Classic RP vs Expansion RP

If you’re not RPing as a time traveler from the future then what’s even the point

1 Like

time traveller appears
I come to warn you about the draenei invasion from draenor in the year 60.
vanilla azeroth
Those that corrupted sargeras seek to invade us?!

How Is It Objectively More Rp Friendly When You Put 50 Rppvpers Together In Bfa It Turns Into A Microsoft Powerpoint Slideshow

7 Likes

I don’t know about that. I mean, in the best possible world, what do you think classic RP servers be like after two years of settling down? What should the community be like and how should guilds interact?

Same. In addition that the lore is way further evolved on certain aspects.

How would that be handled anyways in rp?

We know that (for example) troll loa exist and how they do things since BfA. Is that overtaken?

What about Draenor? Which was only added in TBC. Or the general existence of high elves / blood elves? Will people just pretend Silvermoon doesn’t exist or was “attacked by the Scourge” and then idk? The blood elves joined the Horde in WC3, as did the forsaken. So… Uh… You will just pretend they “exist somewhere”?

Will orcs know draenei and be like “yo, we were once living with some goats… Idk where they at though…”? How about the knowledge we got on more specific topics such as Suramar?

Very old night elves would surely know they had some people going off and going into their bubble, right? Illidari should exist too though extremely rare.

All of this just leaves so much room for different interpretations.

Though my main reason why I wouldn’t want to roleplay on classic is y’all including me ugly af. No transmogs which is a dealbreaker for me since I am a great fan of collecting rp mog.

Wrong.

Wrong

Draenei used to be the ones that corrupted sargeras.

No. Gameplay wise it was added in TBC. Though it’s outland.

No.

U w0tm 8

Warcraft 2 if i recall correctly. And warcraft 3.

The blood elves joined during tbc with aid of sylvanas

Retconstantinople boiii

Being fair, the orcs thought they’d completely wiped the draenei out, Velen had to sacrifice enough of them to make it look like they’d been exterminated while the chosen few got on the spaceship.

EDIT: Rise of the Horde is the source, I think?

I will join a progression raiding guild and participate in the speedrunning scene.

But RP? HELL NO. Classic is all about that grind no lifer mmo experience. My RP experiences from vanilla are horrible, it was a huge mess with people having no clue.
On top of that, there’s horrible models, less races, no transmog, and NOT EVEN A RP PVP SERVER. It’s a waste of time.
Retail RP is still the way to go.

My recommendation:

Play Classic ooc
RP in BfA.

1 Like

After two years, the best case scenario would be them sticking to the canon lore and play in the given setting.

#SayNoToMoongladeHeadcanon

…What is head cannon? DONT HIT ME!

Headcanon is making up your own lore basically

WTB mage portal to AD

Well the old lore(from wc3) was that we now call “Lost ones” were the actual Draenei, lead by Akama. And they were native to Draenor and had -always- looked like that.

Eredars back then were just demons, and the draenei had no affiliation with them whatsoever. This was also the case in vanilla since the Man’Ari/Draenei stuff didnt get rectonned until tbc.

There’s also other issues with Draenor lore, such as that the Black Citadel was located in hellfire pennisula, and that was the only place that was left of Draenor.

1 Like

Purely for transmog, I think most roleplayers will remain on retail. Any person who cares about aesthetic the most won’t enjoy Classic at all.

I’m heading over there to play the game, I’ll make my char on An RP server to be safe in case I ever get interested but my intentions are playing classic for gameplay and modern for RP only

Transmog is the main QoL thing I’ll miss, for sure. But to me the positives of the world being more coherent and less meme-y, feeling more alive due to the inconvenience of travel (I get this isn’t for everyone, and I appreciate things being easy now, but I think it’s come at the expense of the world feeling like a world) etc. outweigh the lack of certain things like transmog and the like.

You wont get me this time welcome bear, you wont get me this time.

Do you guys think items you collect in classic should carry over to your retail Transmog collection? For example, If you were to obtain the Rhok’delar bow on a hunter, you should/will get to use it as a mog in retail? Might be a nice work around for unobtainables.

1 Like