Cliffside Wylderdrake: Black Hair drop is bugged

It’s like they didn’t learn from soulshapes. Dragonriding is an expansion-limited feature, so why the hell are the customisations low drop rates? It’s not something tied to power, so we should really be able to get majority of the stuff with ease. Hell, scratch that, I’d even say Raszageth’s manuscript should drop 100% if you defeat her. One less week/day we don’t see these is less time we get to enjoy it.

actually i just checked to see if i have it and i already do
for sure i did not farm it, nor remember it nor i had any clue that i already had this customization until now

so yes 300 tries without getting it doesn’t sound right to me

Yes, this is one of those that no one had to farm intentionally but got while the playing game naturally since it can drop from the super rare everyone farmed for the gear at the start of the expansion which also dropped a toy. So, there is no doubt that it is just bugged for me and people like me, but thank you for the feedback!

To be fair Dragonriding is a very welcome modernisation of the previously aging flight system and given the popularity of it and future revamp of old Azeroth and Dracthyr’s racial “soar” already working everywhere I do not think it would be too far fetched to assume to feature will live on after the expansion. Rasz’s manuscript does drop on a high rate and my server is full of them at the AH and it is okay for such an appearance to be more challenging but the more basic ones such as hair etc… they should have stuck to quests and reputations (already a grind in itself). and if those that are displayed at the rostrum could actually all be available that would be great. There is no point of showing players unobtainable rewards…

41k achievement points. Thats quite impressive.

Would even get more if everyone just reports this bug to Blizzard and make tickets until they assure they’re working on it.

Don’t count on a fast fix, blizz always slow with achivements stuff while they fix dungeons and raids instant.

It’s not gambling, you lose nothing by not getting it to drop.

It’s not gambling I agree not only because you lose nothing but also because it is bugged, there is no way to win.

It’s not necessarily bugged the WoWhead drop rate is never accurate, it takes it from people who have the wowhead addon, it doesn’t take into account any special condition a drop might have, or just pure luck for the uploaders.

WOW’s always had very rare drops and this could be one, it’s not a game where you are expected to ‘complete’ the game in the first weeks.

You are just clueless mate. Please get out of my post.

1 Like

I’m not the one QQing a seemingly rare drop is has not dropped.

Well, I’m very sorry for you. You can’t even tell the difference between someone QQ’ing about a rare drop vs. someone trying to raise awareness about an obvious bug so, it gets fixed. As I said above, get out of here, you are not wanted.

1 Like

There’s nothing to suggest it’s a bug, your using unreliable drop info from wowhead. There could also be certain unknown conditions too.

There is nothing that indicates the drop rates should be considered as “rares”, the manuscript from Rasz which I would consider rare"er" has dropped consistently each week since launch at least twice per kill on my end so it was not a difficult farm.
But a simple hair colour that does not drop after so many kills, when every other manuscripts in game with known location drops after 4 or 5 kills… Yes that would be a bug.
Could have been from the early fix that affected all rares at launch, where rares could be looted multiple times daily and then completely disabled until fixed. Or as Péligro mentioned a conditional algorithm that slipped in there (example: If white hair is already unlocked then black hair cannot drop // or // Black hair cannot drop until blue scales are unlocked).
Such bugs are quite common in programming and unless they are flagged they cannot be addressed as they would be “conditional” and won’t affect everyone as players have unlocked things in a different order.

1 Like

You’re so naive to try to explain these facts to a person who is obviously incapable of understanding them, thank you anyway.

It’s your opinion it’s bugged based on the fact that you have done it many times and WoW Head quote an unofficial 5% drop rate.

Do you often stick around places that you are not wanted? Bye bye. I prefer not to talk to people who don’t understand simple math.

Did you put in a counter-offer for Blizzard… I thought not. You don’t get to choose who posts on the forums.

Besides, you not understanding random is clearly apparent. Let’s not forgot sample sizes for drop rates as well.

If you’re going to respond be civil like I have been.

May god help you.