Classes and Item Tuning Incoming - 4 May

It’s too weak in pve and too strong in pvp. I think the team doing the balancing is completely screwed up.

Dear devs,

I hope you guys might wanna rethink this nerf.
If you are after the damage of BDK then their are so much different ways to nerf this then touching the survivability of the class.

• You can alter the strength
  • You can cap the buff to 25 stacks or even less.
  • You can reduce damage of DRW
  • Make the stacks give less % of strength

I hope the devs will rethink this nerf not because it touches our damage just because it touches our survivability in M+ and raiding.
It is the first time this class has seem some light in M+ since BFA season 1 and has seen some good raid time since Nzoth mythic.

8 Likes

You CANNOT be serious with this BDK nerf - Offensively there were many ways to nerf the spec but this specific nerf also hits its defense hard. In terms of defense bdk will drop 40% parry, a 30-50% STR modifier on bone shield armour (at least 500 armour on avg btw), additional bone shield charge generation and 8.8% total health (conduit) prematurely by roughly 9-12sec depending on the context. This kind of defensive nerf is completely ridiculous and unnecessary.

3 Likes

so …

WHERE IS SHADOWS BUFFS IN AOE WE STILL DO LESS DAMAGE THAN A BM HUNTER. :frowning:

1 Like

While I think most agree that nerfing bdk is justified, the way these changes will impact bdk does make me wonder how thought-out this whole ordeal is.

• Not having DRW fully up is gonna make for some hellish pulls and is borderline unplayable in high keys. Pulling high fortified mobs will just downright kill you within a global if you drop your DRW which makes the changes not expressable in a % but rather in an 1 and a 0.

• It removes the fun minigame aspect of keeping DRW up and just completely overhauls how you play the game.

• The current changes will hit hard to those who played it perfectly to get 100% uptime. Unfortunately, it will hit even harder to those who didn’t quite manage to play it perfectly. It makes an already punishing tank even more punishing.

I really hope that the devs together with the community can come to a different (set) of changes that puts bdk in line with other tanks without majorly affecting their viability in high keys.

A low hanging fruit suggestion is of course capping the strength gained from the tier-set. I do think it addressess the strong points of bdk quite nicely and it gives an easy knob to spin for further balancing without affecting the playstyle.

6 Likes

Rarely do I post or replay on forums, but for this occasion I will.

Please blizzard do not go through with this nerf to BDK, The play-style/build that this tier piece has enabled is incredibly enjoyable and fun, and I was even hoping, that rather then to flat out remove it, you would try and double down on this play-style/build for Dragonflight and incorperate it into the new talent trees. BDK has never been as fun to play as it is now, and not only that but it also fixed the issue of BDK´s being notoriously bad at tanking/surviving high level keys.

I understand a nerf to our damage and survivability is in order to keep BDK in line with other tanks, but the gab is not large enough to warrant this massive blow, please nerf us/BDK with the mind-set of keeping the play-style/build intact, so please nerf the amount of stacks we are able to obtain from the 4-p, how quickly we can obtain stacks, the parry chance of DRW, and/or the damage caused from the dancing weapons themself.

Again I understand a nerf is justified but I do not believe this change was done with the right mind-set.

5 Likes

Please consider altering the DK nerf, it will take fun out of the playstyle.

6 Likes

This is by far the worst way to nerf dk set.

4 Likes

That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought out objection.

Overuled.

Reminds me how bliz decided to nerf the 1min fire mage combustion. It was op but fun.

So bliz nerfed the fun playstyle rather than the damage.

It’s either bliz just don’t give a shot or are completely incompetent.

Let’s just hope Microsoft can sack some staff and shake things up positively.

Why would devs think it’s okay to nerf a tank’s core playstyle this far in the patch. Obviously bdk becomes unplayable in mythic Jailer and every bdk in any semi-hardcore guild will have to think twice and highly likely end up rerolling otherwise they’ll definitely be replaced on jailer mythic.

Might want to consider that MDI uses max level templates and bdk being the only tank that has a 285 big big value Gavel weapon. Also massive substat value, just scales better than most tanks. In the actual game a bdk with normal stats 270 won’t do much more than other tanks in m+.

Also there’s way more other tanks, next to BDK, being represented than in season one where you only seen VDH and just a hint of gdruid once in a while. Now there’s more vdh still and even others. The skill cap for bdk is quite high and even the top players would need time to get used to it so they’re going to stick with the spec they’re used to. But obviously in time with the gear template (Gavel) they’ll all go for BDK at some point.

Now BDK have chosen their vault options and spend their capped valor on haste items. Haste had a value above 4,3 dps per haste on average which is insane for ST and another reason why MDI templates will lean more towards BDK as well as endgame gear (+gavel).
Eg. after the nerf instead of 4,3 dps per haste it’ll become 1,6 dps per haste for my bdk which will become the lowest stat. I will obviously instantly retire that toon since it won’t be able to keep up competitively

Just nerf the str, that’ll perserve stat priority, rotation and only slightly hurt the mitigation issues yet it’ll solve the so called “OMG BDK” problem that people illegitimately have.

1 Like

theres total of 6 healer specs in the game.
1 of those 6 specs has over 50% representation in 2v2&3v3
and this is not enough for u to react? this is like 3rd balance with holypriest(pvp) untouched?!?!
like what the actual F!?

Something I already posted on the bdk forum:

If you look at the top 40 alliance eu mythic plus ranking (which of course is not representing everything, but it is the data I play in and I am aware of), there are not even many death knights in it. Rank 1 is a monk, there are plenty of monks, paladins and dh in that.

I get that our ST damage is too high, especially in raids, but on the AE side other classes can compete with death knights easily. Broken items like the mythic gavel or ows shouldnt break a complete class for people who are not even able to obtain these.

This nerf hits bdk in m+ so absurdly hard. Its just too much. That ppl take even MDI into consideration is understandable, but simply not fair. After last season guardians presence and season 1 vdh representation, there is always one who will be picked for speed runs.

And still, mdi represents like the smallest ever player range that exists kinda. Its speed runs on lower keys from exceptional players. That is not the base nor the average.

I get that on horde side death knights are represented way more in high keys than on alliance side. And again, I dont mind a small damage nerf. I mind the defense nerf, which will put us way behind monks and demon hunters, who are ALREADY competing with death knights. Its not like death knights are the only played class in high mythic plus. Rarely it were seen so many tank classes on the top.

Please dont break this with this harsh change.

1 Like

Dear Blizzard you say you listen to your community so here I come.
I choose to play blood Death knight this tier for the “Sepulcher of the First Ones”, we are coming soon on Jailer Mythic and with this nerf all the resources I put in my blood dk will become bad (Vault/M+ Vaillance), with the possibility of becoming really bad on jailer because your boss hurt like hell with his melee hit. I would really love if you don’t kill two months of investment on this character without saying why you do the Nerf this way, especially when the community giving you way of doing it without killing the spec.
I agree we do too much damage, but why not Nerf the Jailer weapon which is too strong (I mean the 259 jailer weapon is better than the 278 skolex one), or the maximum number of stack / the amount of strength they give, if the problem is Mythic plus related then maybe look into the fact that the kyrian abylity with unity give back rune when spread to new target so unlimited spam Hearth strike. The fact we can have a good uptime on the weapon do give us the benefit of not having to much aggro problem in mythic plus so if the nerf come i will say have fun getting the aggro on the big bursty dps, might need to look into this aggro thingy in dungeon btw…
Just gutting the fun gameplay and defensive that the set gives us doesn’t seem right. The people who will get hit hard by this nerf will be the average player and not the top tier player. The more you play average this spec the more this nerf will hit you hard.

So please do Nerf us, but not this way, people are having fun and it’s way too late into the patch. (If it was at the start of the patch or a major balance like 9.2.5 I wouldn’t have said anything but I’m and people are still progressing the raid.)

In hope you read this. Inadk

this is due to stupid MDI race where everything is broken people have access to the most insane gear such as jailer 285weapon and such pulls are so unreal and blizzard decided to gut Bdk due to every team picked up bdk lets ruine everyone gameplay cuz of stupid MDI race i really legit hope blizzard reconsider this nerf which should take place in big patches not in middle of people progress
but the only class that will get such a treatment is mage i dont think they reconsider this change like they did for mages

2 Likes

While I understand the need for a nerf to the blood DK set I would suggest a different approach to it.

A few things that blood DK struggle with is threat and survivability. That is, outside of DRW windows. So the tier set actually made us very viable to counter our weaknesses. The nerf causes a weird situation to form. There will be many situations where its better to still keep pressing heart strike even when at full runic power. Just to try and maintain our DRW to help with the survivability. It breaks the general rule of blood DK → About to cap runic power? Time to death strike! For most casual players the rule goes “its never bad to death strike” Sure they don’t death strike at ideal times, but it was never a bad thing to use. Now with this nerf it will become a real detrement to death strike in some situations.

I would suggest the nerf to be changed, keep the 0.5second increase but nerf the str per stack. Bring it back to 0.5% but increase the stack cap to 100. This way the str cap is 50% instead of 75% and it takes longer to reach.

So our damage ramps up slower and caps out lower. The lowered str also reduces our survivability slightly so thats is also achieved by doing this.

It will bring DK down into line a lot better while keeping the fast paced combat and fun rotation that the current unnerfed set provides.

If 0.5% isn’t enough it can even be brought down to 0.4% so it caps at 40% max (if the stack cap is increased to 100 as suggested) or something like that.

True haha

Those trinkets are disgusting all. They struggle so bad in balancing the classes, how shall they balance those trinkets in addition to that? Impossible.

1 Like

May the 4th be with us all.

Do you guys ever know how to balance properly?!

Nerf the strength bonus and not the rune weapon uptime… Jesus…

This really goes to show how clueless you clowns really are. Takes forever for you to release a patch and during that period you are incapable of correctly balancing your creations. To add further insult to injury you kneejerk nerf based on what we can only assume is the MDI, which in reality is how nobody plays the game. Yes I am referring to DK set changes, this patch has nothing more to offer, everything has been completed, there is no reason to destroy a class set at this point. Take your nerfs back to the drawing board and come back with something more sensible in 9.2.5

2 Likes