Class Balance Changes – February 26, 2020

We’re working on a series of hotfixes to adjust class balance. We currently plan to implement the following changes with weekly maintenance (the morning of February 26 in this region):

Classes

• Druid Restoration
    • Rejuvenation now costs 10% base mana (from 10.5%).
    • Efflorescence now costs 17% base mana (from 21.6%).
    • Tranquility direct healing increased 11%.
      • Developers’ notes: These changes should improve Restoration Druid’s raid healing output, without much impact to their already strong capabilities in dungeons and Arenas.
  • Hunter Marksmanship
    • Damage of all abilities increased by 5%.
  • Monk Windwalker
    • Damage of all abilities increased by 5%. Damage unchanged in PvP.
  • Mage Frost
  • Shaman Enhancement
    • Damage of all abilities increased by 3%.
  • Warlock Demonology

Player vs. Player

• Tank Specializations
    • Tank specialization player characters now take an additional 50% damage from enemy players (was 40%).
  • Death Knight
  • Unholy, Frost
    • Death Strike now heals for 30% of damage taken when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 40%).
    • Death Strike now heals for a minimum of 5% of maximum health when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 10%).
  • Blood
    • Death Strike now heals for 19% of damage taken when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 25%).
    • Death Strike now heals for a minimum of 3.5% of maximum health when engaged in combat with enemy players (was 7%).
  • Mage
  • Frost
    • Ice Barrier now absorbs 40% less damage when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Fire
    • Blazing Barrier now absorbs 40% less damage when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Arcane
    • Prismatic Barrier now absorbs 40% less damage when engaged in combat with enemy players.
  • Warlock
  • Affliction, Destruction
    • Demon Armor now increases Stamina by 5% (was 10%).
    • Demon Armor now increases Armor by 90% (was 150%).
4 Likes

Gotta crack down on those pesky affliction locks in pvp, they’re out of control!

6 Likes

YES!!!
Cough* I mean… this is great news I can finally kill Blood DK’s LOL :wink:

Nice to see you guys trying to balance some things. I rly hope more nerfs are coming to some of the out of control specs. Nerfs to locks and dk is big, please give rogue and dh a similar treatment.

And what did shaman do to only deserve a 3% buff? :slight_smile: not that it matter, since even with lets say 15% damage buff, they just fall apart as soon as you hit them anyway.

Can we PLEASE get the vessels to stack? I do not see any reason why they must be one inventory slot for one vessel ? PLEASE? You Blizz have been cluttering my inventory since Mechagon and Nazj already I do not need more stuff needlessly cluttering it…
Thanks.

3 Likes

Im looking forward to see these changes on live servers. Even if they are numerical changes , they seem to be justified allowing some specs to compete again but i cant find the nerfs of Havoc specialazation.

Are the devs smoking some waky baky?

I only ask because which fecking retard thought nerfing mages barriers by 40% for pvp was in any way justified?

Most class’s already blow through them like they are not there and you want to make one of the worst defensive class’s even more easy to kill in pvp?

2 Likes

Happy Hunter Noises

3 Likes

account wide essences when?! it’s really time consuming to get into previous raid tiers and clear and farm over and over, not to mention blood of the enemy… hello @blizzdevs?! this is something the entire community wants, wake up already, thank you

1 Like

You missed S Priest :’(

1 Like

I’ve updated the OP above with three further adjustments:

1. Windwalkers will not have their damage increased in PvP situations.
  2. For Unholy and Frost DKs, Death Strike healing is being taken down to 30% in PvP.
  3. For Blood DKs, Death Strike healing is being taken down to 19% in PvP.
1 Like

you seem abit out of touch with your game LOL some fantastic changes there ahahaha

1 Like

Never gonna moan about a dps buff, even if I’m usually healing :slight_smile:

Meanwhile demon hunters are continuing to smirk. Look at them points. Look at those smug little faces as they full clear visions solo without stressing!

I see no changes for paladin.
Makes sense cause perfection can not be improved :woman_mechanic:

P.S. We’d like to move more pls fix

1 Like

So why isn’t the same being done for M+ or raids with other specs, We get that discipline and shadow were ahead in 8.2 raids but those last nerfs only put them on an ever worse spot, shadow feels mediocre compared to others.

See, here is yet another example, a spec that is already dominating every single aspect of the game but NOT mythic raids, so you buff them… Cool. But then there is a spec that is only doing good in mythic raids and bad/average in other content compared to how other specs preform… They’re just left as they are ?

Dont you see the ridiculousness in this ?

3 Likes

Mage is the strongest class in the game, l2p

Still missing DH, assa rogue and ww nerfs, also cocoon on mw

1 Like

Clearly your experience is all that maters, Im sure your lvl 23 mage is super experienced at all end game content and pvp, oh wait a moment, nope your just a moron.

Well if you do check this level 23 mage profile - achievments - pvp - arena / rbg ++ you quickly see this is someone experienced in rated pvp.

Completely agree. The hard thing about facing a mage isn’t to kill it, but to survive it.

A damage nerf of some kind could have made sense though.

1 Like