Classic is for a year, TBC is for life

Remember when sodapoppin / asmoncuck asked for classic for 10 years and then both quit before bwl release

1 Like

So two random players who I’ve never heard of quit, which proves nobody plays WoW Classic?

I’m starting to think you’re a bored troll come over from retail to spam the thread and wind people up.

1 Like

u wanna compare completed raid logs between classic and retail? :clown_face:

I don’t even know why we’re wasting our time with this idiot - he’s one of those wall of no-ers who’s just 3-4 years late and doesn’t realize nobody cares anymore.

Dw they’ll come back once WotLK release is close to once again tell us that nobody would play the game. And so on and so forth. In fact, it makes you wonder why he even bothers considering that, according to him, nobody’s playing the game - who’s he talking to, exactly? Ghosts?

6 Likes

Yep, seems so. Still, being a ghost is kind of cool…

BOO! :ghost:

Shattered Halls Heroic.

more like ‘shat in my trousers help me.’

1 Like

One warrior tank friend of mine from back then eloquently described Shattered Halls heroic as a “pole in the a*s” :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I am prepared to throw my life away once TBC releases.

5 Likes

It is true, the elements have foretold our arrival through the dark portal.
My quest will be to make sure they are protected from our chinese friends.

Started classic last year , got to level 58 , then uninstalled the game
hype

I remember seeing posts like this about Vanilla before Classic came out.

Before Classic’s release, there was very few people clamoring for TBC servers.

“But…I always was”, yeah no, you wasn’t.

People are fickle. They like new. Even if ‘new’ is not new and just regurgitated from the past.

Looking forward to seeing people getting excited about WoTLK.

Classic or TBC. People can stay where they want.

If i was Blizzard I would:

1. Just release fresh classic servers every 18 months. with a limit to 10-15 realms EU depending on population. Merge the dead ones.
  2. Release TBC with fresh releases every 18 months and and learn from the lessons of Classic game. Also here merge the dead ones after the last phase.
  3. Ban gbid runs if you cant stop the bots.
  4. Prepare for a WotLk release in approx 2 years after TBC release and repeat above. After Lich Kings fall the game ended pretty much. These 3 versions were the best in WoW MMo history.

Servers management is key for a longterm subscription base of players. So as mentioned above merging dead ones and manage populations accordingly is a must. And 1-2 new servers for each version with fresh starts every 18 months wouldnt be wrong.

2 Likes

Will people be ok with sharding in TBC?

And before Nostalrius etc. very few people clamored for Vanilla servers.

Everything you say about TBC applies just as well to Vanilla. Yet here we are.

I will, if it means I have a chance at finding resource nodes in the outer world and as long as it’s not X-realm like on retail but more like layering in Classic.

2 Likes

I can’t post on my preferred forum character, there seems to be a new ban on posting on level 10s.

However if you search Grupp’s post history I think you’ll find that I was always in favour of TBC servers over everything else, stretching right back to 2012.

I made numerous posts stating that I’d be happy with vanilla realms, but TBC realms were what I would want the most.

1 Like

I agree. TBC is so much better than Classic. Arena, Raids, zones, specs, gear, AV. Everything really.

As a non warrior / mage / rogue, i am looking forward to it. I hope they force progress on existing servers so that i can level my Boomkin immediately.

Ps: on the other hand i am not looking forward to the sweaty community, but that is the price to pay for WoW’s best expansion (with the first half of wotlk up to ulduar ofc.).

4 Likes

Will people still hang out in Orgrimmar in TBC? I remember alliance still being in Ironforge a lot. The most fun I have in classic right now is ganking in Orgri. Hope I still can in TBC. >:D

Yeah I still remember Orgimmar being full. Remember Shattrath City doesn’t have an auction house in TBC.

1 Like

Yes absolutely. The more sharding the better. I was never not in favour of it.

Frankly questing areas that are packed like sardines (in my opinion) suck. Queuing for respawns sucks, competing with dozens of others to tag mobs sucks.

I know that many people seem to actually like this kind of thing, but I do not.

I’ll enjoy the overcrowded leveling areas while they last.
Makes the server look alive.
Now it’s rare to see anyone questing when everyone is buying gold and using boost services.