Character name when transfer to normal server (after death)

What happens if your character dies and you transfer it to a normal server, but its name is reserved there? Do you need to give it a new name? Or can you only transfer the character to a server where the name is free? (that would be interesting)

Who thinks what? Is there a concrete answer to this yet?

How is it different from any other FCT? The limitation of being unable to ress by finding your character body after death with a ghost is only locally enforced on HC realms. Apart from that your HC character is completely ordinary.

As with any transfer if the name isn’t taken it is yours, but if it is you will need to rename a character before being able to get into Era softcore world.

1 Like

You lose the name if its taken. I dont see the problem with that.

3 Likes

We still not know to WHICH servers we can go on death.

" After dying on a Hardcore realm, players will be able to choose to utilize the Free Character Move service and move their dead character to a non-Hardcore Classic Era realm. "

“… to a non-Hardcore Classic Era realm.” Them all or only one or two - that’s the question.

My guess you can go Pyrewood or Firemaw (like rom SoM). Drat those foreign players and RPers.

Well there is Пламегор (Flamegor) PvP Classic Era but it has been emptied with free transfer to Firemaw PvP Classic Era, but since it is empty we probably ain’t greeting FCT there.

Yes, I read it too! This could be guessed from the previous news. But my question remains: If I transfer the character and there will be (in classic era server) a name reserved problem, then what happens?

Does the system automatically offer the rename option?
I not yet transferred a character in retail wow, so I don’t know what happens in such situations.

But it’s not important anymore. This will quickly become apparent after a few hours after starting. :grinning:

Yes. That is how it works already when you do transfers today - paid or FCT.

You get a temporary name like Iván6EA602, and when you try to enter the world, a prompt appear where you must enter a new name. You will not be able to enter the world before you have renamed the character (to a name that does not exist obviously).

It will automatically do yes. When you arrive your name would be like Ivà4&DFE%¤7 and on log in you propted to change name.

slightly different question, but it concerns names.
Is it safe to delete the character and create a new one with the same name without the risk of someone stealing the name in the meantime?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! This is the answer I was looking for. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The first word meand YES! :slight_smile:

Yes delete and immediately create a new character with the same name. The chance of someone else creating a character with the same name at the exact same moment is slim.
And if the deleted character was above level 30, the name is reserved for your account for 30 days.

4 Likes