Changes to purchasable game time options

Obviously done to increase the money a player has to commit in order to subscribe, which is something I think is really nasty business to do just because you can, knowing that people are still going to pay anyway.

3 Likes

This is a really bad Aprilā€™s fool joke right? Or are they being serious? If this is not an aprilā€™s fool, Im 100% going to a private server after my sub ends.

I am used to playing for a month and having a month breaks in between. I can justify buying a sub for 10 quid from now an then, but 20 quid even though I donā€™t want to play for half of it?

I was always open minded about Blizzard, but this is the worst thing, they ever done to me.

7 Likes

Pfft, subscribe, click unsubscribe and voilaā€¦you paid for only 1 month without an auto renewal.

1 Like

I donā€™t follow? I thought the blue post is saying we are able to only purchase a 60 day game time from now on. If I subscribe for 60 days and unsubscribe right after, I still paid 20 quid and I have 60 days game time, no?

It says;

Please note that currently, the options and pricing for the purchase of both WoW subscriptions and WoW Tokens will remain unaffected

This is about the game time from the store, not the subscription models. So the 30d/1m sub model remains as is.

2 Likes

The minute you move this over to include subscriptions too is the minute I stop playing your game for good!

5 Likes

Oh, thanks for the clarification. Phew, almost got a stroke for a non issue. My bad. Funny to realise where are my boundaries with Blizzard though, lol. I let slide almost everything from tbc boost to dumbing down the gameplay on retail, but if they changed the subscription model like this, it would affect my real life habitsā€¦

1 Like

Where was that review of available services? Didnā€™t see it to express my opinion.
About the change - so basically we are no longer able to play your game, besides buying wow tokens (to pay for 1 month)? sadness. forced 2 month gametime purchases are unacceptable.

6 Likes

Well to be fair, if more people had spoken up against this in December when they did it to the UK players they might have seen their use of us as guinea pigs differently and not gone ahead with making the change across the board. Sadly most people just laughed and blamed Brexit and told us to suck it up as it was our own fault /shrug.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure about that. The biggest doorstep milk provider in the UK has pretty much just unanimously removed almost all the different payment models that they had.

It isnā€™t just Blizzard that is massively out of touch with their playerbase.

1 Like

I know itā€™s one penny but Ā£19.99 is not Ā£19.98 so Iā€™m subbing and getting money off as itā€™s cheaper to Sub for two months than buy gametime.

Even cheaper in two months that have 31 days.

A bit of maths:
12 times Ā£9.99 is Ā£119.88 subs
365/60 is 6.08 payments a year or Ā£19.99 times 6.08 is Ā£121.54 60 days payment

Which is Ā£1.66 cheaper a year.

1 Like

Shame, guess ill just buy a months subscription then accidentally move all my money to my savings account every time renewal comes around, such an unecessary change that does nothing but grant you a few extra pennies for the people that forget to cancel when they stop playing, which is your so obvious goal. Disgusting

2 Likes

Or you know, cancel it as soon as the 1st payment is taken.

3 Likes

Or set up a separate account with an online bank that doesnt charge fees and only use for their WoW sub

I know thats an option, but with the wave of people who are inevitably going to be doing just that i just get the feeling that theyā€™ll somehow justify prohibiting subscription cancelation within the first hours/days, can you honestly say that blizz implementing something like that would be surprising at all.

1 Like

The EU forum is always the last place to get infoā€¦ or get a blue response to improvementsā€¦

it is just an afterthought kinda forum.

It seems so.

And this is why im sad about lock class in general, this explanation felt exactly like playing demo locks rotationā€¦ whole maths for a penny dmgā€¦

Sub price is still the same. Donā€™t be a sour melk :smiley:

Things must be really going well for Blizzard if they chose to narrow down their available audience.

That better not repeat with the sub price too or things might get much worse

3 Likes