Charges on poisons are just...annoying?

I’m all for the classic experience but I don’t remember charges on poisons being this annoying. It costs mat to create poisons, it costs bag space and I’m okay with that. It’s not great, not terrible…However having charges on poisons means that I don’t even bother applying them in dungeons, seeing as they wear off in 5 minutes. This isn’t beneficial for neither me nor my team.
I can’t seem to find anything positive about having charges on poison. Does anyone disagree?

1 Like

Soooooo classic is a recreation of the game how it was. What is “positive” makes no difference to anything.

Paladins buff every 5 minutes! As you level up poisons have more charges and it becomes bearable.

I recommend using macros: I have a few buttons where click applies the poison on my main hand, alt+click on the off-hand.

1 Like

You could apply that logic to most things, but here I am to tell you that it’s trying to be ‘realistic’ – in terms of RPG elements.

You can’t cast fire spells on Fire Elementals, they’re immune to them, mail delivery takes an hour if it’s a large parcel because someone presumably ‘delivers it in game’, and poisons wear off because you … used up all the poison you applied.

What’s there not to love? All of these things just make sense.

16 Likes

Rogues not happy enough that their class is the most assisted no IQ class. Boohoo.

It is how it is. Poisons used to have charges, charges used to make poisons last 5 minutes.

Nothing to see here, moving on.

3 Likes

Classic WoW is much more RPG orientated.
If you coat your daggers in poison, it will only last for so many stabs before all the effective poison is gone.

Part of what makes Classic superior, for me at least, is these little RPG elements. Requiring reagents for certain spells.

Rogues are wonderful, using a whole slew of dirty tricks. Blinding powder, vanishing powder (think throwing a little ball of smoke and using it to vanish) And poisons. Yea, it costs reagents, which costs money. But that’s why we’re pickpockets. Most boxes you steal from NPC’s have poison reagents, which you can either use, or sell to purchase higher versions. I love all the reagents Rogues need. It really gives me the feel of playing dirty.

I do however, understand your frustration, even though five minutes is probably a little bit of an exaggeration. What it gives is so much more.

7 Likes

Thanks for the replies guys. You’re right in the RPG aspect.

4 Likes

5 minutes? ) I need to apply Battle Shout every 2 minutes, and keep it constantly. I think applying poisons when healers drink in dungeons should be allright. All this details, like poison charges, I like em a lot.

8 Likes

It gets better once you get higher levels, poison at 60 has way more charges and usually last the whole duration.

Did you get stabbed in the back or something? Because that is quite the frustrated reply. Remember us rogues are people just like you and we are not a hive-mind that acts the same.

2 Likes

My lvl 60 poison always runs out of time instead of charges.

1 Like

Higher level poisons have more charges.

3 Likes

Exactly. ^^

2 Likes

Right? It’s like “This is my bag of tricks, and it is my responsibility. I have to care for it, and it will keep me safe and sound. But if I neglect it, and find myself without crucial components in the back of a deep cave, I am freaking vulnerable, and I have no-one to blame but myself.”

Honestly, having a bag just full of (limited) adventuring supplies was something I really missed. Getting back into a capital really feels like coming back home: You sell your loot, you repair your gear, you restock your potions, your food, your poisons, your powders, maybe learn a new trick or two - before you head out again for adventure.

3 Likes

“It costs mat and bagspace to create poisons.”

Hunters who needs to buy ammo, food for their pet, water/food for themselves and a quiver/pouch instead of a bag want’s a word.

Sure. Kappa

Ah, one of those ‘twitch edgelords’.

Like Kyph is saying, you get more charges when leveling up your poisons.
My instant Poison has 115 charges and lasts almost the 30 minutes they are active. It might cost you a few gold and take up bag space but i can assure you its worth the extra damage.

1 Like

Exactly, Rogues use a whole slew of materials in order to gain advantage in fights, every class has reasons to come back to a city. It’s why the whole innkeeper “queue” was a thing. A party in DnD usually starts in a main town where they rest, re-supply, get a mission, and find other adventurers (new players, just starting an adventure) It’s all part of the fantasy, and it’s wonderful to have it all back again :slight_smile: