Classic - ADDON FREE server?

I understand the need of addons for many. Of course if you are new to the game and lack game-sense, overview and skills you’ll probably need addons in order to rank with other players.

But for those of us who think addons have gone out of hand for Blizzard, I simply wish the most simple solution, make a server without any addons.

• No more inflation due to Actioneer add-on (only those who spent tons of time into Excel will be able to take advantage of the marked like it is now)
  • No more spying on the world around you, seeing if stealh is nearby.
  • No more DBM which tells you what to do on every single boss fight and when.
  • No more enemy casting bar, debuff duration, abilities that prog or enemy cooldowns.

Give us back the true feeling of Vanilla where maybe the very few used add-ons or where the addons were very primitive.

So why not - why not just make a addon free server? Blizzard - we know you got the skills. Let the hardcore players have a place to be - we left you once because you ignored our demands and we probably will once again if you do nothing.

3 Likes

You wear very thick rose colored glasses about vanilla addons…
Very early on, you had addons that totally automated gameplay ! They choose which spell to cast, and you could even travel automatically while afk. Addons in classic are a joke compared to what was possible back then.

So if you think the “true feeling of Vanilla” is without addons… then you are terribly wrong.

9 Likes

You are able to “auto follow” targets with addons now. - You are able to auto-res, auto-repair, auto-dismount and so on with addons now.

Back in Vanilla the majority didn’t use as many addons as they do today, otherwise a homepage such as thottbot wouldn’t be such a huge hit.

But whatever - all I really care about it a place for skilled players to be. People who wants to play the game as it is made to start with.

What advanced addons did we use? I had flight connector as the most advanced addon. Untill blizzard decided to connect the flightpaths.
But we dint have dbm and stuff like that.
We had CT-mod yee, moveable bags (which we cant even get now) mail mod. because we needed it. Untill blizzard implementet them into the game.

You could do this and MUCH more back in Vanilla.

Possibly, but they were way more powerful.
Dispell automatically with one button ? Heal with the right spell with one button ? A one button combat rotation ? Click a button, go afk , and travel automatically ? Combat and grind mobs automatically ? All this got nerfed and those exploits removed, but they existed back then and were legal through addons.

As I said, you either have long term memory problems, or your rose colored glasses are way too thick, or you just never played vanilla.

erm? we didnt use mods for that. We made our own macros
And when they introduced global cooldowns, all the caster sequence macros became useless.

1 Like

BigWigs and CTRA were both available in Vanilla.

What…? Movable bags are a basic action bar addon function. Dominos and Bartender both let you move bags.
'tf do you get your addons from, some kind of addon bargain basement?

Maybe a few people had more ppwerful addons, but the amount of people is the same or less than the amount of people using other hacks.

So you never got to feel like dominated by the orhers use of addons. The AH was way less dominated than today.

Yet I still don’t understand your problem? You get to keep your addons, no migration fee and no more people with less than 10 addons on your server (even ground) - if they just simply make a hardcore server.

I recall it being a raid requirement that you had decursive, which at the time was completely automated: you simply spammed the keybind and it would select a friendly target who needed cleansing and cast the appropriate spell. I really don’t think Vanilla was ever addon free.

2 Likes

On some realms Black Lotus is 20g on others 120g. Is it an addon fault or market development?

This is becoming a meme addon by now…

I guess it has really a lot of talking… although I find it funny to have Onyxia narrated by “wipe animation” :smiley:

Yet modern, more experienced players would still dominate over you. They would dominate making money, playing the AH, raiding, PvP… Raids would still be cleared day one. Classic is quite inclusive so I don’t see a point with your problems. Play with not against other players. You will have richmons and mythicmons in you raid group or guild.

1 Like

If you skip the “hardcore / skilled” parts of your post, I totally agree. I do not use add-ons, never did - only some for fun ones like Speedy Gonzales and a snapshot one :wink: . I am very casual ans like to see the world as it was intended. I would re-roll on an add-on fre PvE server if ever it was opened. I’d LOVE not to be in the defensive whenever I tell that the only add-on, I use is the one removing the big, bad open all mail-button for in-game mail.

what are you on about? moveablebags addon was THE most used addon in the game. It was small and didnt rely on modpacks to work. It was standalone. And due to its popularity, it was one of the very first community addons to be implemented in the game.

There are many types of addons,
for example Unit frames addon help but will not effect the game play,
Addons like enemy cast bar,spy,debuff tracker though are addons that are game breaking regarding gameplay and especially pvp.
Last but not least addons like DBM or BW make the game (especially a 13 old game ) so dull and effortless that eventually you are gonna get so bored doing those raids that you ll quit!

1 Like

I’m on about you claiming we can’t get movable bags now.
And action bar addons that let you move your bags have been common since Vanilla.
You seem to have some weird idea about widely used addons that did standard stuff being ludicrously rare or non-existent.

We can change the words to whatever. My wish is very simple - make a server without addons. See how it goes - there’s nothing to lose really.

I am sorry if some people got offended by my assertion that addons help out many players to even stand a chance in PvE and PvP.

I dont need addons to pwn in pve or pvp just play like a true gamer

Well don’t - just like I don’t use any :slight_smile: but would be nice to play on a fair ground.

#NoChanges.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.