Character screen and the huge delay in loading

Hey

Anyone else getting a 10 second delay on the character screen, it can’t be addons. It has been happening for the last few weeks.

My machine is decent and I’m using a good speed SSD.

I’ve tried a repair and it hasn’t worked.

I’ve tried a full UI reset by removing the WTF and Interface folders too. That made it take even longer.

8 Likes

Occasionally my loading screen hangs for a really long time. The bar doesn’t even move. I wonder if I’m going to get disconnected and then it will spring into action. It’s not a consistent issue though so I’ve not tried to do anything about it.

4 Likes

Same happening to me, Thought it was my HDD dying but i guess not.

Happens every log in or when changing realms.

Yup, it happens at times. My guess something at their side.

Its cus you are probably logging in in locations where there are a lot of other players. Your machine has to load all the details of other players that are in the vicinity. Try logging out in a less populated location.

I see a couple people misunderstanding what OP is saying. This isn’t about long loading screens after pressing log in on the character screen.

The post is about a long delay in characters appearing on the character menu after first opening the game or changing realms.

1 Like

Yes!!! Finally someone else brings this up, do me a favour and try switching realms and see if it drives you crazy with the slowest change in history?

3 Likes

Yeah I can also confirm this.

Slow loading of char screen when game starts.
Releam switching takes way more time then it used to be.
Loading screen time in-game is increased.

I thought it’s my nvidea driver but this isn’t the case.

1 Like

ever since bfa things have gone downhill for me stability wise.

1 Like

Yes! I can load any new game on max graphics, I can download 10gb im a blink of an eye: But entering the game or using a portal to Boralus takes like 5 min

2 Likes

yes. I knew it wasn’t me.

This is happening to me as well.

No, it’s after you enter your username and password or click on “PLAY”. You get “Connecting” and a few more boxes then it displays your characters, that’s when it happens. Changing realm also does the same thing. It’s not after you press “Enter World”.

I also suffer from this every single time I log in. Character screen takes ages to load. ALos happens every time I ask to select a different realm.

i noticed this too. last 2 weeks it started. loading screens in general seem alot longer

I’ve just realised I haven’t reported this as a bug ingame yet, I will next time I’m playing.

This only happens to me when I switch realms, and I’ve never been able to find a fix for it.

It never happens when I first log onto my home realm so I don’t notice it unless I switch.

There is a short thread about it under technical support right now, please post in it to show it is more widespread than they might think.

I made a post about this: WoW freezes when switching realms/login

It works fine on the PTR but on live it freezes. I tried reinstalling, tried deleting cache, WTF and addons, tried disabling background apps - no change whatsoever. This is a problem on Blizzards side.

I’ve been having the same problem for 2-3 weeks now, and I contacted the DevTeam but as far as I can see, they don’t know what is causing this problem, they also are aware of this problem, and they suggested me to delete some of my programs that I had on PC (Like Discord, TeamViewer, SteelSeries Engine etc.) and all I could see is desperate moves, also they redirected me here to keep myself up to date if anyone finds a solution, which gave me the impression “Dude, I know nothing I’m doing right now, I’m just suggesting.” Sorry but that how you look like DevTeam.