Collectors Edition and shipping time

I’ve pre-ordered World of Warcraft: The War Within 20th Anniversary Collector’s Edition. I’ve asked Blizzard Gear Store about when it will be shipped, and they said in December. And what should I do if expansion is released earlier? So buyers of regular electronic version will be able to play on release day and owners of exclusive Collectors edition will need to wait until it arrives?

Am I understanding the situation right?

In the past Blizzard allowed you to buy the game digitally and then claim a refund once you show them your boxed collectors edition(the code with evidence). I guess it will be the same with this one.

1 Like

Hm, ok. I will contact bliz support to confirm that, because otherwise situation is really weird. Imagine selling edition with early access, which will come only 2 month after release :rofl:

The “refund” goes to your Battle.net wallet. All it requires are the codes once used on the account to give that refund, you don’t need to Contact anyone for it.

It is already confirmed in the newsblog announcement and also again on the forums that the same promo applies to TWIW as it were for DF.

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-gb/news/24080622/pre-purchase-the-world-of-warcraft-the-war-within™-20th-anniversary-collectors-edition

you’ll receive a Battle.net® balance reimbursement for your previous purchase to use in-game or on Battle.net .

2 Likes

Thanks, that’s a relief. Do you have some info, by any chance, is there a possibility to refund not to bnet balance, but to original payment method?

This promo offer is only to BNET balance - as were all the previous ones for CE reimbursement for digital editions. No money will be given back to your original payment method, only store credit.

They may change their stance on it, but it’s very unlikely.

Did you manage to get a good deal on shipping?

To Germany it’s “only” 37 Euro, which is good deal comparing to other countries, based on complains of others :smile:

Still expensive. I think in Germany you have one of the best logistics network, I would expect shipping to be cheaper.

Agree. This is my first CE, and it feels like not being a valuable customer, but being scammed on all possible steps:

• shipping costs are extremely high
  • price of digital edition could not be returned out of Bnet, so this money still stays with Blizzard. If you don’t want this to happen - wait couple of month after release for your actual game copy before playing

It all could be easily mitigated by Blizzard, if there were at least a minimum intention. Selling could be done with big shipping providers of buyers choice. Code for game copy could be shipped via email immediately, so there is no problem with refunding digital version. All is possible, when you want to care about the customer.

This will greatly impact on my decision for the next expansion CE.

1 Like

Yes, That is how that works.

Want early then buy the game again

Yes this is possible but some customers could cancel their pre-order and get refunds. They would have already received and redeemed their game codes.

Easy fix with two positions in invoice, one is code, second is physical version. One is refundable, other is not.

1 Like

Or even better 2 separate purchases like Diablo IV.

1 Like

So I bought collector 20 years and no Digital one and If i m not interested about bnet wallet I m screwed? I payed 200e CE and i m not gonna take benefit for 3days early acces and i need to buy a 2nd time TWW to play in time?

Look like a scam… I ve nothing to buy on Bnet…

It’s not a scam as your options are clearly given before you. If you’re not interested in BNET wallet reimbursement, simply wait for the CE order to arrive and then add it.

As for the digital early access:

†Beta Access and Early Access dates subject to change. Early Access duration is 3 days. Limited time only. Play time subject to possible outages and time zone differences. Certain endgame features, including Mythic dungeons and weekly quests, not available during Early Access. Click for more details.

You’re not missing anything critical if you were to not add a digital.

This is a pre-order product and will ship with the launch of the expansion on or before December 31, 2024.

World Of Warcraft: The War Within Epic Edition Game Key
The War Within Hardcover Art Book
Gryphon Rider Statue
Collector’s Pin featuring Anduin, Alleria, and Thrall
Epic Edition Game Content includes: Enhanced Level 70 Character Boost; 3 Days of Early Access, and 30-Days of Game Time; Algarian Stormrider Mount; Stormrider’s Attire Transmog Set; Deepdweller’s Earthen Hearthstone Effect, Squally, the Storm Hatchling Pet, and the Sandbox Storm Gryphon Toy; and 1000 Trader’s Tender
Box measures approximately 27.2cm x 30.6cm x 7.4cm

I bought a product with this package.

If i can take benefits of 3 days, its a scam, a lie ad.

Where on the Gear shop its written “you must buy a digital game version to have 3 early days acces”

3 Days of Early Access, and 30-Days of Game Time

Receive 30 days of game time and be among the first to experience The War Within with 3 days of Early Access before launch on or before December 31, 2024. ***

This similiar question of receiving the early access benefits of the CE “epic edition key” was also answered here:

If you purchase a digital version now once you receive the physical Collector’s Edition you’ll be able to receive a credit when you put in the code on that same WoW license.

on Bnet account, What Can I do with that “money” ? I ve nothing to buy.