Classic Era - Annual Scourge Invasion and Ahn'Qiraj event

This must be the 100th post I’ve seen on here asking for an annual repeat of the Scourge invasion and Ahn’Qiraj event. Has there ever been any acknowledgement of the player base’s request for this?

Being able to complete this on new characters or for those who never got a chance in the first place would be great both from an enjoyment and completionism point of view.

I don’t think we should be gate keeping these events due to them passing, I’m sure it would draw many people back to Classic Era and as mentioned above, give those who never got a chance to experience the events and gain some cool items.

3 Likes

Yeah, not sure why they haven’t implemented this since it would be very popular and increase their subs.

1 Like

They are what they are because they were one time thing. Scarab lord title is useless if anyone can get it.
I also think classic won’t get worse without people comin only for hype

Scourge invasion was actually a 2-time thing: once Naxx opened in 2006 and then later when WotLK was released in 2008.

Blizzard has brought it back through the re-release of Classic though? I personally don’t see the point in gate keeping things like this behind the event ending. It’s also not like the Ahn’Qiraj event is an easy task and so would remain an impressive achievement in my opinion, even with a chance every year to obtain it.

What’s the harm in allowing people to go after these items/mounts/titles once they have got the chance if they missed it the first time round?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.