Classic lacks end game content to keep you engaged

Remasters are generally just the same game with (often optional) updated graphics and sounds. StarCraft: Remastered, for example.

Hey there! Sorry you feel like that! Like a few have said, maybe it just isn’t for you then.

Pvp in Vanilla shouldn’t be approached alone, you need to get a group together like you would for a dungeon or raid.

Try an Ironman/hardcore mode challenge. Try and get a raid together to kill one of the opposite factions city boss.

Level an alt or play another game in the meantime. There really is a lot to do if you just try and open yourself up to fun. I think players these days feel they can only do things that they get some kind of progression from. Just chill and bum around. Get lost in the sandbox.

1 Like

People make posts like this all the time.

Please use something concrete instead of all this vague; “It was so good when it was good, but like… Things have changed. Things are just different and changes are left right and center. If only things has been made as good things all these bad things would not be so bad.”

Please. Again. What do you think has changed and what would you like to be different? What was in vanilla which isn’t here now that you are refering to right now?

And don’t say 1.10 AV or people’s mentality.

No.

Classic lacks end game content that keeps YOU engaged.

1 Like

Sounds like a strange anomaly.

https://www.projecthorseshoe.com/reports/featured/ph18r8.htm

^ These will explain to you why you’re not as engaged as you used to be.

Retail suffers from the same problem, essentially. You just don’t have any social reason (which many people are often unaware of being a thing) to be queuing BGs if you’re not in a premade.

It’s unfortunately a downgrade in the social design (and consequently the potential for immersion) of BGs compared to what it was like in vanilla.

1 Like

What people forget is raiding wasn’t the end game of vanilla, it was part of it for sure… but not everyone got it, or even got far into it…
People hung around in vanilla as a giant chat room as much as anything else… it wasn’t unusual to find full t2 people running scholo / strat randomly. Helping random people who /w them randomly while they happened to be standing in Ironforge or on a bird in a particular zone
People have forgot that aspect, this 1 and done, The I have my Pre BiS, 5man content can get bent I’m never setting foot in here again mentality didn’t exist back then. It’s like how you play the same maps over and over again in single player games back in the day. That was the gaming culture of the time and not the culture of me, myself and I we have now. I can vividly remember playing my hunter Which was pushing T2.5 content at the time helping random people in pugs wearing greens and blues in scholo just because I wasn’t doing anything better and it was fun to see what I could peel and solo. That wasn’t me being altruistic or anything. It’s just what people did.

3 Likes

Do you have lack of consumables? I think you do.

1 Like

I feel you on PvP. In Vanilla you could solo-que and enjoy a battleground vs other randoms but also face premades. Now it’s 90% premade which is sad from my perspective but completely fine if you are chasing ranks, since that’s your objective.

I feel you, you just want to do 4-5 WSG vs other random players and have a good time, not getting stomped by premades or vice versa. Winning all the time isn’t fun.

Ups and downs for Classic from my point of view:

Ups

• Leveling experience
  • Community
  • No fly (makes the world feel alive)
  • No LFR/LFG/xmog/Garrison/ 1 mil mounts / Achivements
  • PvP Class balance (each class is unique) -> Compared to last 4 expansions where every class had stun, sprint, heal etc. That’s just not fun.
  • 40 man raids
  • Professions matter a lot and very helpful
  • 2 huge continents to play on (not just a small island)
  • Proper World PvP (not p2 wpvp)
  • The world feels alive. At every level you’ll find players leveling

Downs

• Mid/Maxing not that I blame the ones who do this but eventually you’ll get burned out and not enjoy the game because u rushed (been there)
  • Too many premades / No Pug or Premade option.
  • Imbalanced factions (feel you Alliance brothers)
  • Lag, lag, lag and lag (this is Activision greed)
  • Bad AV version
  • Hardcore mentally passed down to others

And the biggest one for me is…
All of us used to be different persons back in 2004-2005 (I was 14 years old back then) we were more calm, friendly, had the patience to help others, discover the game, play the game as an adventure.

I completely understand that’s due to not having pressure from irl, kids, wife etc. and a lot of time on our hands but as a whole, we changed alot during these years to the better of worse and also the world around us.

Of course you will not enjoy Classic end game content if you previously played MoP, WoD, Legion or BFA because they are very different.

Remember, back in 2004 it took players 1 year to get to 60 or half and year depending on the knowledge, the leveling experience was a huge part of the game and then you’d move to Dungeons and Raids.

Nowdays people get to 60 in 4-5 days, 1 week or month. It took the slowest players in my guild to get to 60 in 3 months in Classic and he could only play 1-2 hour per night due to his kids.

If you don’t enjoy the current state of Classic, take a break until more content is released.

Anyway guys, at the end of the day its just a game and if you’re not a Streamer don’t take it too seriously even if we all tend to do this mistake.

Cheers :slight_smile:

I

6 Likes

All I see is “I just wish Classic was retail”.
So go to retail? It’s the same sub anyway.

1 Like

And you really trust 2020 Blizzard to make new content right? After WoD and BFA? Hell, they couldn’t even do a good job on a remake for their last release.

No I don’t, as I have said before in similar posts.
However my point still stands, Classic should have ideally been a remake instead of a 1:1 copy with fresh content that still conforms to the “Vanilla experience” instead of tired old content that everyone knows inside and out and will mindlessly grind through over and over.

All just wishful thinking really, what Classic could have been in an ideal world instead of a 1:1 copy of Vanilla that hasn’t been adapted to a completely new playerbase that it just wasn’t designed for.

I used to love WSG as was the most fun and challenging bg. But I agree now, unless you want to be in a premade, is not possible to do anything in there. You should queue 10 times to get 1 normal match, the remaining 9 would mean beeing chain killed by a premade.
Blizzard had always problem at balancing things. It would be so fair and so easy to match premades vs premades and pugs vs pugs…

You want end game content? Come to retail, we give you 2000 gold for doing 4 quests in a specific area! Bot mafias don’t have to prevent you from getting what you truly want, which is gold & glory

You know, alliance figured out a way to create a community with this cross realm joke, and blizz nerfed it. If they actually set up battlegroups, alot of problems could have been skipped.

Properly preparing for BWL and MC (all pots+wbuffs) - Leveling Alts to 35 to print money with tailoring and alchemy - Leveling an alt to 60 for fun. These are things I am doing outside of ranking for fun. Find things to do, this isn’t retail where blizzard put content on a platter for everyone to cycle through like mindless zombies, enjoy the game

Fixed it for you.

1 Like

Its not the game itself but rather the playerbase knowing each and every stone of the game and trying to min/max it to their own advantage.

Lol what? - That isn’t class balance, that’s class design.
The PvP in classic is very unbalanced XD.

This is a con and a pro tbh, it’s good if you can get the people.
It’s a con… when you can’t get the people(As you can’t raid otherwise)
It’s basically what kills a lot of guilds off, just the shear amount of raiders that you’re needing.

Dunno about you, but the sense of a community doesn’t really exist.
Especially since the populations are that large, you don’t have to care about ninja looting reputation.

No, no, no…The game hasn’t changed (so much), you have! There are so many things to do in the game that I always feel a constant burn to do this, then do that or no, better get something else done. If you don’t have a job, get one, you will start appreciating your time in Classic afterwards (which will be limited).