Character change on forum

When I choose to change my preference for which character I post with from one to another it logs me out and when I log back in it reverts to the previous character.

Please fix
Thanks

47 Likes

There seems to be a work round for this which someone posted further down - click on your character at the top right of the forum then on the preferences cogwheel, not the ‘change character’ link. Scroll down and there’s a ‘change character’ option in your profile which seems to work OK.

25 Likes

The forum seems to only see this character. This was my first wow char, that I created for the paladin hearthstone alternative avatar. It got capped at lvl 20 back then. Where are my other chars that I have actually played?

(shaman and pala 120. druid, mage, warlock 110).

7 Likes

I’m guessing it’s just teething problems. I can only see 3 of mine and would hope they’ll get repopulated during the next day or so.

1 Like

Thanks Ananda, I tried both methods with the same effect so I’ll wait for a fix.

2 Likes

This is even worse…It let me change from the character above Maggelan…To this dude…I selected my Paladin and got my druid.

1 Like

Hello,

This work around does not work.

I clicked the cog, chose my main, got logged out, logged back in and the forums picked the last character I logged in as. Now my main isn’t even in the list of characters under the cog or quick select and he’s been logged in (and out) for this entire afternoon.

My main characters aren’t even available as an option to appear as, the only options I have are two unrelated characters I haven’t logged onto for two years.

This draenei being one of the two.

Heya,

If you still miss characters here on the forum (to choose as an avatar), please try to log out and log back into the forum. If that does not fix this for you, please try updating your account password completely. Doing so forces an account update, which can help clear this up.

I do need to mention that the above steps have not fixed this for everybody though, but we have seen a few positive results.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

5 Likes

A complete log out worked this time, Tried that a few times before but hey ho back to the way I like it (Magellan is my alt)

Thanks for the reply @Nenyasqi

Still can’t seem to post on my main (this mage)… well… almost not able. This is he first time the reply button showed up for me. However, still not working anywhere else. Tried switching characters and back, logged out, etc. Deleted cache as well. Nothing helped.

changing your password worked for me :slight_smile:

You necro’d this with a two year gap?

yeah same here it was bugging for me for a while till it fixed it self

1 Like

Please do not bump this again after another 6 months.