Class Tuning Incoming – 9 August

Honestly I don’t think these nerfs change anything. The most you’ll see is Disc Ret instead of Sp Hpal but even that’s contentious.

I mean that warrior (Gelly) is the same warrior I ran with in main team last season, he’s always arms and he always cranks. I know biz runs fury though this season, and he was playing 50/50 last season arms fury.

1 Like

Sadly true.

They were better off holding these nerfs off til season 3, where they have time to implement alot of changes to add things up

Also brand new season will hit ptr to be tested meaning itd be balancable.

Didnt they hit this wall at the end of season 3 in SL and we saw the nerfs delayed in the end?

Me and my bois actually feel the nerfs. It takes us longer to complete a key after the latest corrections, and they do them again next week. I dunno if we gonna push further at this rate.

2 Likes

I mean yeah you’ll definitely feel them. But you still need a priest, you still bring an aug, you still play bear, you still bring mage, and you still kinda need a paladin for freedoms in a lot of places. The hpal nerfs are the biggest thing here.

2 Likes

Shadow nerfs are realy heavy handed. It hits where it hurts. Vt20% is just brutal alongside with aparations.
While the damage wasnt even the main issue…but its the laziest and easiest way how to “tune” sp…

Like last time they buffed our st to compensate a bit…this time they completely murdered the spec.

3 Likes

True. I don’t like that they are trying to turn us into just a set of CDs instead of letting us heal. The previous healing nerfs have been pretty palpable, now I’m kinda scared for the ones next week…

2 Likes

3% st

6-8% m+ depending how big you pulled and how long stuff lived.

It’s a noticeable nerf, means shadow is like middle of the pack on aoe now instead of upper middle. But it’s not enough to make not bringing a priest a viable option in like half of the current keys.

Which means knowing bliz more nerfs are coming…

Considering the healer popularity in m+ is at a all time low, i have to admit this one shocked me the most, im curious to if their better route would delaying the hpaladin nerfs til season 3 and buffing the other healers upwards.

Nerfing the Best healer right now seems like itd do damage to a dwindling role as of right now

3 Likes

When you post with your main maybe i will read you. Nerfs are not OK. They have to balance ALL not doing this, destroying classes.

Maybe some buff to the rest of the healers, reworks on monk… they just closed season to people that has tittle and the person like me that reroll and try to get it, just… ruin our season

Cant wait to see what they will do with the spec in s3 when we lose 4p and the dungeons wont be so “pls bring priest” oriented…

My bet is absolutely nothing.

1 Like

Like delay this nerfs until 10.2. All you accomplish is destroying m+.

1 Like

Eh. Its a double edged sword.

Lots consider m+ already destroyed post 10.1.5 becsuse its taken a huge step backwards in terms of balance, game hasnt been this lopsided in a long time.

But yeah, this will also nerf the bleeding edge who were pushing to end of season which removes their end gsme because its going to potientally mean a rio score achievable tofay may not be next week.

The holy paladin nerfs imho are the only real big hitters tho realisticslly, they i think do need delaying. Im already finding myself waiting longer for a healer by quite a bit compared to any other role, let alone the damage this will do.

But yeah, i guess considering they ended up lsst minute reverting the due nerfs to surv hunter and destro during S3 SL, this seems like a repeat of the exact same move they said they didnt agree with last time.

Shadow

• Vampiric Touch damage reduced by 20%.
  • Shadow Word: Pain damage reduced by 15%.
  • Shadowy Apparition damage reduced by 15%

Ouch!

Also the holy paladin and augvoker nerfs and no buffs to other healers mean it will once again be very hard to find healers for m+.

1 Like

Yeee, why didnt they buff up other options :joy:

The buffs seem to be extremely light, while nerfs applied thick seems like a weird combo.

I just don’t understand the constant nerfs to Shadow priest damage, never seen any of them top the meters or just barely at best.

3 Likes

Because theyre played un every top group issue is its not spriests damage that is earning them that spot. Byt blizz doesnt seem to have reliesed that.

Are you really this out of touch?

mwah.

Class changes instead of fixing the fundamental issues that the dungeons have is only a little silly i guess.

2 Likes

Blizzards new balance philaosphy.

Hammer the top, sprinkle a small increase to a couple of speccs and wonded why the top keys come crashing downwards.

2 Likes