Clown coding. When is it going to be fixed?

Lets get a list going.

1. Mage 4x icelances THROUGH the bridge on blades edge.
  2. Shadowstep puts you on floor instead of on bridge.
  3. As above but deathcoil forces you through bridge into floor.
  4. Flare lasting +10yards and +2 seconds further than the animation
  5. Priest weakness lasting into next game
  6. Hunter autoshot breaking vanish
  7. Pets following but not attacking (giving position away)
  8. Kidney Shot ineffective much more than it should be
  9. CS ineffective much more than it should be
  10. Clos not working / multiple bugs. Resist rate incorrect.
  11. Cheat death simply not proccing even on slow dot damage dropping you under 90%.
  12. Frostbite proc rate WAY above what it should be.
  13. Stealth not applying correct values with item/talents.
  14. People already abusing laghacks to jump around.
  15. Almost every addon preventing joining arena.
  16. Stealth dropping for no reason.
  17. Frost nova ignoring terrain.
  18. Able to shoot through pillars.
  1. Flare going through pillars.

And this is what I found in 1 afternoon from playing rogue. I havent even gotten to my other chars yet.

9 Likes

It says it all when casters chase / use abilities on Clos because they expect it to go through.
80%. Yea right.

1 Like

If you mean pets still follow you after you stealthed then that’s intentional, not a bug.

1 Like

Half of these sounds like assumptions, post some numbers, like this they are irrelevant

2 Likes

You can do it better? Apply at blizzard work your way up into a leading position make the changes and get rich in the process…

Pet follow on vanish is working as intended so we know where to flare.

1 Like

Actually I probably could do better given my line of work involves coding mission critical systems where poor code could cost companies millions of dollars if it went wrong. Thats why we cross audit our teams code multiple times before it even goes into testing let alone production.

And most of these bugs were reported in the Beta. So why are they still here, whats the point in a beta if you arent going to fix the problems reported?

Oh no… bugs in a game… Fortunately every other game that has been released in the online era is completely bug fre… oh wait.

can you pls provide proof that all of these are in fact bugs that havent been in the original version of tbc

I’ve noticed a decent number of these. I just assume vanish doensn’t work anymore because if I’m within 10 yards of someone, pressing it almost always results in something breaking it.

Cloak of Shadows is pretty wild right now too - I had a warlock friend say he thinks spell-penetration is causing spells to go through it. He stacks spell pen for PVE reasons and feels like it’s closer to 60% resistance to his spells rather than 90%.

Hunter is something i don’t know where to begin with. Track hidden is show people where I am from 20+ yards it seems. And i have every possible stealth increase from talents and items. I think the stealth improvement talents don’t work as intended, or at least don’t apply properly.

I struggle to find other rogues, and they struggle to find me. But anyone with paranoia or Track Hidden seems to have no problems dotting us from 20 yards away. Once my alt hits 70 i’ll do some testing on this.

Yes, the stealth numbers seem to be randomly generated out of thin air its so ridiculous. As an undead I am getting the sap out on human rogues with perception up.

1 Like

The game is from 2007 and still tons of bugs. HĂŽt is right about the things he mentioned in his post. Even pservers did a way better job. I was a big mistake to use the modern engine for 2.5.1.

2 Likes

Yes, please blizzard look into stealth numbers when it comes to talents and items, and also, vanish is not working as it used to back in TBC, neither is cloak of shadows.

2 Likes

The modern engine is WAY better than the TBC engine. if you’ve ever been on pservers that are unmodded, it’s a mess.

The issue is that they rushed TBC out to fill the content drowt in Retail, they needed something to bosot the numbers and distract from the fact they released and expansion, then waited 10 MONTHS to patch it.

You can do it better? Apply at blizzard work your way up into a leading position make the changes and get rich in the process…

2021 and people still write these kinds of responses XD yes the game that we are paying for is bugged, so that means we should apply for a job in Blizzard and fix the game ourselves like seriously do you not see how ridiculous that is

The irony is they don’t even realise that these bugs are artifacts on a list and summarily ignored each day during scrum meetings.

You don’t get to chose what you do on a daily basis when working for a company that large.

I played pserver for over 10 years and it wasn’t a mess. I’m even considering playing there again. The modern engine doesn’t feels right and causes alot of problems.

2 Things that i remember and are rather correct

-autoschoot and other atack that were caster but styl fly when rogue vanished were origanily working like that , wasnt fixed untill middle of WotLK

-Ressistance for stuns and other effect were that high for some classes , KS coud be ressisted, dodged, parryed and missied so fact that Orc Warrior coud get 50% “combine” chance that KS wont land was normal

Never, because Blizzard engine coders tend to suck, we had this with Overwatch too… their games are great because of their artists and level designers, not because of their engine coders lel. Bottom tier.

1 Like

Warmane has better coding in pvp I guess…

1 Like