Collecting Appearances in The War Within

Following the introduction of Warbands, we’ve seen a lot of discussion and received a lot of feedback from Transmog collectors. We want everyone to know that we’re currently working on some improvements to appearance collecting that are planned for the next patch after the release of The War Within.

First is an update to class-restricted gear. We’re working to make it so that non-cosmetic class-restricted gear can have its appearance collected by any class. Appearance collection will be retroactive to any gear in your inventory or bank. The intent is to make it much easier to collect class sets from legacy raids where that gear drops directly.

We’re also still working on the much-discussed update that makes it so that when quests are completed, all appearances from non-cosmetic item rewards will be granted, regardless of whether that particular class could have seen or chosen them. We plan for this to be retroactive, so any quests that you previously completed should grant all qualifying appearances when you first log onto any character. The intent here is to remove the need for completing these quests on multiple classes in order to collect all the appearances they provide.

Again, our intent is to implement the above with the next patch after the launch of The War Within.

Thank you very much!

67 Likes

I am so unfathomably happy to hear this, thank you so much!!! :dracthyr_heart:

8 Likes

This is fantastic news!!

6 Likes

Thank you.

Looking forward to this one too!

1 Like

Big win. Most of all, thanks for the clear communication on this issue. For most of us it’s not a problem if things don’t work as intended or get delayed, we just want to know what the intent is and that it is still on the radar. :smiley:

1 Like

How it will be with Legion Artifact Weapon Colors already unlocked with one Char/Class? (like 10 RBG, 30 Dungeons, 1000 Kills, Pillar of Creation, Heart´s Light) Will they also be unlocked at my other Classes - or will be RBG Blitz added to the Restriction of the Mage Tower which can be still done with 10 Man RBG - or do we have still to kill 12k Accountwide if we want to unlock the hidden Skin for each Class?

Can we please get rid of class-restrictions altogether in transmog ?!
Let us use anything we have unlocked on any character!

1 Like

I still dont think this is a good move for longevity.

1 Like

I kinda agree… its too much instant gratification

1 Like

People will notice it once they collect everything and run out of things to do.

1 Like

Waiting for the posts about people having collected everything and there’s nothing left to do then yapp about there being no content. Calling it right now.

7 Likes

Great news!!!

Would this affect the class-restricted transmogs from RBGs? For example, being able to collect all class transmogs once the achievement is earned with one character, just as it already happens with the weapons and titles from that achievement

1 Like

People (me) who aren’t collectors but want that one piece will be incredibly happy.

7 Likes

Awsome news! Thanks a lot for that. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you!
I was unpleased after 11.0 and my alts cant appearance for locked class gears from solo old raids

Now cant wait!

I’m not sure having me run old dungeons / raids time and time again because that one transmog don’t want to drop when you’re on the right toon to wear it is a good way to add longevity to the game.
For example, the Chess boss in Karazhan being a pain in the a…, I’m glad I can collect the remaining appearances left without having to pray I’m on the right character when opening the chest.

And back to the announcement, the only things here is that it means, you won’t have to do the storyline over and over again to collect the quest set. Well, not anymore after the 1st patch. If you can’t wait, you will still need to level up 3 alts.

9 Likes

What about the legacy content HP and damage buff? The triple health buff in older content has made it much more tedious or even downright impossible to farm legacy raids and dungeons, which directly impacts our ability to collect the appearances warbands were supposed to make less tedious. The time between season, when it is arguably the best time to do older content, feels like griefing players in that regard.

Hundreds of players (at least) have spoken about it on Twitter and other platforms, yet there’s been zero acknowledgment or updates from the team. When can we expect some news on this? We need a more balanced experience in legacy content to actually enjoy the major selling points of Warbands. If the intention is to grief players, then at least own up to it and admit it, instead of practicing radio silence.

Stop griefing us please.

It’s more the point they dont seem to be replacing it with anything else good or not, farming transmogs kept people playing much longer than they would usually.

Its the same when they first nerfed gold farming in legacy raids, they killed a main part of the game for somepeople who played to do that and replaced it with nothing making a lot of those players quit the game…

Time will tell if it is goodor bad move.

But i honestly think its good initially but it will soon bite them unless they increase rate of content release with worthwhile new transmogs not reskins…

Though a lot of people here the more addicted ones would take just reskins.

1 Like

You know people also laughed at me when i said micro soft dude who sold boosts was only in blizzard because microsoft was gonna make a play to buy them.

Months before it was announced.

I have a good track record for this kinda stuff