Class Order Hall mounts

As I am on the journey to get all 12 class mounts (A bit late, I know), I was considering the idea of using the mage flying disc as an IC mount for my Shal’Dorei.

So now I have a question:

Who here uses their Class Order Hall mount IC, and what is it’s backstory?

I do not use the mage one IC (as I don’t have a mage yet) But I think it can be used as a magical powered disc, made by a Techno-mage/Arcane engineer. Perhaps powered by runes, Runestones or recharged each week or so.

The one I use IC, and the only one I grinded, is the Paladin one for my Human, being just a Holy Charger named Tenador, and it’s backstory is similar to the Charger mount in classic/the Class Hall mount itself; which is a Skeletal charger of a Death Knight, restored with a Holy, enchanted barding, able to be summoned when called upon.
Although I don’t have the flying part considered IC for it.

5 Likes

I use the arcane mage one as a mechamagical disc. Off the top of my head I can’t think of any other class mount I use though.

Edit: I also think I only have mage, shaman, warlock and hunter.

1 Like

I use the frost mage one. It’s just a magical, enchanted disc that can be summoned at will and controlled with the power of one’s thoughts. The backstory is just pretty much that Laurenn wanted something to fly with, and looked into learning how to use the disc instead of a more traditional mount. It took her a while to learn controlling the disc and flying. She can cast some basic magic (pretty much just the frostbolts, shadowbolts and other simple stuff) while on the disc too, now that she’s grown more used to it. I believe there were some mage mobs in WotLK that were floating on discs and using them for combat?

3 Likes

I’m dissapointed not many people use the Huner class mount - seems RP friendly, especially for wild friendly hunter RP.

1 Like

I recall it actually being one of the worse ones, since the way you get it is so specific, what with being an animal called forth through a bond with a spirit in Odyn’s hunting grounds.

11 Likes

The hunter one is a beast that only exists as a few named NPCs in game. Trying to justify how/where you got it is not really lore friendly.

I’ve used the mage as just a flying disc powered by arcane on one of my old and powerful magisters. And the paladin as just a fancy charger.

While I have them all, having got them towards the end of legion, I don’t use others IC

6 Likes

I use quite a few of the paladin ones. Just a fancy charger.

Currently using the DH one on my DH until i can get the charhound. Its just a fel bat, DH’s use it all the time.

My Vulpera shaman is using the shaman one, just an elemental they summoned.

2 Likes

I prefer the TBC Charger for its complementary looks, as a Blood Knight. The ‘red’ themed Order Hall Charger isn’t quite there yet, at least for my taste. A small inconvenience is that the old paladin charger can’t fly, but what can you do.

My warlock, however, uses the Order Hall Dreadsteed IC, the fiery variant, but as you all know the Netherlord’s is special so IC it is just another Xorothian Dreadsteed with armour crafted on the demon world we took over :smiling_imp:

I feel like the warlock coven, with all its specialized denizens that can help craft the look and obtain the steed in the first place, is the perfect excuse for such dreadsteeds being widespread.

3 Likes

Oh my god, I completely forgot about the wrathsteed.

I use the purple one as a dreadsteed on my warlock, since he is an affliction warlock, he more deals with shadow so his dreadsteed is purple.

3 Likes

Most mounts are very fitting for the class without screaming “I am special!”.

They serve as an HD mount, and these days it’s surprisingly hard to find a mount that doesn’t seem like a raid boss out of some raid. Many class hall mounts are very clean in this regard. I’d say go for it.

2 Likes

What if I bred my own?

What you think only Odyn the Grand Sulker is able to crossbreed a wolf and a hawk? I’ll have you know I spent years walking back and forth outside the pokémon daycare centre. I’m an EXPERT.

7 Likes

The warrior mount and class story was so trash in Legion, they really dropped the ball big time there.

But of course some use them, I’m one of these players. I even got the tamable beast pet for the class. I use the green wolfhawk with one of my best transmog sets for that class/race combo:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/draenor/highsun

I’ll bring the character over to AD at one point - but I’m not willed to cash out 25€ for a stupid transfer.

1 Like

What even was the warrior class mount? I don’t at all remember it haha

Shame your abilities on a mount are limited in terms of in game mechanics. If only Blizz gave us cosmetical shooting or casting animations, that could be cast while mounted.

2 Likes

It’s a red proto-drake if I recall correctly.

The power of metal you know.

actually, it changes colour depending on your spec.

its either; red, black or purple.

EDIT: If it was one colour regardless, I might have considered using it.

I don’t really like the ones that change on spec.

1 Like

I don’t think it makes much sense for warriors, but DKs I don’t mind it, even if it doesn’t match Elly’s gear while in blood spec.

Yeah, I don’t use the DK one either because of that. i only like the blue colour and Frost is not my favourite spec.

At all.

Though, its grown on me since taking a break from Blood.