10 seconds. Imagine what any melee will do to you while your standing there for 10 seconds like baffoon, only to move and start casting and get insta gap closed, since melee have like a thousand of them now…

Makes you wonder what kind of DMT blizz was on wen they made this change.
Blizz HQ: “Hmmm, hunters are R1 on all the ladders, their pets seem to be carrying them, doing insane mandingo big D deeps. I think we should nerf their rez so when they go down, they stay down. Just like my Mrs”

No but real talk though, WTF…

1 Like

I don’t think you fully understand, but when SL comes around and you’re faced with the choice of spending more focus on the pet to keep it alive than lesser skilled Hunter, you will learn that it makes you a better player and allows you to stand out from the rest.

Just increase pet HP so they don’t die like flies. If you let it die you’re bad and you should be punished for it.

There is no such thing as “spending more mana than wanted on the pet” there is only “spending enough focus on the pet to keep it alive, like any skilled player would”.

1 Like

Go play a hunter mate… DO that first before posting on this forum…

I really do think you’re a troll, we get so many of them nowadays.
You do realise that mend pet has a CD right, and that is pretty much all we have outside of micro managing its position lol. You need to gtfo of here.

There is no such thing as “spending more mana than wanted on the pet” there is only “spending enough focus on the pet to keep it alive, like any skilled player would”.

Yes, but you’re not skilled though. You are 102 though, posting like a know it all, yet you have no level capped toon.

1 Like

Before we descend into schoolyard bickering, I think there is merit to both arguments. Pet healing is something that more skilled Hunters do (I often rely more on Exhilaration though because that fully heals my pet rather than the nonsense of Mend Pet) but it should not be the focus of the class. I’m a DPS, not a (pet) Healer. There has to be balance between the two which I think Blizzard are perhaps overdoing.

If they nerf Exhilaration though, we riot. :joy:

1 Like

The problem is that pets aren’t currently designed with this philosophy in mind.
You said so yourself, “up pet’s defensives so they don’t die like flies”.
Also, simply increasing the pet’s total HP will do very little to aid in the matter.

You keep saying thing’s like:
“if they just make the pet stronger by default, then this change is justified, and then hunters who don’t keep track of their pets should be punished”

…but we’ve seen no indication of additional changes for pets. Meaning pets will be just as squishy as before. So no, in the current state, changes like the increased cast time on res are not warranted and should be corrected.

2 Likes

just frost trap and ress pet.

1 Like

And what will the other 1-39 other opponents be doing?

OHHHH you was talking about duelling. Cool cool K

1 Like

:rofl:

This guy.

3 Likes

With the recent SL changes to Marksmanship, I hope Blizzard don’t just forget about Hunters but actually continue to look at the feedback because the pet resurrection is still ridiculous!

Seeing a few other posts across the forums where Heart of the Phoenix is seen as a potential compromise but I don’t think that’s enough unless they balance the pet armor / healing ratio.

2 Likes

I second this.

Not just for the changes to pet res, but to other things as well. Such as removing the damage component from Hunter’s Mark.

And more.

3 Likes