Classic WOTLK Servers

Based on Ironforge.pro

except the last raid week logged 140k players, not the 100k youā€™ve mentioned?

Remove PvE servers.

2 Likes

Why? The argument is that alliance avoiding PVP is the issue, not overall player population distribution. If anything youā€™re arguing the point that itā€™s people avoiding PVP causing the issue.

No, the argument is that PvP servers are not balanced and that there are more horde playing PvP than there are alliance. So including PvE servers is dumb.

4 Likes

Whatever you think the issue is - the thread is about lack of world PVP and faction balance ruining it.

Weā€™ve said: ā€œPopulation is balanced, but Alliance avoid PVP - hence collapse of alliance on PVP realms (other than firemaw)ā€.

Excluding PVE realms is misleading, because it makes it look like ā€œlol 2:1 horde allianceā€. when itā€™s not. itā€™s 1:1 horde alliance, but the alliance are stone-walling themselves from PVP interactions.

Seeing as there literaly is no world pvp for anyone on the pve servers you can just disregard all the players on the pve servers seeing as nether the aliance nor the horde on those servers will ever do world pvp

Thatā€™s the point. Alliance on PVE/PVERP realms are a 70:30 ratio - showing more players on alliance actively chose to avoid PVP. If we look at the player pool in itā€™s entireety, itā€™s almost 50:50 horde to alliance.

The entire point of world PVP and the faction war is that non-consensual interactions are the basis of the system. Natural escalations being the objective to drive unscripted player interaction in a way that Raid/PVE content canā€™t.

Alliance chose to avoid this, either through PVE realms or by swaming a single server.

The irony is that the horde want the PVP so much that they followed the alliance to Firemaw, and now the server is locked.

1 Like

Bcause the PvE serversā€™ population has been fairly stable in numbers and Horde: Ally ratio since Classic launced.
Those playing there (me included) are the ones who from the get got did not care to waste our time corpse-running half of our playtime, just because someone said that true WoW players choose PvP.

1 Like

ā€œThe people who were never a part of world pvp are the reason only one server is balancedā€
How backwards can you be? If a person is on pve server they ether were there from the begining or they got so feed up with not being able to enjoy the game that they transfered there without ever thinking they would be able to come back what dose that say about the state of your world pvp?

1 Like

BOOM. Thank you.

Actively avoiding PVP.

PVP is like eating healthy and getting excersize. Sure, eating deserts and chilling on your PC is decent, but your life is better overall (PC time included) by doing the ā€œchoresā€ of eating healthy and exercising.

itā€™s 2022. How are we still not understanding this?

How is it that you can not understand that some of us does not find it fun to be ganked again and again and again. Whenever I get attacked in PvP - where itā€™s enabled in the open world - I emote /sit, wait for the opponent to either kill me or leave. If he kills me, I log out and wait with logging in till Iā€™m sure heā€™s left.

I DONā€™T DO PvP!

Given only PvP servers Iā€™d quit the game.

No point in arguing with PvE players dude :smiley:

1 Like

ā€¦ or the PvP guys either.

1 Like

I wanted to level on a fresh server at the start, but I kinda realized, that I simply donā€™t have time. With boosts being removed, I kinda also donā€™t see a point for me to start overā€¦

Then get some friends so come and help you. if you suck at PVP - use social skills to gang up and protect each other.

Unscripted. Player. Interactions.

People remember that. No one cares that you finally killed Ragnaros for the 100th time , 15 years later.

1 Like

And no one cares that you killed 10 people who are 10 lvls lower than yourself at the end of the day ether, the people you ganked just think you are a idiot and will forget you within a week becouse someone els did the same thing to them when they just wanted to be able to do a dungeon. And just fyi there is a reason why the 2 server types are named pvp and normal servers, the game is a pve game with added pvp for those who want that so stop pretending that people wanting to play what the game was designed for are some sort of lower class players.

5 Likes

UD Rogue on Gehennas telling ppl that they suck at PvP and just need to get friends. Funny guy.

1 Like

Itā€™s 2022 and we donā€™t have PvP realms any more. There is opt-in Warmode because people went on PvP realms due to reasons completely not related to PvP and broke them. And as people got competitive WPvP became more and more meaningless for that sacred character progression. And when WPvP became to matter for character progression in P2 then it quickly got derailed with death raids, camping flightmasters and whatever. This isnā€™t WPvPā€¦

And I had fun on a PvE realm as Horde minority. During scarab lord farm we had a nice cross faction coop even at Hive Zora :wink:

Not everyone will do PvP or PvE. Some will raid, some will not. Some will have one toon, some will have 10. There is no ā€œone and trueā€ way to play this game.

4 Likes

/No, not going to happen. Why should I waste my time killing and getting killed when I can play the game?
And Cupid and Sharknado are rigth too:)

3 Likes